“Sweet upgrade”

GreenLeadersGold level
Lookout Mountain, GA
“Sweet upgrade”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Checked in and asked for an upgrade which was available. The room had a couch and I suppose was larger than the regular rooms but the bathroom is very small. Clean and some wear and tear on the carpet. I conducted a conference in one of their smaller conference rooms and their set up was right on time and efficient.
The best thing about my upgrade was the lounge on the 9th floor. Everything was complimentary; wine and beer along with other soft drinks, snacks including fresh fruit, cheks mix, nuts, mints, dessert, raw veggies with ranch dip, and fried chicken with gravy and mashed potatoes. The fried chicken was very good and the view of the mountains from the large windows was prefect. For breakfast there were scrambled eggs with sausage and bacon, sliced melons, breads and various cereals. The front desk staff were very nice and efficient for check in and the next day offered to walk me to the conference room to help me locate it (wasn't necessary at all). For lunch the open air restaurant was very busy with what looked like local residents attending some function as well as other hotel guest. The food looked good but I didn't eat at the restaurant.
There are plenty of restaurants close by as well as a Whole Foods where I had purchased a salad for my lunch and fruit for later.
I would go back here if had the chance. I enjoyed my one night stay.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade on a high level so you can see the mountains
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Polish first
Boston, MA
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

Room: average and slightly tired, but clean
Staff: very helpful
Location: right by University

While a bit worn, it is a clean basic business hotel. The room I checked into (on 9th executive level) had an overpowering smell of air freshener. I called front desk, and the staff member was honest that most of the rooms had this problem but offered to run an air cleaner in another room for 20 minutes (can't be in room while it runs) and then I could switch to that room. She suggested next time I stay there to contact ahead of time and ask for light air spray (as frequent business traveler I never heard this before). Again, this is an average slightly tired Hilton.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank JusWannaCleanRm
Ned S, General Manager at Hilton Fort Collins, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
We pride ourselves in providing each and every guest with a high quality experience and it seems we have fallen short during your recent stay. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to you regarding the air freshener in your room. I will follow up with my team immediately to ensure we take all necessary steps to make sure this does not happen in the future. Thank you again for sharing.
Hoschton, Georgia
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Hotel is fairy close to downtown. It is a bit dated and does not have free WI-FI. There is a lovely walking path just behind the hotel. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Pet friendly. Free Parking.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Paula35805
Ned S, General Manager at Hilton Fort Collins, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
I am happy to hear you were pleased with the location of our hotel as well as the comfort of your room. We do offer free wifi to our guests in the business center. I apologize if this was not expressed to you at check in. We have been very excited to announce that we are in the planning stages of rennovating our hotel! Please come see us again!
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Was good especially comfortable room and bed. Excelent!!! And shuttke service was good. The city where i stayed was Fort Collind in Colorado USA. it is a small city with 150thousands inhabitants. So the shuttle was very good.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Wontack S,

I see you traveled all the way from South Korea! What a trip! I am pleased to hear you were well accomodated during your stay. Please come see us again!
Afton, United States
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Everything but the TV remote worked well and was comfortable. The second day we finally got a new remote for the TV and the rest of the visit was lovely. We especially enjoyed the breakfasts we had by staying on the 9th floor. We'll do that again, I'm sure!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Ned S, General Manager at Hilton Fort Collins, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Thank you for your feedback. It is such a pleasure to hear you enjoyed your stay. I aways encourage our guests to take full advantage of our concierge lounge access that consists of breakfast and an evening reception. I look forward to your return to the Hilton!
Sydney
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

I'm not saying that the Hilton is a bad place to stay only that it needs to be brought into the 21st century. The decor is quite drab and gloomy and the rooms certainly need updating. The position is great and walking through Colorado State University to get to the Old Town always puts a smile on my face. The concierge lounge is also great as is the business centre.

While your in Fort Collins check out the excellent FC Bike Library. You can get a bike for free and ride around the town. Please give them a donation they do a fabulous job.

• Stayed October 2013
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We stayed there overnight. It had a great view. I think it is an old embassy suites. Did not eat there. The room was ok. The desk clerk gave us a great tip for a restaurant. The building is about 30 years old.

Room Tip: Get a high floor to see the view
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family