“Friendly and inviting”

Marriott Hotel Fort Collins
Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Fort Collins
Reviewed 9 November 2013

This Marriott has many of the standard amenities, but the ambiance within its walls exceeds others. The staff was very kind, helpful, and friendly. My family immediately felt comfortable and at home in the beautiful lobby. The fresh cookies were a perfect check-in treat. The hotel is very clean and spacious. Our immaculate room was a standard Marriott room and met our expectations. The housekeeping staff was so nice and helpful. We spent most of our down time in the pool/hot tub area. What a great space to relax right in the middle of busy Fort Collins! The work out room was everything you could ask for. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
David L, Manager at Marriott Hotel Fort Collins, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Thank you for writing a review of your stay with us at the Fort Collins Marriott on Trip Advisor. We're glad to hear that you had an enjoyable experience with us. We get so many great comments on the fresh baked cookies that come out every day at 4PM; it's not rare to see them go pretty fast. As fast as they go, our attentive staff in the kitchen always is willing to bake us more. We really are located right in the middle of Fort Collins and close to so many attractions the city has to offer. We hope that when your travels bring you back to the Northern Colorado area, you will choose the Fort Collins Marriott once again for your lodging needs.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

I have stayed here three times in the last three months and will definitely stay here again when I'm in Fort Collins. The remodeling is beautiful and inviting, but what makes this place so special is the staff. They remember me from previous visits and are always so warm and welcoming; even when I arrive in town late and exhausted, I feel an unusual sense of relief when checking in because of the kindness and respect in which I'm treated. During all of my visits the staff have been so helpful with my requests: from detailed fly fishing advice, to directions, and recommendations on local attractions and restaurants. Speaking of food, on our last trip we ordered room service (a late dinner), and although I've frequented many of the wonderful restaurants in town--and there are some really good ones--the best Italian vegetarian dish I had (during my last stay) at the Marriott was the one delivered to my room. The room was spacious, spotless, and well decorated. The pool is excellent and well maintained--one half is inside, the other half outside. Why don't more hotels do this? It's a great idea. This is my preferred hotel in Fort Collins and I will recommend it to friends and family.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the mountains. The sunset over Horsetooth Mountain is beautiful.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback and positive comments regarding your stay with us at the Fort Collins Marriott. We’re happy to hear that you've enjoyed all of your stays with us. Our staff is so well versed in the activities, dining establishments and other local attractions that the Northern Colorado area has to offer. We always hear such great things from our guests about where one of our associates recommended they visit. We look forward to your next stay with us and to be able to offer the same above and beyond guest service you have come to know and expect. Thank you again!

Reviewed 6 November 2013

I visit Fort Collins often and I always stay at the Fort Collins Marriott. The staff is always welcoming and friendly. They always treat me as if I am a part of their family. The building and rooms are always clean and comfortable. It definitely feels like my home away from home. I always feel welcomed when I arrive and I always look forward to coming back to the hotel the next time that I visit Fort Collins. The hotel and the amenities that it provides are outstanding and the staff is by far one of the best that I have interacted with. You should definitely stay at this hotel, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katie B
David L, Manager at Marriott Hotel Fort Collins, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to let us know about your stay with us at the Fort Collins Marriott. We're so happy to hear that you feel so at home here. Our associates are always finding new and different ways to go above and beyond to dazzle our guests and offer the most amazing customer service that we are capable of providing. Thank you again for choosing us for your lodging needs when in the Fort Collins area. We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 6 November 2013

This property is in desperate need of a remodel. My room on the concierge level was small and the bathroom was straight out of the 80s - old tile and cheap fixtures. The two elevators were slow and well worn. Although I did not use the pool area, it appeared much like the rest of the hotel, well used. The decking around the pool was patchy, like several areas had been peeled away. (The pool is visible through the dirty windows in the elevators.) The bright side...the staff was very friendly and helpful. The lobby was nicely decorated but I don't spend much time in the lobby so I would've preferred a nicer room.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback and comments regarding your stay with us at the Fort Collins Marriott. In the next few weeks we will be going through a guest elevator renovation as well as repairing our pool deck area. These two projects have been in the works and we're excited to get them completed. We hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future so that you can experience these two updates to our hotel. Thank you again and travel safe!

Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

The staff was so nice and accommodating. From the front desk to coffee bar to pool - they were so friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet is wonderful and so was the service. The location is close to everything right off of College. My kids had a great time in the pool.

Stayed: October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Fort Collins Marriott on Trip Advisor. We're happy to hear that you had a great stay with us. Our pool area is really one of our greatest features and is very "kid friendly." Our location is also very close to many great attractions that Fort Collins has to offer. We thank you again for staying with us and hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

I was here on business from the 21-27 and found the stay enjoyable from the first moment. I've never seen hotel staff so friendly from the front desk to the maid. They did a great job on the food during the conference. I'm so used to the same choices at these I closed my eyes and predicted the food. I was pleasantly surprised by freshly made food, Greek influence and wonderful fresh hummus and salads. Thanks! The beds are wonderful, all feather pillows, comforter etc. My only complaint is the wifi. Apparently it was free if you chose the conference mode? I tried it in my room and found out it was $12.50. I stuck to my I phone. Overall great hotel. Fort Collins is a wonderful town also. Old town is where it's at! Would definitely stay here again if I'm ever in colorado.

• Stayed: October 2013
David L, Manager at Marriott Hotel Fort Collins, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Thanks you for writing a review of the Fort Collins Marriott on Trip Advisor. We're glad to see that you enjoyed your stay as well as liking the variety of food and beverage offerings we had for your conference. Our staff really goes above and beyond to treat all of our guests like VIP's. All full service Marriott hotels are still charging for WIFI in your guestroom, but offering a free connection in the lobby area. Great to hear that you enjoyed our new guest room beds. They were part of our guest room renovation this past spring and we've been hearing from many of our guests that they're getting a very comfortable great night’s sleep. Travel safe and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

I am frequent business traveler. Over the last three years I have spent close to five hundred nights in various hotels. Although I have received great service during previous stays I am absolutely compelled to give my first online review of a hotel and it's staff. In my recent stay at the Marriott in Fort Collins, Colorado I had the great fortune to meet John H. from engineering, and Tori D. from the front desk. I had an issue connecting a media device to the television in my room, and while I was expecting prompt and professional attention from the Marriott, I was stunned by how far above and beyond reasonable expectations this staff pursued a solution to my issue. Even though I know they were busy attending to the needs of other customers as well as my own, I truly felt as if my problem was the only thing that mattered to them and I was treated as if I was the only guest in the hotel. John personally checked the media connections in three different rooms, and when the solution absolutely could not be resolved I was provided a complementary on demand movie for the inconvenience. What is most remarkable to me, upon reflection, is that between the exemplary professionalism displayed by John and Tori and the solution they ultimately provided I was more satisfied than if they had resolved my original issue. Congratulations to the Marriott for putting the customer first as a matter of policy, and for it's management and hiring practices. The Fort Collins Marriot has permanently distinguished itself above it's peers and certainly above it's competitors. The pleasant accommodations and delicious dinner service were icing on the cake. Thank you John. Thank you Tori. Thank you for making me feel like a king even though I was far from my castle. God bless you both.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank mgthomas

We thank you so much for your amazing comments and accolades regarding your stay with us at the Fort Collins Marriott. We do have some of the best associates around and they all truly display genuine care for all of our guests. I see that you've singled out two of our team that went above and beyond for you during the course of your stay. We'll certainly post your review for all of our staff to see. This type of service is something you should be able to find at all Marriott's, worldwide. We're so happy to hear that you experienced this with us. When your travels bring you back to the Fort Collins area, we hope to see you once more and do our best to top your previous stay with us. Travel safe!