“Ok, but not super”

Marriott Hotel Fort Collins
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Fort Collins
“Ok, but not super”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Only stayed one night, so didn't get a chance to check out everything. But the room was tidy and quiet (5th floor) and staff was pleasant. But there is no free Internet in the rooms, you have to go to the lobby if you don't want to pay for wifi. Other than that, it was fine.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
David L, Manager at Marriott Hotel Fort Collins, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your stay with us at the Fort Collins Marriott. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. Please reach out to me directly for your next stay and I'll happily give you complimentary wireless internet in your guest room. Thank you again and travel safe.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Rye Brook, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed here after the Hilton overbooked and gave away our room after we arrived at 1:30 am after a long day of travel and delayed flights. The woman at the check in desk understood we had a long journey and did everything she could to make our stay more comfortable. Wish we had booked here in the first place. First class service

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
David L, Manager at Marriott Hotel Fort Collins, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you for giving us your feedback regarding your stay with us at the Fort Collins Marriott. I'm so glad to hear that we were able to accommodate you and your family after the Fort Collins Hilton overbooked and gave your room away. This is certainly something we would never do at the Fort Collins Marriott. Sounds like it was our night auditor that was able to get you a room with us and make you feel special. We hope that you will choose us once again when your travels bring you back to the Northern Colorado area.
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

So, I am a dad with younger daughters going to an Ice Skating competition in Fort Collins.

I booked a room through Expedia, and also called ahead to the Fort Collins Marriot twice, just to say I will be arriving late and that I need to have 2 double beds.
In both my Expedia order and calls, I asked for 2 double beds,and they said no problem, verbally from the Marriot, and in a confirmation from Expedia, and even a separate email from Expedia from their customer support, and even said I would consider 2 rooms for the trip for three day if anything extra was need.

I arrived at the Marriot in Fort Collins at 9 P.M. for my daughters skating competition at 8 A.M the next morning. They said that they had a room, just not any with two double beds, nor even remotely to what I ordered I said I would gladly upgrade and pay more. They said that wouldn't help.
The response was there is only one room that you can have in this Hotel, all else is booked. It was a very small room with one king bed, that furniture had to be shuffled to make room for cots for my daughters. Not even close to my confirmations.

I told them I talked to someone from the front desk twice almost a week before to guarantee me my room. They said they could not help me unless I had something in writing documenting my conversations.
I showed them my Expedia receipt that showed I had two double beds in a deluxe room, and they said that was more a request of a room than a real guarantee or reservation.

Long story short, I was forced to move to different hotel in Fort Collins with a lot more expenditure so my daughters can have real beds, and my daughters made it to their cots slightly before midnight.

As an ex-military person, I had better customer support for rooms as I traveled during the Gulf war.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Rich H
David L, Manager at Marriott Hotel Fort Collins, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your stay with us at the Fort Collins Marriott. I'm sorry to hear of the less than favorable experience you had while you were a guest of ours. We did in fact receive a revised reservation via fax from Expedia that had a request for double beds. Unfortunately it was a request and not a guarantee for the bed type. For your date of arrival we had already been sold out of all of our rooms that have two double beds in them. The night of your arrival we were completely sold out of all rooms and couldn't accommodate your request. I recommend in the future that you book directly through marriott.com in order to guarantee your choice of bed type as well as to get the most up to date and accurate information regarding our hotel. I do see that my Front Desk Supervisor was able to reduce your rate for the evening as well as treating you and your family to breakfast in our restaurant. We certainly hope that if and when you and your family travel back to the Fort Collins area, you will give us another chance to provide you with an experience that goes above and beyond. Please reach out to me directly when you decide to make your next reservation so that I may personally take great care of you. Thank you again and travel safe!
Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Everything about the hotel is fine, it's just a bit older.
Pros. My room was on the 5th floor and I had a nice mountain view. All the room basics were there. Good breakfast. Very helpful and friendly staff.
Cons. Room was a bit smaller than other Marriott's, restaurant dinner was a bit lacking. Order the steak with red wine reduction and steak was overdone and the kitchen said they didn't have the reduction sauce? Really? There is a Starbucks in the lobby
Tips: given room size, request a king bed.

Room Tip: Ask for mountain view and king bed. Upper floor
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Fort Collins Marriott on Trip Advisor. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your room, our great staff and your breakfast. I'm sorry to hear about the steak that you ordered in our restaurant. We should've been able to provide you with the sauce that comes with the item you ordered. I've reached out to our chef and he is following up with our kitchen staff to make sure something like the challenge you experienced doesn't happen again. If you’re ever back in the Fort Collins area, please come and see us again. Travel safe.
New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

We were there for only one night but would certainly stay at this establishment for a future visit. The place is very clean, comfortable and the staff is extremely accommodating. We had flown in from the east coast on a morning flight and got there just after lunch. Although the room wasn't ready, they told us we could have access to the internet in the lobby and they would let us know when a room was available. Rooms are very comfortable and it was a positive experience.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
David L, Manager at Marriott Hotel Fort Collins, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Fort Collins Marriott. I'm sorry that we didn't have a room ready for you upon your arrival, but glad we were able to make you feel at home during your short wait. We always try our best to accommodate any and all guest needs, whether large or small. We hope that when your travels bring you back to the Northern Colorado area, you will choose us once again for your lodging needs.
Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

Very nice hotel, but not for families. Small rooms, double beds- too small for 4 people, no breakfast. No free wi-fi, not enough towels. The cool looking swim through indoor outdoor pool that my kids were excited about, was blocked and only the indoor was open and it was cold. For the price, I think there are better values for families elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank coloradoscubagirl
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your stay with us at the Fort Collins Marriott. I'm sorry to hear about the less than favorable experience that you had while here as our guest. All full service Marriott, Renaissance, JW Marriott and Ritz Carlton properties are still charging for tiered internet access. It's our select service properties that are not charging a fee. I apologize that the outdoor portion of our pool wasn't open yet for your enjoyment. Our outdoor pool doesn't open until Memorial Day every year, so that we can avoid any spring freezes like the one we just had this past Sunday. We hope that you will give us another chance and return this summer to be able to experience our outdoor pool during the heart of the summer sunshine. Thank you again and we hope to see you in the near future.
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

We stayed here for one night, for the price, it was a great deal. The staff is the best part, very helpful and friendly. The hotel is nice, but looking a little tired in a few places like the pool area. Our room was clean and as expected, basic size, pleasant décor/furniture, lots of hot water, higher end toiletries and super comfy bedding. The lovely views of the mountains out our window was a plus. The floor of our hotel had an odd odor, but not the room. We didn't use the pool or weight room, but the paint around the indoor pool is worn and needs to be re-done. The upside is it has a pool chair for folks with special abilities. The location is a drive from downtown, but not too far. I would stay here again. I didn't give it 5 stars because I think you expect the Marriott brand to be 100% up to date on maintenance and they were not...but close.

Room Tip: Not all the rooms have views and some will look into the parking lot.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
David L, Manager at Marriott Hotel Fort Collins, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thank you for giving us your feedback regarding your stay with us at the Fort Collins Marriott. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. I would have to agree with your opinion of our pool area. It’s certainly showing some wear from the winter. Good news though! We are getting ready to replace the entire deck area of the pool in the next month, before we open the outdoor area. You'll have to come back to see us after Memorial Day to experience the finished product. Thank you again for choosing us for your lodging needs while in the Fort Collins area and travel safe!