“Great place”

Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Fort Collins
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Great place”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Check in was easy, even though I didn't have a reservation. They staff was kind and gave me a room far from others. I was needing rest and relaxation. The bed and shower were great. No problems with the facility or getting want I needed.

Room Tip: Ask for one that meets your needs.They were very accomodating
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
David L, Manager at Marriott Hotel Fort Collins, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us at the Fort Collins Marriott. Seeing that you are a regular contributor to Trip Advisor, we greatly value your feedback. We're so happy to hear that we were able to meet all of your needs while staying with us. If and when your travels bring you back to the Fort Collins area, we hope that you will choose to stay with us once again. Thank you again and travel safe!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

Prompt check in and accommodating managers and front desk staff. Great beds, clean rooms, and very nice gym equipment. Very clean all around. Nice bar with great food, drink selection and service. Best/friendliest staff around! Never disappointed staying here.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
David L, Manager at Marriott Hotel Fort Collins, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us at the Fort Collins Marriott. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and noticed the extreme cleanliness of our hotel. We have an amazing housekeeping staff, which currently has some of the highest scores amongst all North American full service Marriott hotels. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.
Iowa
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Just completed my second stay here for business.

Nicely decorated and recently renovated property. Very comfy bed and very high quality Internet access.The pool and fitness facilities are nice.

The concierge floor access with evening refreshments and morning breakfast is a high quality add on!

The only thing I did not like about the overall layout of this property is finding the stairs to take is very difficult. The only stairs I found lead to emergency exits. I think this might be due to the overall age of the property?

Grabbed a refreshment in the evening with colleagues and although the food and drink quality is fine, service can be a little slow. I am not sure this is due to anything other than understaffed issues.

Overall, I like this property very much, find it to be in a central, easy to find location. I look forward to staying again!

Room Tip: I stayed overlooking the outdoor pool and found this location to be quiet, sunny and relaxing.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
David L, Manager at Marriott Hotel Fort Collins, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us at the Fort Collins Marriott. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. It’s great to see that you liked our renovation and had comfortable night’s sleep on one of our new beds. Next time your here staying with us, we would be happy to explain to you how to access your floor using the stairwells. Thanks again for staying and travel safe!
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Only stayed one night, so didn't get a chance to check out everything. But the room was tidy and quiet (5th floor) and staff was pleasant. But there is no free Internet in the rooms, you have to go to the lobby if you don't want to pay for wifi. Other than that, it was fine.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your stay with us at the Fort Collins Marriott. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. Please reach out to me directly for your next stay and I'll happily give you complimentary wireless internet in your guest room. Thank you again and travel safe.
Rye Brook, New York
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed here after the Hilton overbooked and gave away our room after we arrived at 1:30 am after a long day of travel and delayed flights. The woman at the check in desk understood we had a long journey and did everything she could to make our stay more comfortable. Wish we had booked here in the first place. First class service

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
David L, Manager at Marriott Hotel Fort Collins, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you for giving us your feedback regarding your stay with us at the Fort Collins Marriott. I'm so glad to hear that we were able to accommodate you and your family after the Fort Collins Hilton overbooked and gave your room away. This is certainly something we would never do at the Fort Collins Marriott. Sounds like it was our night auditor that was able to get you a room with us and make you feel special. We hope that you will choose us once again when your travels bring you back to the Northern Colorado area.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 25 April 2014

So, I am a dad with younger daughters going to an Ice Skating competition in Fort Collins.

I booked a room through Expedia, and also called ahead to the Fort Collins Marriot twice, just to say I will be arriving late and that I need to have 2 double beds.
In both my Expedia order and calls, I asked for 2 double beds,and they said no problem, verbally from the Marriot, and in a confirmation from Expedia, and even a separate email from Expedia from their customer support, and even said I would consider 2 rooms for the trip for three day if anything extra was need.

I arrived at the Marriot in Fort Collins at 9 P.M. for my daughters skating competition at 8 A.M the next morning. They said that they had a room, just not any with two double beds, nor even remotely to what I ordered I said I would gladly upgrade and pay more. They said that wouldn't help.
The response was there is only one room that you can have in this Hotel, all else is booked. It was a very small room with one king bed, that furniture had to be shuffled to make room for cots for my daughters. Not even close to my confirmations.

I told them I talked to someone from the front desk twice almost a week before to guarantee me my room. They said they could not help me unless I had something in writing documenting my conversations.
I showed them my Expedia receipt that showed I had two double beds in a deluxe room, and they said that was more a request of a room than a real guarantee or reservation.

Long story short, I was forced to move to different hotel in Fort Collins with a lot more expenditure so my daughters can have real beds, and my daughters made it to their cots slightly before midnight.

As an ex-military person, I had better customer support for rooms as I traveled during the Gulf war.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Rich H
David L, Manager at Marriott Hotel Fort Collins, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your stay with us at the Fort Collins Marriott. I'm sorry to hear of the less than favorable experience you had while you were a guest of ours. We did in fact receive a revised reservation via fax from Expedia that had a request for double beds. Unfortunately it was a request and not a guarantee for the bed type. For your date of arrival we had already been sold out of all of our rooms that have two double beds in them. The night of your arrival we were completely sold out of all rooms and couldn't accommodate your request. I recommend in the future that you book directly through marriott.com in order to guarantee your choice of bed type as well as to get the most up to date and accurate information regarding our hotel. I do see that my Front Desk Supervisor was able to reduce your rate for the evening as well as treating you and your family to breakfast in our restaurant. We certainly hope that if and when you and your family travel back to the Fort Collins area, you will give us another chance to provide you with an experience that goes above and beyond. Please reach out to me directly when you decide to make your next reservation so that I may personally take great care of you. Thank you again and travel safe!
Michigan
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Everything about the hotel is fine, it's just a bit older.
Pros. My room was on the 5th floor and I had a nice mountain view. All the room basics were there. Good breakfast. Very helpful and friendly staff.
Cons. Room was a bit smaller than other Marriott's, restaurant dinner was a bit lacking. Order the steak with red wine reduction and steak was overdone and the kitchen said they didn't have the reduction sauce? Really? There is a Starbucks in the lobby
Tips: given room size, request a king bed.

Room Tip: Ask for mountain view and king bed. Upper floor
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Fort Collins Marriott on Trip Advisor. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your room, our great staff and your breakfast. I'm sorry to hear about the steak that you ordered in our restaurant. We should've been able to provide you with the sauce that comes with the item you ordered. I've reached out to our chef and he is following up with our kitchen staff to make sure something like the challenge you experienced doesn't happen again. If you’re ever back in the Fort Collins area, please come and see us again. Travel safe.