“Pleasant Experience and Great Location”

Marriott Hotel Fort Collins
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Fort Collins
Colombo
“Pleasant Experience and Great Location”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

During my visit to Denver Colorado, i stayed at Fort Collins Marriott. it was a long stay and was what i expected it to be, friendly staff, great location to go around and to get to know many places in the area. for me it was a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
David L, Manager at Marriott Hotel Fort Collins, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Fort Collins Marriiott. I'll have to agree with you that we do have a great staff and are in a great central location to many attractions in the Fort Collins area. We hope that when your travels bring you back to the Fort Collins area, you will choose to stya with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 23 July 2014

If your into staying in your room when you head to a hotel, then you should know that the rooms are a bit small. The bathroom / sink area / closet is a very tight space. There was no fridge in the room and I would have expected it.

On the other side if you are into getting out of your room, the hotel is great. The people who work at this Marriott are wonderful. They truly care and have a personality. The Concierge Lounge is what you would expect with people who are working there are more than kind. They seem to have longer hours and the food is tasty.

I will come back; they have earned my future business.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
David L, Manager at Marriott Hotel Fort Collins, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us at the Fort Collins Marriott. We agree with you that our concierge staff as well as all staff throughout the entire hotel is absolutely amazing. All of us try to go above and beyond whenever we can and do whatever it takes to satisfy all of our guests. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay. When your travels bring you back to the Fort Collins area, we hope that you will choose to stay with us once again.
Keller, Texas
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This hotel seemed like it possibly had been a Courtyard in the past. It was clean, but nothing special...just really tired and needing updating. Staff was very friendly and cordial. Large property that apparently is used for weddings. It severed its purpose.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your stay with us at the Fort Collins Marriott. I'm sorry to hear that you felt that our hotel wasn't up to date. We do have a few more renovations to complete in our guestrooms that are happening in the future, but overall I'd like to think that our hotel is on the cutting edge as far as style, technology and overall appearance. We hope that you will stay with us again and take advantage of some of the wonderful amenities we have to offer.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a business meeting, where we also hosted the meeting in the hotel. This worked out great. Hotel is centrally located to College Ave as well as Harmony Rd-I-25. Staff was very helpful and made sure everything went smoothly. Concierge level on 6th floor was a nice touch. Room was large, but was a little outdated. The furniture, carpet, etc are ready to be updated. The pool area was also large (indoor-outdoor connected pool), but again is in need of an update/overhaul. Overall, very satisfied and would stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ColoradoWeatherMan
David L, Manager at Marriott Hotel Fort Collins, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us your comments regarding your stay with us at the Fort Collins Marriott. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our location was perfect for your meetings. As far as some updates to our rooms, this is a plan for the near future and we'll be excited to have you back to see some of the changes we have planned. We hope to see you again soon. Travel safe!
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a wedding over Memorial Day weekend. The lobby looks very nice when you first walk. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We decided to pay the extra fee for a refrigerator which they delivered quickly. Once we left the lobby things started to go down hill. The hallway to the elevator seemed a little dark and dingy. Our room did seem very clean but definitely had a lot of out date features. The bathroom was rather small and so was the vanity area. It was hard for both my husband and I to place our belongings on the counter. In the end it wasn't bad but it was anything I would recommend.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Yadeira B
Thank you for leaving us your comments regarding your stay with us at the Fort Collins Marriott. I'm sorry to hear that we weren’t able to provide enough room in the bathroom area for your belongings. We're still in the process of updating a few features in our guestrooms to complete our renovation. We hope you will give us another try when your travels bring you back to the Fort Collins area.
Tarpon Springs, Florida
Reviewed 19 July 2014

First the only reason this hotel would get a good rating is because there is only 13 (if that) hotels in Fort Collins. At check in there was only two towels and they were old and dingy. No hand towels at all. The bathtub has no grip at the bottom, when I first stepped in I almost slipped and fell. The pillows had yellow stains and also old and worn. I requested a refrigerator in my room at arrival months in advance and was assured there would be. I had to wait two days till one was available. There were moths, mosquitoes, centipedes but I tried to chalk it up to the fact that I had bottom floor room with sliding doors and when I opened them they would get. Tried to let that one go. T.V would freeze up at times when I ordered a movie. But the staff was helpful and courteous. So I tried to look past the issues and had them fix each one. I had enough when I received a letter stating that they would enter my room the following day to check on my well being because I hadn’t had housekeeping since I checked in. I had housekeeping the prior day and also told them they should travel all other avenues before bothering their guest. Such as I ordered room service every morning, stopped at the bar in the lobby every morning and charged a latte to my room, room service at night, charged items from the market to my room almost every day. This all says that my well being is just fine. The next day I received another letter of the same kind. At this point I considered this harassment and I checked out. I am now disputing the charges; I’m not paying for a full service hotel and receive motel quality. One last thing if there is no specific reason to stay in Fort Collins don’t.

Room Tip: This hotel has no good view at all! I looked out to a construction site. There is only two elevators...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank M4187
David L, Manager at Marriott Hotel Fort Collins, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your stay with us at the Fort Collins Marriott. Please let me apologize for the less than favorable experiences you encountered while staying with us. If you could please take the time to contact me directly at the hotel so we can discuss these challenges further, it would be appreciated. Thank you again for informing us of these issues and I hope to hear from you very soon.
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Pros: good location near restaurants and the university. The guy that checked us in was really nice and personable. Free parking, good size gym and pool/hot tub area

Cons: rooms a little dated and tired looking. If you were down one of the wings of the hotel it was a serious hike to only one elevator bank. Luggage carts were hard to find, Starbucks coffee in the morning cold ( but barista was very nice ) and nothing free....( elite members should get free internet or breakfast )

Stayed at a Fairfield inn the night before that blew this hotel away for $60 less a night.

I wouldn't tell you not to stay here but manage your expectations

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dcl1973
We appreciate you taking the time to give us your comments regarding your stay with us at the Fort Collins Marriott. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed our location, our newly renovated fitness center and our friendly staff. I do apologize for the less than favorable experience you had with the distance to your room, lack of bell carts and the cold coffee. All of these items should've met your expectations and clearly did not. We will take the information you have provided and learn from these challenges. As far as the WIFI being free to our Marriott Rewards Elite guests, if you are indeed of Elite status, your internet most certainly should've been complimentary. Please reach out to me directly so that I may adjust this off your final invoice. Once again, we thank you for sharing your comments and hope that you will give us another chance to earn your business back.