“Just a few misses here”

Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in Fort Collins
Chicago, Illinois
“Just a few misses here”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

After booking online through the Marriott website I was sent a message about a 'Virtual Concierge' where you have a few choices of items both free and for a cost that you can have waiting for you at your room when you arrive. Since I was traveling with three girls I immediately took them up on the extra towels. Extra towels did not ever arrive to our room. We found our room to be a little dirty mentioning to the staff that there was some garbage behind the pull out sofa. Staying two nights we thought that would have been taken care of at least for the 2nd night after reporting the problem but no...it was still there. Having just stayed two nights at the Residence Inn in Denver, we knew that they included a little bag of microwave popcorn in the basket on the table when you arrive (the kids love those kind of small amenities). It looks like that basket was never replenished from the previous occupants. Not only was the popcorn missing but there was no sugar for the coffee. This was mentioned to the staff at the same time the garbage behind the sofa was brought up but it seems that whole call somehow was overlooked by whoever was on the other end. Popcorn never arrived to our room. We also did find a long hair (not ours) stuck to the back of the bathroom door. That remained for two days as well.
Enough with the negatives...some things we enjoyed about our stay; the pool was nice for the kids to play around in after days vacationing around. They have a social hour time on Monday and Wednesday (I think) that includes some snacks and FREE BEER from New Belgium. The free breakfast is fantastic for filling the hole and saving a few dollars.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Northsbeer
Scott D, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Collins, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Thank you for writing a review and for staying at the Residence Inn Fort Collins. I apologzie for the housekeeing "misses". Your comments have been reviewed with our housekeeping staff. I am happy that you were able to enjoy the pool, social hour and breakfast. Our social hours is every Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday and include a light diner meal and complimentary beverages (includeing free New Belgium beer). We hope to see you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Linda at the front desk tries to be helpful. She is very nice and good. The advertised HIGH speed internet is a joke. Our connection was intermittent and when it would occasionally connect, it was too slow to actually work. I spent more than 30 minutes on the phone with various levels of their tech support which was wasted time and energy trying to get something to work that should just work when I arrive. Since our stay was 9 days this was extremely frustrating! Beyond this, one day we arrived back to find our room had never been made up. The property seemed full of dog owners, giving it that Super 8 sort of feel. The coffee pot urn was not made for the maker and therefore leaked on the counter. All in all, I would expect a better experience from Marriott and felt disappointed. The cereal on the breakfast bar was all of high sugar content variety...no low sugar offerings like Cheerios or Corn Flakes. No outdoor pool. A very average property in my view.

Room Tip: Make sure and ask for one of the renovated rooms. There are like two mountain view rooms. Don't...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank JRRTolkien
Scott D, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Collins, responded to this review, 27 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of the Residence Inn Fort Collins. You input is extremely vaulable. Our High speed internet service is being update is all new equipment the week of July 29th. Our guest will get to experience a notable increase in speed. I have reviewed the issues with your room with our housekeeping department manger. We are also reviewing our cereal choices to offer a suger free option.

Regarding pets at the hotel, as an extended stay hotel, we are pet friendly and welcome pets and their owners. We are also a partner with the Colorado State University Vet. Hospital and typcially have several pets and there owners staying at the hotel as the receive treatment at the hospital. Thank you again for taking the time to complete a review.
Orange, California
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We stayed here as my husband had work in FC. We felt the hotel was dated. Needs a makeover badly.
The first room they gave us a key to was at the top of the stairs on the second floor, it REEKED of cigarette smoke because the side door to the hotel was at the bottom of the stairs and so many people are out there smoking. We immediately asked for a new room.
Our new room was on the 3rd floor. The cabinets in our kitchenette were all broken. The furniture in the living room was all stained. The bathroom was large and the bed was comfy.
While I do like dogs, I did feel there were way to many dogs in this hotel. All barking. Ugh.
They do not order enough USATODAY's, as each morn I came down (8am) they were all GONE. Ugh.
The breakfast is perfect. My only complaint was the HOT WATER for tea, ugh, it tasted like they had used that same large hot water thermos for coffee, ugh. Awful tasting.
One morning we wanted to eat outside on their lovely patio but absolutely everyone out on the patio was smoking. Ugh.
The internet was awful. My husband had reports to write and the internet was so spotty, working one minute and then kicking out the next minute. Ugh.
The TV service they have is great. Many channels to choose from. I believe it was DIRECTTV.
The staff always had smiles on their faces. All very friendly. Always willing to help you with anything you might need.
My husband will be coming to FC once a month for work but he will look elsewhere to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Scott D, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Collins, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Thank you for staying at the Residence Inn Fort Collins and taking the time to write a review. Feed back from our guest allows us to improve. We have increased our USA Today daily count and correctly the hot water for tea. We are also making our patio smoke free and our high speed internet service is being upgraded at the end of July. We would love to have the opportunity to stay with us again. Please reach out to me directly at scott.douglas@marriott.com if I can assist you with future reservations.
Layton, Utah
Reviewed 17 June 2013

We stayed here for a family event near Fort Collins. The highlight of the stay was the hotel staff members who helped me in various ways. The night clerk was great about checking us in very late at night. She ran into some computer issues, but because she was so patient and cheerful about the whole thing I didn't get stressed out at all. The housekeeper on our floor as well as the clerk who checked us out were friendly and helpful. Our room was a little bit worn in places, but it was just what we needed. The location was great with easy access to regular shopping and places to eat out. It's in between the freeway and the university...maybe not the best location for all purposes, but it worked well for us.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Scott D, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Collins, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Fort Collins. Our staff prides themselves in offering excellant customer service. We hope to see you again soon.
Sheffield
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights. I have stayed in a few of the hotels in the cluster which includes the Residence Inn and this is the nicest so far.

The property has been recently upgraded and my one bed suite was immaculate.

Breakfast was great and the evening snacks are of a better quality than you normally get at a Residence Inn.

The staff were all very helpful. I checked in quite late and they had finished serving the evening snacks when I arrived but they put me a meal together in a takeout box which was very nice of them and it saved me having to go out.

All in all, a good experience.

Room Tip: Get a top floor room away from elevators. I had room 308.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for writing a review of the Residence Inn Fort Collins. We aprreciate your positive comments and hope to see you again soon.
Bigfork, Montana
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Most hotels in Fort Collins are pet friendly, due to the CSU Vet college, but some are better than others. Here they are very pet friendly and they have an awesome area to walk your pets, multiple pets are accepted and there is no pet charge. There is a complimentary hot wonderful breakfast daily, always different with items to go if you are in a hurry. They offer free appetizers and beer for happy hour and a small dinner 5 times a week. The rooms with small kitchen, feature wonderful bedding and large comfortable bath facilities with laundry facilities and the staff will make you feel at home and welcome in the hot tub or pool or work out facility. A great stay

Room Tip: For pet ease of stay, get a room in the building across from the office.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Scott D, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Collins, responded to this review, 15 June 2013
Thank you for your positve review of the Residence Inn Fort Collins. We are not just a "Pet Friendly" hotel, we love to get to know our four-legged guest (and their owners). Our hotel offers a great location for pets and we do work directly with the CSU VET Hospital. We hope to see you again at the Residence Inn Fort Collins.
Hurst, Texas
Reviewed 9 April 2013 via mobile

Stayed for two weeks for business training in area. Upon request, staff made sure I had quiet room with great view of geese pond behind building. Breakfasts were typical RI but was very impressed with the evening "snack" provided weekdays. It was more like light meals. Tacos with salad, wine, several desserts. Other nights huge baked potatoes with fixings, salads, desserts. Dishwasher was broken but maintenance came as soon as reported while I was at training and fixed it. My only complaint is for long term stays there is only a microwave and stovetop, but no regular oven. Maid was great at allowing me privacy and just picked up garbage and supplied paper products. Will stay here again for my next training and request same room.

Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Mary K
Scott D, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Collins, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn during your stay. Your comments are very much appreicated. I am glad to hear you especially liked the social hour meals. We look forward to having you stay with us again.