“Good Hotel”

Ranked #9 of 30 Hotels in Fort Collins
Scotland
“Good Hotel”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Nice sized room, which was spotless, as I’ve always found with Hampton. Room also had a couch – and the TV on a swivel stand so you can watch from the couch. Breakfast was slightly better than the average chain fare. Hotel itself is a bit on the outskirts of Fort Collins, so you need to drive downtown, but it’s easy to find from the interstate, surrounded by restaurants and convenient for getting on the road to Rocky Mountain National park.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Jason M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Collins, responded to this review, 13 September 2014
Thank you for your review and we're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you choose to stay with us again on your future visits to the Fort Collins area. Have a great day!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Leadville, Colorado
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

This is one of the best experiences yet. Friendly staff. The room was clean. The needs were comfy. The don't nickle and dime you. Breakfast was delicious!!! Was a great night after a long day. Look forward to my next stay.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Jason M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Collins, responded to this review, 10 September 2014
Thank you for your response and I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and everything met your needs. We hope you choose to stay with us on your future visits to the Fort Collins area. Thank you again and have a great day!
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I quit staying here 3 years ago because of the same exact issues. I thought I would try it again. Whats the chance that I would get the same room with the same clogged shower!? The same rock hard beds? The floors are so thin it sounds like your neighbor is coming through the ceiling. No thanks.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank 863tinad
Thank you for your feedback and we're sorry that you experienced these issues. Our hotel was completely remodeled in March of 2013 and I'm sorry the beds were uncomfortable for you. I will forward this to the proper people and try to find a resolution. Thank you again!
Redmond, Washington
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We were only staying for one night but I liked this hotel a lot. It appears to be an older Hampton but the surrounding area looks fairly new. The area is a mixture of hotels, restaurants, offices and townhomes.

Checkin was quick and the receptionist joked with me when I asked about the strange smoking sign sitting on the counter. The sign said "$250 dollar fine for smoking in room...this includes marijuana". I guess they have had guests in the past who didn't understand that. After having our laughs we made our way to our room.

Room was spacious with 2 queen beds and a nice, warm brown-red & gold color scheme on the walls, carpet and drapes. I got one of the best night's sleep at this hotel on our month long trip. Very comfortable bed. The bathroom counter is a little small but still useable.

Everything around the hotel is very lush and green. Even the parking lot had large beautiful trees hanging over the parking spaces. My kids also got a kick at seeing all these baby rabbits hoping around the hotel's landscaping.

Overall, I found the hotel to be very inviting and just very 'warm and home-like'. I would easily stay here again if ever in Fort Collins again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review and I'm happy that your stay and visit to Fort Collins was an enjoyable one. To answer your question about the sign at the desk yes we have had people who didn't understand the difference which is quite comical. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
durham, United States
Reviewed 26 July 2014

too expensive. no cookies. Good location but Fort Collins need not be so expensive as compared to other motels in the State. Swimming pool did not have adequate supply of towels. Acoustics at the indoor pool were terrible and the echo off the glass windows was loud enough to hurt a persons ears.

1 Thank Mike D
Jason M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Collins, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you for your feedback regrding your recent stay with us and I'm sorry that it was the greatest. Our hotel does try to stay competative in rates compared to all the hotels in the Fort Collins area which does explain the increase in rate which includes a few more amenities than the other competative hotels in the area. I do apologize for the inadequate supplies in the pool area and acoustics in the pool room. I will definitely share this information with the staff and see if we can all come up with a resolution. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you have awonderful day.
Bath, United States
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Everything worked, and the cleaning staff, maintenence and front desk knew how to do their assignments. Great location, grocery across the street, coffee, liquor, restaurants all very near. Pool hot tub, exercise all in great shape. Ice machine worked, and delivered in mid summer! Room AC worked well, water pressure very good. Parking was more than adequate, and seemed a very low crime area. I do wonder how the "pot vacationers" will affect motel experiences in Colorado however! We are a family with 4 younger children, and do not wish to deal with this usually dirty, undisciplined, disrespectful, and smelly element until perhaps...late college....we shall see....The front desk told me it was guys my age that got high in the 70's which were the usual population nervously asking about the location of the new green commodity stores in CO....we shall see....

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your kind response about you recent stay with us and I'm glad our hotel was accommodatring to your needs. We hope that you choose to stay with us again on your future visits to the Fort Collins area. Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My family stays at a lot of Hampton Inns- we find them to be a good value since you get free breakfast and wifi. This experience was not one of our best. We checked in for an overnight on Sunday and the staff were very less than enthused to be working. The front desk person barely interacted with us while she was checking us in and when we went to go to get our items from the car, the housekeeping staff were sitting on benches outside of the hotel smoking and complaining about work (and a bit loudly!). Our room was very standard- have had much better at other Hampton Inns. We couldn't tell if the pool and hot tub were open for business as there were tarps in various places in the area which was a disappointment to our son. Breakfast was fine- standard fare. Would probably look elsewhere if we were back in the area.

2 Thank nebguest
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us and I apoloogize that it was not a good one. I am sorry that you had to hear the staff talking poorly about the property as I am going to bring this to their attention and make sure this does not continue. Regarding the pool the tarps you mentioned in the pool are the tarp covers for the handicap pool lifts that are for use by any disable guest who wish to use them. I will definitely pass this feedback tot he staff and make sure it does get taken care of. Thank you again for your feedback and have a wonderful day!