“Not recommended”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Loveland, Ohio, United States
“Not recommended”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

We bid for this hotel on Priceline's "name your own price", marking only 3 star hotels and above. If this hotel is a 3 star, I am Princess Diana resurrected. Upon registration, the hotel clerk "in the know" looked frazzled and a new trainee had to wait for him to get off the phone multiple times to get all answers. The area behind the desk was a worn out mess. When we got the keys we weren't even told our hotel room # but were asked to provide our car model and license # and sign a form saying we'd be charged $10 for each key we did not return. Two other customers were asking for room assistance, one with a toilet that was leaking on their hotel room floor and one wanting a "better room", whatever that may have meant.
When we returned to the hotel for the evening, parking was full in front so we drove around back where there is a rear parking lot. Adjoining the parking lot is a trailer park of seemingly permanent residents in mobile homes (I mean the mobile homes that hook up to a truck, not the kind meant to be a permanent home - they seemed permanent because they had porches built on them!). There was NO barrier of any kind between these and the parking lot. You would literally be parking at their front door. Meanwhile, there was a small mobile home on the side of the parking lot with lights on and door open and people outside who sounded drunk and about to get into a fist fight, dropping the "F-bomb" every other word at the top of their voices.
I was happy to see that the rear door to the hotel required a key to access the hotel. I do not feel especially excited leaving my car parked there for the night.
Our room is adequate. We received an accessible room which often means more space and a walk in shower but this one means enough bars on the shower to lock someone away for life.
The bed seems nice. There is a microwave and small frig - not items we needed but some might like- and the furniture was basic two star hotel stuff. Not offensive.
We paid more for this room than we did for the lovely and nearly perfect Marriott in Fort Collins and it is definitely only because demand superseded supply.
Try the Courtyard by Marriott if you don't want full Marriott prices. We stayed there as well and it was cleaners with better service and in a much, much nicer location.
While the room in this hotel was basically clean and adequate overall, the hotel staff and environment left a great deal to be desired. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a front room and be sure to get in early to park out front, if you have to stay here.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Molly K
kivainn, Manager at BEST WESTERN Kiva Inn, responded to this review, 27 September 2014
Thank you for taking the survey, by telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a great experience for guests in the future. We will be working on getting our staff trained before the summer season hits next year. We have been working on a facelift for the inside of the Best Western Kiva Inn. I am sorry that you weren't happy with your visit. It is a security issue to not announce to all in the lobby your particular room. You should have been given a small card with you room number on it and other details about your visit with us.

If you should make reservations ahead to time, with we will do all we can to attend to your requests, please keep in mind for the future, anywhere you should stay.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 970-484-2444.

BEST WESTERN Kiva Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Laramie, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Since this motel was not in the location I normally expect to find quality accommodations in Fort Collins, we were pleasantly surprised to find it quiet and comfortable. The pool was nice. The indoor and outdoor hot tubs were great. We would definitely come back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

kivainn, Manager at BEST WESTERN Kiva Inn, responded to this review, 21 September 2014
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.
It is nice to read that you enjoyed our facilities.
We look forward to your return and we appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

Fort Collins, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Beds are comfortable,the breakfast was good and the rooms were clean. But the bathroom needed updating...squeaky, scary tub and leaning vanity countertop. The hot tub has room for two.. The outside pool is okay. It was close to our relatives and to Interstate 25.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey.

We are pleased that you enjoyed the cleanliness, beds and breakfast. We are looking into the problem with the bathroom (thank you for letting us know of your concern) and have been doing some internal up-dating of our facility.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at
970-484-2444.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

In the past we've tried more economical motels but recently have look for something better on our road trips, Best Western seem to be the often choice. After one stop at a BW then a stop at a lesser place, the Kiva Inn was a good choice, clean room with nice bed, slept well and was nice and rested in the morning.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank RonInAtlanta
Thank you for taking time to fill out our survey. We are excited to hear that you were happy with your choice to stay at our facility and enjoyed your stay. We hope you will return to the Best Western Kiva Inn in the future.

Joliet
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

The beginning of my stay was a little rocky because when we checked in they had us swipe my debit card for a $50 even though we already paid online beforehand. I would be fine with that because they said it would go back on my account at the end of the stay, except when I checked my account I found that $160 had come out. I had to call my bank and then the hotel had to fax them my information to get it off my account. It ended up taking a few days until the day before I left for the money to go back onto my card. The receptonist was apologetic about it and I do not think it was her fault. Other than that, the stay was great. The room had a minifridge and microwave and the hotel offered complimentary breakfast. There's an outdoor pool, hot tub and exercise room. Also it's a couple of miles from Old Town which was nice, but I needed to take a taxi. There's Fort Fun across the street which offers mini golf, lazer tag, arcade games and more which is great for everyone. The price is great also compared to the hotels around. It's about $100 a night. I would come back here but I wod be careful about giving them my debit card again.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Akralie

I am sorry about our error with the debit card. We always striving to train our personnel before the summer season hits, but unfortunately, we aren't always able to accomplish it. We do hope you will come back and try our Inn again and accept our apologies.

Seattle
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed one night. The reception area is very attractive and spacious, and the receptionist was friendly. The rooms were spacious and clean. The bathroom door stuck. There were dogs next door that you could hear through the walls. Because the bathroom door stuck, it made a bang when it closed. Triggered the dogs. We were already up, as it was early and we were headed out. Probably bothered others. The eating area is small and people were standing while waiting for a table to open up. It's cramped because the tables and the food area were filled with people.

There is a stake place next door that was good for dinner.

Room Tip: Make a reservation. It books up.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. We are currently in the process of remodeling our rooms.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 970-484-2444.

Bethel Park, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

I've been vacating out in FoCo since my oldest son located there in May, 2011. I've stayed at BW Kiva 3 times now, and, I've never been disappointed. Kiva's a great place to stay. I love the jacuzzi / sauna amenities. I'll be back!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

We are always delighted to hear when your stay was enjoyable and you will be returning.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey.