We bid for this hotel on Priceline's "name your own price", marking only 3 star hotels and above. If this hotel is a 3 star, I am Princess Diana resurrected. Upon registration, the hotel clerk "in the know" looked frazzled and a new trainee had to wait for him to get off the phone multiple times to get all answers. The area behind the desk was a worn out mess. When we got the keys we weren't even told our hotel room # but were asked to provide our car model and license # and sign a form saying we'd be charged $10 for each key we did not return. Two other customers were asking for room assistance, one with a toilet that was leaking on their hotel room floor and one wanting a "better room", whatever that may have meant.
When we returned to the hotel for the evening, parking was full in front so we drove around back where there is a rear parking lot. Adjoining the parking lot is a trailer park of seemingly permanent residents in mobile homes (I mean the mobile homes that hook up to a truck, not the kind meant to be a permanent home - they seemed permanent because they had porches built on them!). There was NO barrier of any kind between these and the parking lot. You would literally be parking at their front door. Meanwhile, there was a small mobile home on the side of the parking lot with lights on and door open and people outside who sounded drunk and about to get into a fist fight, dropping the "F-bomb" every other word at the top of their voices.
I was happy to see that the rear door to the hotel required a key to access the hotel. I do not feel especially excited leaving my car parked there for the night.
Our room is adequate. We received an accessible room which often means more space and a walk in shower but this one means enough bars on the shower to lock someone away for life.
The bed seems nice. There is a microwave and small frig - not items we needed but some might like- and the furniture was basic two star hotel stuff. Not offensive.
We paid more for this room than we did for the lovely and nearly perfect Marriott in Fort Collins and it is definitely only because demand superseded supply.
Try the Courtyard by Marriott if you don't want full Marriott prices. We stayed there as well and it was cleaners with better service and in a much, much nicer location.
While the room in this hotel was basically clean and adequate overall, the hotel staff and environment left a great deal to be desired. I would not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at this Fort Collins, Colorado hotel offering comfortable accommodations convenient to Colorado State University and Poudre Valley Hospital. Whether traveling for business or for pleasure, the BEST WESTERN Kiva Inn has it all! Nestled into the beautiful Rocky Mountains in the heart of Fort Collins, Colorado, this hotel offers guests incredible value, unbeatable amenities and a convenient location to businesses, area attractions and points of interest. The southwestern style BEST WESTERN Kiva Inn offers beautifully appointed guest rooms fully equipped with a refrigerator, microwave, LCD televisions with cable satellite television and high-speed Internet access. Junior suites and rooms with spas and mountain views are also available. Every morning guests are greeted with a complimentary deluxe continental breakfast served in the beautiful glass atrium room providing beautiful views of the sunrise. Guests will also enjoy the convenience of a steakhouse and lounge located adjacent to the hotel. Located at the gateway of the Rocky Mountains, guests staying at the BEST WESTERN Kiva Inn will enjoy spending the day exploring all that Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park have to offer. Nearby is the unspoiled Poudre Canyon with its renowned "Trout Route" USA. Shopping enthusiasts will enjoy this hotel's proximity to the old town shopping district. Colorado State University and Poudre Valley hospital are only five minutes from the hotel making the BEST WESTERN Kiva Inn ideal lodging for visiting family and friends. This Fort Collins hotel frequently hosts guests in town attending the Cheyenne Frontier Days and Greeley Stampede. Traveling for business? There are also several corporate locations and medical offices nearby in the corporate business corridor and industrial airpark area. The friendly, helpful staff at the BEST WESTERN Kiva Inn is ready to ensure a comfortable and memorable stay in Fort Collins, Colorado. Make a reservation today and save! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your BEST WESTERN Kiva Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Kiva Hotel Fort Collins
- Best Western Fort Collins
- Fort Collins Best Western