“Driving through” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 30 Hotels in Fort Collins
Atlanta, Georgia
“Driving through”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

After another long day on the road, we were looking for a good bed and shower. We got that but this Sleep Inn wasn't as nice as others we've stayed at. Staff was fine, room was OK, but nothing special and for that price, I was expecting more. With the many hotels in the immediate area, I'd try the Cambria next - it's ratings were good.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank SilverbackMunkie
Abby S, Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Fort Collins, responded to this review, 7 February 2015
Dear Valued Guest,

We are pleased that you took the time to provide valuable feedback regarding your stay, and I am sorry that you were not satisfied with the features of our establishment. While our prices are considered to be competitive for the area, we will keep your comments in mind, and I thank you for responding.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

They gave us the wrong room and when we brought it up to the front desk clerk she told us there's nothing she can do about it. We were given a room with one bed for 2 adults and 2 children. The room was very small, the complimentary breakfast was terrible, and the walls are so thin you can hear every thing from the other rooms. I'd never go back or refer to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ashley R
Dear Ashley R,

Thank you for taking the time to complete this survey, and it is my regret that you were not satisfied with the quality of service. When you reserve a room through an online merchant, it is helpful to contact the hotel in advance to be sure that your room is the proper type. However, our staff should have upgraded you to the desired room, and I apologize that this action was not taken.

Travellers are raving about these Fort Collins hotels

Sugar Land, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

The staff was very friendly, and the room was very clean and cute. The room was quite small, however, which made finding a place for all of our bags while keeping the room wheelchair accessible a bit difficult. I'd definitely stay here again, though.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ParaLaLove
Dear ParaLaLove,

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay. We am pleased that you were satisfied with the quality of our establishment, and we hope to see you again in the future.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

The rooms are clean and freshly painted. The room has modern furniture and there are new carpets. The bed was a bit hard, but not terrible. The hotel's interior was a pleasant surprise. The surrounding area is typical for a highway hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank honestrealreviews
Dear Honestrealreviews,

Thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback regarding your stay, and we hope to see you again in the future.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

I stayed here way back on May 3rd, 4th, or 5th of 2013...can't remember. I was moving to Denver for a hotel/reception job and drove overnight across 3 states. When I arrived in Fort Collins I needed sleep before I jumped into work. I have a lot of hotel reception experience and found the receptionist here very kind, responsive, respectful, and prompt as she should. She asked housekeeping to notify her of when there was a clean room. I know how much housekeeping dreads early check-ins during their cleaning hours, but this housekeeping staff didn't even make one glare, whisper, or comment...they were very kind and cleaned a room super fast.

The room was very cute with the decor. Great view of the mountains, and very quiet. I was so grateful!!! If I am ever passing through again and need to stay, I'll come to the sleep inn! I still remember my stay a year later now that i had to come back and comment/rate the hotel. Thank you!

Room Tip: Top floor quietest, and away from elevator. Don't forget to remember the breakfast hours...some...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank HeldenCor
Dear HeldenCor,

Thank you for taking the time to complete this survey. Your comments are appreciated, and we hope to see you again in the future.
Bozeman, Montana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

We had reserved a single room but ran into bad weather across Wyoming. When I called to cancel the room I was told I was ten minutes too late. When I explained the road conditions for the next 3 hours it would take to get there were unsafe, she insisted that it was too late to cancel. We wound up driving on black ice slowly and finally arriving at 1030pm exhausted. When my husband told the desk clerk that we didn't appreciate her putting a ten minute time limit before the safety of the customers , she informed us that we could complain to the manager in the morning for a possible discount. The room was clean, the bed was very hard, but the heater was so noisy we kept waking up every time it turned on. The desk clerk did call the room to apologize for her behaviour, but since we couldn't sleep anyway we left before the manager came in at 5am. Just before we left the room at 4am, the bill was shoved under the door. For the price it's a good stop along the route, but we won't stay thee again.

• Stayed January 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tailssouth
Abby S, Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Fort Collins, responded to this review, 8 February 2015
Dear Tailssouth,

Thank you for taking the time to provide these comments regarding your stay. I cannot tell you how regretful I am that you had the experience you have described, and while we do have company policies, they should not have been applied in this situation. You are a valued customer, and your safety is most certainly the priority. Please consider giving us another chance should you ever be in the area again.
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

What a pleasant surprise this hotel was! Compared with other Sleep Inn properties I've stayed at, this one is a jewel! Both the room and the public areas were spotlessly clean, and the staff was cordial, helpful, and professional. The location is convenient, and these folks pay great attention to the details, which sad to say is rare these days. My family and I will definitely return when we visit family at CSU.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Brittany C
Dear Brittany C,

Thank you so much for your choosing us, and for your positive feedback. We take pride in providing excellent customer service, and it would be a pleasure to have you visit us again.