“You'll Be SORRY!!!!!”
Review of Clarion Inn

Clarion Inn
Ranked #28 of 31 Hotels in Fort Collins
Reviewed 19 February 2013

College visit with son. Worst place I ever stayed. 1st room they gave me hadn't been made up. 2nd room reaked of what smelled like cat urine, plllows missing, drawer face torn from bath vanity and someone's swimming suit hanging on bath door, not to mention boiler broke and pool/spa unavailable. Lighting around pool not on. Dark walking from room to lobby. Pool area freezing cold-ceiling panel broken and covered with plastic, blowing in the wind! Then to top off, SHOWER DID NOT WORK IN THE MORNING!!! No plug in tub. Room not very clean. Was supposed to be 2 nite stay, checked out complaining in the morning. BAD, BAD, BAD!

Room Tip: I saw 3 rooms within 1/2 hour. Don't have one good thing to say other than it's right off t...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Marla P

Reviewed 6 January 2013

The place was creepy. We should have left after we walked in the lobby. It was cold and poorly lit in there. The place loojed abandoned! The bar and restaurant were closed. It looked like the place was ransacked. Missing phones, light fixtures, etc. The pool and hot tub were clean but no towels to use. Our room looked like it was robbed! No phone, hairdryer, iron, etc. The pictures on the walls were gone! There was one left but it was broken. The bed and bath were clean. The bathroom was missing a drawer. We were surprised to have cable!!! We remarkably stayed because we were not going to be in the room very long. Did not sleep very well!! They totally misrepresented the room online!!! When I told the desk clerk about not having a hair dryer, she did nothing!!!!!!!!! Lesson learned!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kerrrrrrrrry
Reviewed 4 November 2012

This was the scariest place that I've ever stayed at. You'll notice all kinds of people just hanging around. They look dirty and scary and I was followed around by one of them. As a single woman I was concerned and raised my concerns to the front desk. At the same time, I noticed cops in the lobby and asked what was going on. The front desk said oh this is routine safety rounds. I asked for an escort back to my room and the cops took me. They spoke with me about the guy following me around and it seems they may have been looking for him. They also said that the police were there almost every night and it was dangerous. They told me not to come back out of my room that night. Needless to say I was afraid all night and as soon as the sun was up, I ran to my car and got out of there. I've never felt unsafe like that. DO NOT stay here.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Eastonrocks
Reviewed 20 October 2012 via mobile

I really don't know why this place is still letting rooms to the public. We checked in at checked out 20 mins later. The whole place smelled of danger. Run down, dirty and lots of seedie people around the place. DO NOT STAY HERE PLEASE!!!
Read the article that earlier reviewer posted before even thinking of staying here

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Discsaber
Reviewed 25 August 2012

We booked into this, I can only describe it as a dirty, disgusting, prison lookalike building on Saturday 21st July 2012. Upon arrival we walked into the 'lobby' where we were met by 2 not very savoury characters sitting in the sun by the door. I hate lifts so my son and I took the disgusting concrete filthy stairs while the other member of our party took the lift with the luggage but only just made it without it breaking down halfway, lots of weird noises!! Upon entering our stinking room the first thing I saw out of the filthy French windows was a pile of dog mess and dried up dog wee on the balcony. The air conditioning was just blowing out outside temperature air, not chilled at all. The pillows were lumpy and the whole place was just filthy all for $125 a night!!! We rang reception to ask them to come and remove the dog poo which they did in a piece of toilet paper and walked back with it through our room. There was chewing gum on the carpet,light fittings with wires hanging out of them, all in all it was just worse than disgusting. I refused to stay so we asked for a refund, which we got, and moved on to somewhere half the price and clean. In my opinion the place should be shut down!!

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank AJW62
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Please read the Fort Collins Coloradoan feature on this hotel. Apparently, homeless people are living there for $900 a month. A sex offender is housed here and on the sex offeder registry. It is a regular visit for teenage prostitutes and a meth and heroin hangout. Three people have died of drug overdoses in the rooms in the last two years. The owner is doing nothing to clean the place up, but the dedicated staff who need the minimum wage job continue to fight a losing battle here. The police have it on their daily radar and are doing three times a day patrols and trying to get the seedy characters cleaned up, but are also fighting a losing battle. Amidst all this, they are still renting rooms to unsuspecting families that stumble upon this hotel late at night as they travel up and down the I-25 corridor. If you value your safety and health, DO NOT stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Do not choose a room at this hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
16  Thank ProMommie
Reviewed 30 July 2012

The most UNSANITARY, UNSAFE hotel I have ever visited. It looked like a crack den covered in vomit and bugs. For $90/night we could have easily found a much nicer place. It was surrounded by homeless people. The room numbers were missing and written in marker. Upon first opening the door we found several pink stains on the wall and other markings. The sheets had not been replaced and were covered in stains and hair. The carpet was torn up, not vacuumed, stained, and pasty feeling (DON'T TAKE OFF YOUR SHOES). There were bugs on the beds, plus some dried up substances (bodily, I'm sure). It smelled of cigarettes even though it was non-smoking. The pool was milky and the entire building was caked in dust and feathers. This place is particularly unsafe because at about 4am there was violent banging on our door. We had closed it properly and locked the top lock. But other customers somehow had a key to our room and they opened it (THE TOP LOCK DOESN'T WORK). Although they left immediately, a break-in like this could have resulted in much worse consequences like robbery or injury. Plaza Hotel Fort Collins should not be in business and must be violating some kind of safety/sanitary laws. SLEEP IN YOUR CAR or ON THE STREET BEFORE COMING HERE, it'll be much more comfortable. You could get an STD from this kind of filth and I wouldn't be surprised to find a syringe under the mattress.

Room Tip: You'll get robbed staying in this unsafe, unsanitary vomit caked crack den.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple