“Worst Hotel and even worse Manager named Sandra” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rodeway Inn

and 1 more site!
Rodeway Inn
Ranked #27 of 30 Hotels in Fort Collins
“Worst Hotel and even worse Manager named Sandra”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

I stayed here only because it was the only hotel with any vacancies. the room had holes in the walls, the toilet was leaking, wallpaper was peeling, holes in the carpet and it smelled terrible! A dog defecated in the corridor and nobody cleaned up. Maintenance saw it and kept walking.
I am a single mother with 2 kids and I was given a room surrounded by drunk men everywhere! I went to the desk and spoke to the manager to see if I could be given a different room being the hotel was less than half full and the manager told me that my children's and my own safety is not a valid reason to move my room. And when asked if she was serious she rolled her eyes at me. Then I asked for the corporate or manager's number who is above her and she refused to give it to me. So when I asked her one time if she could change my room she told me in front of another client who was nodding her head in agreement with my reasoning for the need to move my room, manager Sandra said "you don't have to stay here." Lowest quality manager I have ever encountered but then again she fits right in that hotel. stay away from here. Not safe.
Also be aware that there is no arcade, ice machines don't work, game equipment is all broken. The only thing running is the pool and my children ended up with swollen red eyes from their pool water.
Security wise anyone can walk in because the glass door leading to the patio doesn't lock and the side doors to enter state that you need your room key to reenter between 8pm-5 am but pull on the door and what do you know it opens.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank janda84

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

Dirty place, dregs of the earth stay here, managers were very unkept and looked like they were drunk. The 1st room had someone in it, so they took 15 mins to find me another room and it was dirty. Then after waiting another 10 mins, they finally showed me to a room that reeked of urine. I would have left but i was too tired to drive in. Went and bought Lysol and used 2 cans in that room. Slept with all my clothes on because the sheets were dingy and stained. Seedy characters hanging out everywhere. Pass this motel don't stop

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Mechellefoster

Travellers are raving about these Fort Collins hotels

Casper, Wyoming
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

Beds seem nice. But looks like no one has vaccumed in weeks. I don't think the bathroom has been mopped recently. Trash all over in the general areas. No lighting in the hallways or around the pool. No real gift shop. It is a couple shelves set up in the lobby. No breakfast even though it looks like there was once a cafe. My BIL and neice saw a hooker walking out of a room. Only here because there are no rooms available any where near Denver. You can tell this USED to be a nice place.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Justmy2pennies
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

Don't stay here! I don't think anyone has cleaned since the 80's. Had to go through four rooms to get one where the air worked and didn't smell of dog rectum and smoke. If the other hotels weren't full, we would have left. Paint spilt on the floor...the whole can still lying there in the pool area like no one cared. Pool and sauna closed. Worse was the fact that it felt like I was staying in some drug infested dangerous hell hole...with my family. Forget the pictures. Believe the reviews. Would have felt safer and more comfortable tossing a sleeping bag on a park bench in Tijuana.

• Stayed June 2013
Centennial, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

This is a horrible hotel. They had the only two rooms left in Ft. Collins for graduation and it was awful. It smelled bad, the staff behind the counter seemed completely confused, the rooms were rank! Ours had a drape that was two fee shorter than the sheer behind it and it was a wrinkled mess! The only good thing was the bathroom was clean. I will never stay here again. I would advise you the same.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2013

Hotel is in disrepair. Very dated. Holes in walls, mold in bathrooms and ceiling has patches from water damage. The smoke free rooms smell of smoke. The hotel Plaza needs alot of help....My advice, do NOT stay there, it is way over priced.

Room Tip: They have NO good rooms.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
ft collins
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2013

I survived this place for 6 months and finally moved in an apt.Yes they're is A few seedie people who stay their.I was never bothered by any of these so called "seedie" people.the only people who I ever talked to were the staff. They got know me very well just as I got to know them.Honestly the room I was in did have smell to it,however,i have smelt worse things in my life that made me puke.I wouldn't recommend staying at this place.I survived this place because.

1) I minded my own business. 2) I kept A low profile. 3) I was too myself. 4) I engaged in only speaking to staff.And to really ensure for my own safety I carried A glock 9.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo