“exellence”
Review of Clarion Inn

Clarion Inn
Ranked #28 of 31 Hotels in Fort Collins
Reviewed 30 January 2014

My family was extremely pleased with the hotel. Very clean and well kept, staff were polite and helpful to all our needs. Special thanks to Angie the manager for her continuous help and kindness after our stay. This will be our #1 choice to stay when we pass thru Ft. Collins!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I have stayed here in the past over the last 10 years and it reached a point where I wouldn't stay anymore. I decided to give the Plaza another chance as I heard they were making many positive changes and the PLAZA HOTEL is a long standing part of our community. In addition to it being directly off I-25 for people staying in our community. With this said - I was impressed to see the that the customers which once were an eyesore an scary were gone. It was quiet and I felt at ease. The room I had was cleaner than I had experienced in years and the PLAZA HOTEL staff were present and in site and very helpful. There are many things that I can see that have been done and in the Hotel. It will take awhile to accomplish all this and I want the community to know that the PLAZA deserves Kudos in it's efforts to become the HOTEL it was and better. You have my support in sharing this with people I know and speak with and my family and I will be in again to show our support and aid in your business achieving the standing it use to have in our community. Forge Ahead - Joseph

Room Tip: The rooms on the inside surrounding the pool are my wife's favorite.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I've stayed here a few times in the past, and each time was worse than before, so I wasn't planning to stay this time. I noticed that the parking lot was clean, the grass was cut and there were lights everywhere. Last 4 stays there was very dim light in front only. The lobby was well lit and everything was clean. I asked if it had been sold and was told that its the new managers work day and night. They even walk around the property at night and chase sketchy people away. I met Carrie when checking out and she said they are going to turn it around by getting the bad people out, and they are on their way.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I booked my room and prepaid for 4 nights. #1 the reviews on other sights made my daughter feel comfortable with me staying there. I asked if she checked tripadvisor she said no that she went on something else. But the pics they show are very nice and inviting. The price was somewhat higher then at the moment. I immediately checked tripadvisor and the reviews scared me! But we were a block away so we cruised by and It is a dump! Dirty nasty addicts sitting outside! The Super 8 I think is next door with its own dirty men sitting outside. There is a filthy really filthy looking Wafflehouse with transients sitting out side! NONONONONO. Do not stay do not book. I looked up this hotel later and the police yup the city police walk the halls this is not a safe place. I am so glad I didn't set foot on this property or I would have had to burn my shoes and clothing. No lie! If you need shelter badly go to the city shelter or camp out,sleep in your car .Horror movie in the making! I need to take a shower just talking about it , just got the shivers!

Room Tip: Just turn around, leave! Don't think twice! Stay far away from this neighborhood.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank Tena O
Reviewed 28 August 2013

This had to be the worst place I have ever stayed at. We had to switch rooms 3 times to even get one that was half way acceptable. The whole place was dirty, the rooms, the pool, half the place looked closed, most of the lights didn't work. Some of the doors to the room were off there hinges. I watched one cleaning lady vacuum around with the vacuum unplugged, and I don't mean just a little, I think for like a 1/2 hour.
Don't stay here, it felt unsafe, lots of wierdos around, I checked my truck hourly I was so worried.

Room Tip: Don't ever stay here......
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Todd G
Reviewed 20 August 2013

What CRAP HOLE MOLD in bathroom Rundown place to stay Can find any drug your wanting. NEW MGMT don't know anything about CUSTOMER SERVICE or how a hotel should be managed and cleaness of the living quarters! Guess a person doesn't need a high school education to manage a scum hotel. Or have common sense!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 17 August 2013

First off there are some of the trashiest people living in this hotel. The hotel is infested with crack heads and drunks. The room I'm staying in smells like straight cig smoke and I was told this was a non smoking room even though all the no smoking signs in my hall have been ripped off. The entrance door in the back says that you can only access the hotel via card key, yet when i came in at 10 pm the doors were wide open and there were a bunch of drugged out looking folk coming in and out. There are countless burn holes in all the upholstery, and all hours of the night i hear people running around the halls, and a lot of loud banging noises. Was it worth the 69 dollars i paid to stay here on a friday night? I guess so but you get what you pay for. To recap this place smells like americas armpit and is flocking with drug addicts doing god knows what making all sorts of racket. I do not feel safe here.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo