“Average for a Super 8 Motel”

Super 8 Fort Collins
Ranked #17 of 30 Hotels in Fort Collins
Colorado Springs
“Average for a Super 8 Motel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Check-in was efficient with friendly clerk. Checkout was okay, but that desk clerk paid more attention to the manager than to guests.
There is a strong, stale smoke odor in the lobby and the hallways; which didn't appear to permeate into my room (thank goodness!).
Faint Interstate noise, but it wasn't bad enough to keep me awake. The loudest traffic noise occurred early in the morning from trucks passing on the street.
Room was clean enough for the most part. However, one would think that after such common complaints about television remotes and phones being filthy, that housekeeping staff would make a concerted effort to clean these items. Not at this hotel.
Lamps were unplugged, so obviously the housekeeping staff don't regularly check to ensure lamps are working and that bulbs don't need replacing.
Quickstart breakfast is VERY basic -- fresh bananas, oatmeal, yogurt, waffles, toast, etc. -- all placed on a single short counter in the lobby; the breakfast seating area is in the lobby with about four tables, so very crowded. Recommend getting your food and taking it to your room.
There is a Mexican restaurant next door and a Denny's across the street.

Overall, this is just a place to rest your head. It is pretty typical of other Super 8's at which I've stayed (except for the stale smoke smell).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TravelerCS

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Kentwood, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stopped here on my way thru on vacation. Front desk staff was pleasant and efficient. Plenty of parking for about any size of vehicle. Room was clean. AC worked fine. No fridge in my room. Exercise room was very basic. There is a hot tub in the exercise room but I passed. Breakfast area is small and was packed when I was there. Lots of workers staying there and they cleaned out the ice machine filling coolers in the morning. You'll get hit for a $1.56 safe fee w/ warranty. I forgot to ask exactly what the "warranty" was. There is a safe in the room but I didn't need to use it. My only complaint is that the pillows were too small and too soft.

Overall a decent basic place to stay. Good Mexican restaurant in front of the place if you are looking for that type of fare for food.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gluehuffer
Mansfield, TX
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

The motel is nice but the management policies make this place unacceptable in my opinion. To make matters worse, the staff lies about the policies when you check in.
The front desk was not manned when I checked in or when I checked out. You have to call someone using a phone on the desk. The motel was full or nearly full so there was no reason for the desk not to be staffed.
I had booked the room using my Wyndahm Rewards. Upon check-in they insisted on running my credit card for $100 to cover "incidentals". Remeber the room is supposed to be free! She expalined that it was her managements policy to collect that in case we brought in an undeclared pet, smoked in a non-smoking room, or stole items. The night clerk told me that they would tear it up in the morning so I agreed to run the card. When I checked out, the girl at the desk said that she could not give me back the charge. When I asked to speak to the manager, she told me that it was his day off and she could not reach him. She said it was their policy to hold those charges. The poor girl was clearly afraid of her manager and unable to help me.
That is very unfortunate because the room was nice and the wifi was reasonably good. With a new manager this place would get high marks.

Room Tip: Go to another motel where the management policies are more reasonable.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David S

Travellers are raving about these Fort Collins hotels

Palisade, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

We booked this room last minute. The room and bath were both clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We requested a ground floor and the staff did accommodate us with our choice. My step-son and his wife live in Ft. Collins and we will stay here in the future when we visit them.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Housatonic, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Aside from the erratic wi-fi the first time I stayed here, I really have no complaints. Well, the breakfast isn't anything to write home about, but that's going to be the case at any budget motel. I found the staff to be friendly and helpful. They gladly gave me a ground floor room since there's no elevator and lugging my suitcase up the stairs with a bad back isn't my idea of a vacation. Given the prices for most motels in Ft. Collins, this seems like the place to stay if you're trying to save a bit of money.

Room Tip: There's no elevator, so choose your floor accordingly. I think the west side rooms are probably...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo