“Not worth the low price”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Collins
Ranked #9 of 30 Hotels in Fort Collins
A TripAdvisor Member
“Not worth the low price”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

This was our worst experience with LaQuinta. Given the rate was $20-$25 lower than what we are used to paying for LaQuinta, we expected the rooms to have exterior entrances. We were pleased on arrival to find that was not the case; however, our pleasure was short-lived. First, after dragging in all of our luggage (we were staying three nights) we discovered the hotel had no elevator. Not that we can't climb stairs -- we just can't carry three pieces of luggage up stairs at the same time. It would have been nice to have been told upon checkin that using the hotel's luggage cart was pointless. Our room was extremely small -- I couldn't have imagined two double beds fitting in the room since our one king bed definitely did not. Smallness aside, neither the shower or the sink drained properly--both filled with water when used and took a long time to drain. When we returned from breakfast the first morning, the sink, which had been full with water when we left, was still over 2/3 full with water, and by the end of a shower, we were standing in 3-4 inches of water. I presume it was a hotel wide issue becuase the water seemed to drain faster in the evenings. On arrival, we found a used washcloth that had dried stiff on shower curtain rod from a previous guest -- I left it there and the room attendant missed it again so I dropped it into the tub the second day. As for the facilities, they were generally clean, though the furniture in an oddly placed common sitting area was dirty, sagging and looked as if it had been moved in from someone's family room. We have family in Fort Collins and will definitely stay elesewhere on our next visit!

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Colorado
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Our room was very clean (which is the most important aspect for me) and relatively quiet, although there weren't very many people there on a Thursday night. The room was quite small, so that the two of us had a little trouble moving around our luggage. Also, our room was a bit rundown (for example, the enamel on the tub was worn through so that there was some rust around the drain). Still, though, it was clean (including the hot tub and pool).

They accept pets, and everyone was very nice.

The hotel is also very convenient to I-25.

Also - although I say that this is a "couples" trip, we were actually staying there because they accept pets and we were evacuated from our house because of a wildfire. It was a pretty stressful time and not exactly romantic!

1 Thank ColoradoHappyhiker
Hollidaysburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 May 2012

This was my first experience staying at a La Quinta Inn. The hotel clerk (didn't catch his name this time) was very friendly and helpful. I found our room to be quite small, but it did boast a nice leather recliner. The bed was comfortable enough, however...the pillows (not the pillow cases, but rather the pillows themselves) smelled like greasy sweat. This was a real downfall in my book. I didn't feel it was clean enough to rest my head on, based on the smell. Also, upon entering the hotel room, the bathroom door was closed. When I opened it, it had a horrible odor - smelled like sour milk. It seemed to dissipate after the door remained open (or perhaps I got used to it), but I noticed a strong odor (the same sour milk smell) when the shower water was turned on the following morning. Perhaps it is in the water as the bathroom appeared clean. The breakfast was good - especially the strawberries for on the belgian waffles. All in all...just average. I would probably not stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Casper, Wyoming, Usa
Reviewed 7 May 2012

The hotel has an excellent location off I-25. Easy on and off. Close to good restuarants. The room was clean, the staff was friendly, and the king- sized bed was comfortable. I would recommend it for someone who needs a good nights sleep. I thought it would be noisy, but it was dead quiet at night.

1 Thank 102abcd
Northfield, MN
Reviewed 27 April 2012

For the cost of this hotel it was nice.

The bed was clean and comfortable. I stayed there for five days during the week while I was there for a conference. The front desk staff was nice and they had my reservation and charges figured out appropriately.

The walls were thin and I could hear someone snoring right next door, but other than that, very quiet, peaceful place.

There is NOTHING nearby as far as being able to walk to stores or restaurants but the fridge and microwave in the room was really nice. If you don't have a car or you don't wish to drive at least a few miles to shop or eat, I would suggest staying farther south in Fort Collins.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Abby A
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I traveled with my husband, inlaws and 5 children ranging in ages from 5-13. The hotell was extremely clean and well kept. the pool was fabulous and crystal clear! Each room had a fridge and a microwave- these are important to us because we travel with 3 celiacs(wheat and gluten allergy) as well as a dairy allergy. We bring all of our food with us because eating out is an impossibility for us. The service was outstading.
Also, we dont use credit cards and this hotel took cash and did not put a hold on our debit card as long as we gave them a $50deposit. I cant say enough good things about our stay!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Nice....Quiet.... courteous staff...good breakfast.....not the Ritz....but very nice....would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms upstairs and in the back are quietest.