“Huge room!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Lodge Motel

Lodge Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fort Garland
Lodge Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Fort Garland
Chehalis, WA
“Huge room!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

Wish I could give this place 5 stars. We really enjoyed this place outside the Great Sand Dunes National Park. Richard was very friendly, telling us about his hunting lodgers that visit every year. Our room - about 15' x 20' - had two queen beds with room to dance around them - and very high ceilings. We both loved the 5' long shelf above the sink - lots of room for our "stuff." BUT - there was a dog at the home across the east parking area that barked all night!! I finally turned on the air conditioning to cover the sound so I could sleep. Hence the 4-, rather than 5-, star rating.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jwkChehalis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012 via mobile

We stayed here in Sept. (just 1 night because I wanted to be closer to Sand Dunes Natl Park). This place is inexpensive basic lodging but had all the essentials-refrigerator, microwave, tv and ac. And it was spotlessly clean. Manager was very friendly to boot. That's why I gave this place high marks.

• Stayed September 2012
5 Thank Fornelli
Saluda, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

I came to Ft. Garland in 2009 and stayed for three nights at the lodge.
it was very comfortable and clean.
Everyone was friendly .
This year I decided to tour Colorado from corner to corner.
I wanted to come back to Ft Garland and stay here at the lodge.
I told Richard that I was only going to stay two nights, on our second night we decided to stay for a concert train in Alamosa for the following day.
I asked Richard if we could stay another night.He said I'm sorry all the rooms were booked for Friday including the one I had..
He later called me and said there was a cancelation and if I wanted it I could have it..
Now thats what I call super service......
If you want a comfortable, clean place that is a great value at 55 a night and super people , Richard and Linda Gabe....look no further, I found it for you...

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Jeff G
Jay, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

we were out in the fort garland area in july spent three nights at the lodge motel the price is great the rooms very clean and if you smoke there is a bench and ash tray on the porch we were back out there in august was only able to stay one night the following nights were booked up like the canyon m review we were interrogated also at the motor inn,went back to walsenburg,next time i will call the lodge motel ahead of time seeing they filled the rooms up each timed we stayed there

Room Tip: any room just call ahead
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Jerry T
frederick,md
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

Decided to stay at The Lodge Motel, after being interrogated at the Motor Inn. The Lodge Motel offers friendly, hospitable service provided by Richard and Linda Gabe. The price is a great value for the accomodations, around fifty dollars a night. Our room was clean, had a coffee pot, microwave, mini-fridge. We greatly appreciated having a microwave to heat up our leftovers from the Silver Sage Restaurant...the mini-fridge a wonderful bonus for our hot beer. Linens in the bathroom were fresh, and fancifully folded. We were greeted every morning with a smile by Richard and Linda Gabe walking their two dogs. BEST PLACE TO STAY IN FORT GARLAND!!
Canyan McMinnis

Room Tip: Best place to stay in Fort Garland
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank canyon m
Highland Village, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

We laid over one night on our long trip to Colorado. The price was great for the short stay. The owner is very nice and did all she could do to see that our stay was fine. The rooms are basic but clean, especially the bathroom! The beds were a bit soft. My coverlet had a huge stain that looked like coffee but i just removed it from the bed. The A/C was not very effective, in our room and our friends'. That made it hard for some of us to sleep but you can open the window and let in the cool air from outside. If you are just using this motel as a place to crash for a night then it would be fine.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank threepuppies
Aurora, CO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

We stayed at this hotel for two nights at the end of March 2012 on our way to the Sand Dunes from Aurora, CO. The prices were a lot lower than Alamosa and we were about the same distance from the Sand Dunes. We would stay here again.

Pros:
Owners are friendly
Owners are accommodating
Pet Friendly
Clean
Low price

Cons:
None

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank jeepers6667
Valley Motel
Valley Motel
#8 of 13 in Alamosa
River's Edge Bed and Breakfast at Dodgeton Creek Inn

Been to Lodge Motel? Share your experiences!