“Great place for the price”

Sand's Inn Park Terrace
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Fort Morgan
“Great place for the price”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here several years ago when it was a best western. Now is privately owned renovated. Friendly staff, nice rooms and for half the price of the chain hotels out on interstate! On our way to Estes park.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank Cox1959

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I am very picky when it comes to room cleanliness. Was very impressed with this hotel room. Very clean, modern, comfortable, affordable and inviting. It also had a great location...just the right distance sat of Denver, CO.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank SherriinNV
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 15 February 2014

The Sand's was a great place to stay in Fort Morgan. There were 8 of us that stayed at the Sands on business off and on for about 3 weeks. Susan was great. The rooms were clean and they were very accomodating. I would highly recommend anyone stay at the Sands when they are in Fort Morgan looking for an affordable clean place to stay. We will definitely be back everytime we do business in Fort Morgan.

Happy Customer

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank Bill R
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Stayed here 10-28-13. Bed bugs everywhere. Ended up with at least 100 bites. Saw 7 fully grown adult bed bugs when I woke up in the morning. We had four rooms with our full crew of construction workers staying here. Bed bugs in multiple rooms. The whole motel is INFESTED. Avoid at all costs. Talked to hotel owner and he still charged us for the night. Just horrible. Probably the worst motel experience ive ever encountered. I stay in motel about 300 days a year and I will never go back here. Just a side note that the owner of this motel owns multiple motels in the area. Avoid them all as they are probably infested as well. At the very least avoid because of customer service reasons.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Tim W
Susan C, Front Office Manager at Sand's Inn Park Terrace, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
This room had a customer staying in it for 3 weeks before. And never complained about a problem. So once we were told about a problem with bugs we called and had a professional Exterminator come in and treat the room and check all other rooms. We went ahead and treated the rooms closest to this one but nothing was found in any other rooms so I know for a fact that there are no other rooms that have been infested with bugs. We were told by the Exterminator company that every motel and many other businesses, homes and apartments have this happen at some point in doing business. We are disappointed that it happened to us but feel very confident that this has been handled and treated and we also have every room treated for any other pest every single month since we have owned the property, by a professional Exterminator. If you look at other comments in the past we have had great reviews for our cleanliness, friendliness and nicely remodeled rooms. We truly hate for our customers to have any bad experiences, but know we are not perfect and we will continue to strive to do the best we can. Please be assured we have handled this problem and been educated on what and how to look for them. All our beds have very secured mattress covers to protect from any entrance of pest on every bed we have. Please don't let this discourage you from a wonderful stay with us. Thank you!
Sahuarita, AZ
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I don't think that I am ultra picky, but I was surprised how unclean our room was. I doubt that the carpet was vacuumed because there were white hairs (maybe a pet) and crumbs on the floor. It wasn't from us because we had no food in the room whatsoever. When I walked into the bathroom, the first thing I noticed was tissue on the floor behind the sink. It was only tissue, but why wasn't that picked up when the room was serviced. There were soap streaks and what I thought was spilled soda or something on the shelf above the toilet. Again, I don't think this was cleaned after the last occupant. There was a paper strip on the toilet giving the impression that the toilet had been cleaned. When I lifted the lid, I was disgusted to find a stain of some kind of bodily fluid. I took a washcloth and with hot soapy water, I cleaned the toilet seat. The stain came off, so again I wondered why was this missed when the room was cleaned. Lastly, there were flies and some other kind of crawling bug in the room. I killed most of them in the bathroom but wondered how many were on the dark carpet that I couldn't see. This is the first place I stayed where I kept my socks on when I went to bed. I don't know if the other rooms are cleaner or nicer, but I was not at all happy with our room #106. We checked out very early the next morning so I didn't have a chance to give this feedback to the owner (who was very nice). Based on my experience, I cannot recommend this motel and feel is was not worth the $75 we paid for the night.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank CallAttendant
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We stayed in this motel for one night and we enjoyed our stay. The motel is away from the highway and it was quiet here.
The room was clean and well maintained. The bed was firm and we liked it. There is a TV, a small fridge, a coffee maker, a hairdryer, an iron, the heater in the bathroom. Water pressure is great. Everything worked fine as well as WiFi. The AC is modern and runs quiet too.
I would certainly stay here again and recommend this motel for everyone.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Redclous
Merritt Island, Florida
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

It's also American owned. Ron, the owner, is very friendly and helpful. The other motels in town don't seem so clean and nice. The 'chain' hotels are not American owned, beware.

The rooms are super clean. The furniture is lovely. It's like being at home, so comfortable! Everything matches and is of high quality.

Great air-conditioner, ceiling fan and a big window to let lots of light in.

The bed is very comfortable with a pillow top mattress.

The bathroom has a nice tub and powerful shower.

There is a microwave and fridge, that are very clean and in working order.

Pets are welcome for $10 a night. A big plus.

The WiFi is free, but for a small fee you can get a code for super fast internet.

Hair dryer, coffee pot, fluffy towels, clean comforter and crisp sheets all included for a great price.

We were in a queen room, I bet the bigger rooms are even better.

I would recommend this place to anybody who wants to rest easy on their trip.

100% All round.

Clarion Inn Fort Morgan
Clarion Inn Fort Morgan
#6 of 8 in Fort Morgan
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Brush

Been to Sand's Inn Park Terrace? Share your experiences!