“Great Value”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fort Morgan
Central Motel - AAA
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Fort Morgan
“Great Value”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I was interested in booking the motel for one night as it had great reviews, appeared to be a great AAA value, and it was going to be a good stopping point on our way to Grand Lake, CO from Iowa. However, I became a bit leary when I called to make the reservation. The lady I spoke to quoted me a very reasonable price on the phone, but must have had a long day as she sounded very tired and just didn't seem that excited about my booking a reservation with her.

But thank goodness, the motel turned out to be a pleasant surprise. Al was at the front desk when we arrived and Diablo (the pet cat) was sprawled all over the front desk. I felt Diablo gave the place a home-y feel. Al was accommodating and moved his vehicle right away so we could park our car right in front of our motel room - that was so very, very convenient.

Other reviews talk about how clean the rooms are here. I would have to agree that for an older motel, this place was exceptionally clean - a real plus.

We found the beds to be comfortable and the microwave and refrigerator in the room was greatly appreciated - nothing fancy, But we weren't looking for that anyway.

About the only thing I didn't like about the room was the sun brightly coming into the room before 6:00 in the morning. There was even a shade covering the window where the sun came in near the bathroom mirror. It was so bright in the room I honestly thought my husband had left the bathroom light on during the night.

We had to chuckle when we got to the room and there was a sign on the wall saying that there was a $250 fine for smoking marijuana in the room. We were definitely in Colorado.

The Central Motel was a great location for us. We were within a few blocks of a Safeway store (we bought breakfast items there) and Santiagos, where we ate dinner the night before. We even enjoyed a walk to St. Helena Catholic Church for services Saturday - it was only .7 mile from the hotel. It was so nice to be able to get out and walk to these places after being cooped up in a car through Nebraska all day.

They do not have blow dryers in the room, but I did know that beforehand and brought my own.

We appreciated the free Wi-Fi service.

We would consider coming here again, if something could be done with that window and all the light coming in early in the morning.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Suzanne L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Saint Gabriel, Louisiana
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The room was spotless, the beds very comfortable, and the room had a small refrigerator (very handy us for us) and a microwave. If you're looking for a basic room, clean, and inexpensive, and are looking for a convenient place to overnight near I-76, this is what you're looking for.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Van R
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I have logged over 900 hotel/motel nights around the US so I am not stranger to chain hotels or what I call "roadside motor lodges". CLEAN! That should be everyone's first priority - whether you are the renter or rentee. This place is spotless. It is in the center of town (hence the name) so you are virtually walking distance to most of the downtown. There is also a fridge in the room. The only bad thing I can say is that you are close to train tracks so depending the yours/and the trains schedule you might here one or two at night. No biggie.

The owner, who has won an award from AAA so many time in a row I think he (Alan Larson) probably forgot. Clean, quiet, convenient and inexpensive with an owner who cares about your stay. I used to think customer service was dead in America - it is alive and well and breathing good vibes at the Central Motel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank ColfaxKid
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We had stayed here awhile back and decided to stay again we had a king room and it was roomy..very clean..nice bed ..microwave..fridge ..manager is always accommodating and helpful great price..will be back again

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pegasus44
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 4 June 2013 via mobile

Had read reviews and drove there without a reso. Almost mistake they had only two rooms left the one we opted for had two rooms and four beds fit for an army and was reasonably priced the proprietor was very helpful and full of energy nothing fancy but clean and accommodating the town also has a nature trail and park that's awesome

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2013

In town older but kept very clean
All one story, park right by your door.
No frills quiet stay. Surprisingly full parking lot they must fill up.
Stayed Sunday night on holiday weekend on way to Estes park

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank somemor
Pitkin, Colorado
Reviewed 11 January 2013

Nice host, clean rooms. but we had the misfortune of rooming next to a couple who talked and laughed loudly until after midnight, then obviously and loudly did the deed, and we had the misfortune of hearing essentially every word, every noise and every sound. I know I should have called the manager, but she had mentioned how tired she was. So I pounded on the wall a few times. They finally wore the,selves out. And then we got some sleep.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Clarion Inn Fort Morgan
Clarion Inn Fort Morgan
#5 of 8 in Fort Morgan
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Brush

Been to Central Motel - AAA? Share your experiences!