“Rustic saloon with a wide selection”

Crooked Creek Saloon
Ranked #6 of 18 Restaurants in Fraser
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Western MA
“Rustic saloon with a wide selection”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We visited for lunch during the week in August and the place wasn't too busy. We'd never been before and came on the recommendation of family members who have property in the area. We were not disappointed.

The Crooked Creek Saloon has a varied menu and I think just about anyone could find something to their liking. We were a party of 4 and each had something different. My husband had the Awesome Fatboy burger and said it was one of the best burgers he's had. I was pleased to find a "Paleo Plate" with salmon, sautéed fresh veggies and fruit. The others in our group had sandwiches. Everyone agreed that the fries were fantastic. Dessert was great as well, with more options than I normally see. Although I didn't taste, the consensus was that the giant chocolate chip cookie sundae, served in a cast-iron skillet, was amazing.

The restaurant itself is rustic with an interesting story behind it, which they share on their menu. Great location with outdoor seating as well.

• Visited August 2014

Texas
“Rustic environment and pleasant outdoor seating”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Likely understaffed when we visited, service was unbearable slow, especially with 3 young kids. Servers looked a little stressed; understandably so. However, they were pleasant. Food was ok. Would like to write something more complimentary yet hard to find something more positive. One exception; going there in the summer time, they have outdoor backyard seating. Lovely flower garden and even horseshoe pits. It's nice for the kids and aesthetically pleasant as well. Likely will try them again, perhaps just bad timing when we went. I believe the restaurant has been there for some time, so there has to be something more positive to experience.

Fort Worth, Texas
“Burnt offerings”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The food was burnt. I had to sent my chicken fried steak back. It was black underneath as to hide it and the grease was dripping off. They brought me another one and it was the same except the meat didn't look like angus, more like pork chop. I asked my wife to cut it. She couldn't. My sons ribs looked like they were cut in half through the bone as to make another rack a ribs because the last three bones looked like fingers. My daughters ribs were burnt and very dry. For my family not to eat all 6 bones is unheard of. Actually after they saw my second chicken fried steak and little fingers falling off the ribs we were thinking of a certain movie. I noticed the people around us were only eating appetizers and having a drink, I mean everyone. I think this place is for the locals.

Fort Worth, Texas
“Burnt expectations”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The first thing we did was check Trip Advisor. The Creekside Eatery is NOT listed, it's listed mistakenly under the Crooked Creek Saloon which is a separate entity but under the same roof, therefore Creekside Eatery is not getting it's own reviews. They are under Crooked Creek Saloon and getting it's good reviews. We found this out when I got home and did research. So, we went in, and as we walked in there were few people and they were all looking at us. It was weird, I guess it was a local hang-out. It's a nice place and our waiter was pleasant. You know, when you look around you just have that strange feeling. I saw the owner or she acted like the owner she never once came over and greeted us. The place was pretty and it had a relaxed atmosphere on the patio. We were there just recently so it was off season. I felt like we were given an in- seasoned menu. It was $$$ and the food (all of it) was terrible. I looked around and noticed the few people that came in and left, only ordered appetizers and drinks even people sitting around us, they didn't order entrees. The chicken fried steak was burnt and the waitress agreed. It was black on one side and the grease actually dripped off of it. I got another one and it was like shoe leather. I could not cut it with a fork. They said it was angus but it couldn't have been, it seemed more like tough pork chop. I did not eat it. Get this, my son and daughter ordered ribs. How can you ruin ribs? They were both burnt and dried out meat. The ribs looked like they were cut in half, I mean not through the meat half but through the bone as to make another side of ribs. When my son ate his ribs they were like little fingers towards the end. I smoke ribs and we're a rib family. For my children not to devour at least 5 bones there's something wrong. We were out $88.00! There other business is Crooked Creek Saloon, but I didn't eat there. Wished I would have. You can't cheat on appetizers and beer.

Denver, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect Rehearsal Dinner at the Creek!”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

First of all, Edie is amazing! We started coordinating the rehearsal dinner for Creekside Eatery a few months before the wedding, and she made sure all the details were taken care of well in advance. She made all of our guests feel welcomed, and the service could not have been better. The food was great. Even my family members from Texas were impressed by the portion size! Thanks again, Edie and all the staff at Crooked Creek! You helped make our wedding weekend a time we'll never forget!

• Visited June 2014