“Definitely Best Sports Rental Anywhere!”
Review of Rebel Sports

Rebel Sports
New York City, New York
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Definitely Best Sports Rental Anywhere!”
Reviewed 1 January 2012

After speaking with Kevin and his assistant I decided to bring a large youth (ages 10 - 17) group in July, 2011 for the Vail Mountain Pass biking.
Safety is always my concern so I was glad that they sell all their bikes at the end of the season and replace them with brand new ones. In addition they made sure all the participants were comfortable with their bike and were securely fitted with a proper helmet.
The staff was not only very patient and courteous and accommodating when making the reservation but they outdid themselves on the day of the rental.

Not only would I use them again but I already did in August although with a much smaller group of only 12 and was still amazed at the service!!

Visited July 2011
4 Thank Samdk

Iowa
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Poor customer service”
Reviewed 24 October 2011

We were on vacation (from Iowa) and spent $84 for a 24-hour bike rental which included a shuttle bus ride up to Vail Pass -- they dropped us and the bikes off, then we would ride the bikes back down the Pass to Frisco. It started raining as soon as we started riding, and rained the entire way. We rode as fast as we could as it was a very cold rain, and not very enjoyable. Upon reaching Rebel Sports at the end of our hurried ride down, we left our bikes to go warm up with some coffee and a hot shower. As it was still raining when we got back to Rebel Sports, we asked that if it didn't stop raining all day, could we please catch a shuttle ride back up on Sunday morning if it was nice out? They said it would cost extra. We were very disappointed as it was off-season (after Labor Day and before ski season starts), and they were not very busy. In our eyes, good business practices would have been to say "yes, if we are not booked"; to try and please the customer. We never rode the bikes again that day, as it rained until dark. So we spent $84 for a 1-hour miserable ride. The personnel at the shop very friendly and were great to talk with, but we probably would not go to them again for our bike rental because of the reason mentioned above.

Visited September 2011
Oldsmar, Florida
407 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 437 helpful votes
“Good Equipment and Service -Vail Pass Bicycle Ride”
Reviewed 20 August 2011

The staff at Rebel Sports (Jeff and Zack) took great care of us for our bike ride on the Vail Pass. The bikes were in great condition and of a very good quality. Suggestions and recommendations helped us have an even better bike experience. Zack pointed out places to stop along the trail which was most helpful. We enjoyed the stop at Copper Mountain, taking the Gondola to the top of the mountain for lunch. The Rock Garden along the bike route was terrific, thanks Zack for being sure we knew about it and how to locate it from the bike path. Only recommendation would be a bottle of water for the trip. We didn't bring one and should have been sure to have one but were able to pick water up at Copper Mountain. A fun day of biking and coasting the Vail Pass.

Visited August 2011
1 Thank mixaconsulting
Austin, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Best choice for biking Vail Pass”
Reviewed 6 August 2011

Everyone at Rebel was friendly & helpful. My two kids (ages 8 and 11), my husband and I rented bikes and took the shuttle up to the top of Vail Pass. We called several stores before choosing Rebel -- they were one of the more economical choices, but more importantly seemed to care about our safety and fun as a priority. They gave us tips on places to stop (and not to bother with) along the ride and just couldn't have been any nicer.

Visited August 2011
3 Thank Munkamom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great experience!”
Reviewed 15 July 2011

We rented bicycles and rode down Vail Pass Bike Path. Beautiful trip! I was nervous as I have not been on a bike in years, but I made the trip (14 miles mostly downhill) just fine. Kevin at Rebel was a great help in fitting me with a bike and letting me ride around to make sure I was comfortable. He also worked with those in our party with small children to make sure they were satisfied. All around it was great!

1 Thank Juby009

Been to Rebel Sports? Share your experiences!