“Went down hill....”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Newtown, Pennsylvania
“Went down hill....”
Reviewed 16 April 2013 via mobile

When I stayed here before, I experienced gracious hosts and a clean well-appointed room. Not so this time. I truly felt like the inn- keeper thought I was a nuisance, especially when I expressed my discomfort with a stick of wood in the slider to the shared balcony as the only 'lock'. Yes, I know Frisco is a safe little tourist town, but a solitary female traveller needs a bit more than a stick of wood in the door to feel secure.
Maybe I was in an old part of the building this time, but if this had been my experience last time, I certainly would have not come back.

Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Rosetwig

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Larkspur, Colorado
Reviewed 31 March 2013

I had two different stays in March at Hotel Frisco in conjunction with hitting the slopes for winter fun. The rooms here are spotless with new bathroom fixtures, nice linens and a flat screen TV. The place is across from Tuscato's in Frisco as well as near many great happy hours (most are from 3pm - 6pm) with 1/2 price wine, beer and appetizers, which is a fun activity après-ski (French: after skiing). The beds were comfortable and we enjoyed the oatmeal bar in the morning and free Wi-Fi. We did not experience any odd noises and had two quiet nights. There are boot and glove heaters for guests on each floor. Cute historic hotel in Frisco and the free parking in their lot was handy.

Room Tip: Stay away from room #300 if possible as it is very small. Some rooms have bathtubs and some rooms ha...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Oceandweller7
Reviewed 27 March 2013

Look, I read through these reviews and I truly do not think they paint an accurate view of this place. First off, the location is perfect!! Right on Main street with several nice restaurants and bars located within walking distance. Short drives to a variety of ski resorts. Easy access to I-70. Next, very clean despite being pet friendly....that's no small task. The price point in VERY competitive, but there is one caveat to this. The rooms are indeed pretty small. But, there does exist a single one bedroom suite that is FANTASTIC!! Has a full, nicely equipped kitchen, overlooks Main Street, and has a really nice shower/bath. If it's available, book it!! I'm planning my trip for next Winter right now. The customer service at the front desk is average.....not bad but certainly not over the top. But for what I'm looking for, the Hotel Frisco could not be better!

Room Tip: Opt for the one bedroom suite if available.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Codegambit
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 19 March 2013

We stayed here and were absolutely unable to sleep due to a loud noise all night. It sounded like a piece of metal flapping in the wind on the exterior of the building, but my husband, who is very handy, identified that it was a problem with the fan in the bathroom. I am a heavy sleeper, and it kept me awake all night. We tried to shut the bathroom door to diminish the noise, but the door would not close properly or lock, so we had to place a heavy bag against the door, which you had to move if you needed to use the bathroom during the night. I booked this, deciding to pay a premium for a one-night room specifically in order to get a solid night's rest before an arduous backcountry trip the next day. When we raised our complaint with the owner the next morning, he was very rude. He insisted we show him the issue, and of course it was no longer a problem. He was rude and presumptuous. After having to reach the point of being somewhat assertive with him about wanting some kind of remedy (which he seemed to greatly resent and take personally), he offered a discount on our next stay! Upon further urging, he finally took a small portion of the price off our credit card bill. I left exhausted, angry, short $150 that I feel I did not receive the benefit of paying, and absolutely shocked at the dearth of customer service and/or appreciation.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Andrea K

Travellers are raving about these Frisco hotels

Aurora
Reviewed 18 March 2013

After reading some of the reviews I wondered if I had made the right choice. Well my wife and I enjoyed our stay. We were given Room # 100 which is large, has a small walk in closet, king size bed (comfortable), a door to the walk way to the hot tub and a large bathroom with a whirlpool bath(which we used after a day of skiing). The hotel and the room were clean. The staff which I met were very friendly. There is a bit of noise transfer from the lobby/corridor but it
was quiet at 9PM.
The location is close to some of the best restaurants that Frisco has so you don't need to use your car after its parked.
We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Albert C
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 11 March 2013

This place is WAY overrated. Small rooms, minimal front desk service and no breakfast included; just coffee with no creamer or sugar. (at least during our stay.) The location is great, but other than that,
this hotel offers very little for a big price for night.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank kathy701
Aliso Viejo, California
Reviewed 6 March 2013 via mobile

Our experience has been great. We got the larger room #100 and everything was just right here. Coffee, teas, oatmeal. They have a wine area at night, small self service store, super cozy lobby with giant fireplace. Staff was helpful and kind. Room includes a jacuzzi and walk in closet and a terrific bed and flat screen.

We stayed a couple nights and were really pleased with the hotel's lodge feeling, being centered downtown near ski rentals and a bar.

Stayed March 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frisco
Alpine Inn
Ramada Frisco
Ramada Frisco
#4 of 21 in Frisco
Best Western Ptarmigan Lodge

Been to Hotel Frisco? Share your experiences!