“Great location, pleasant hotel.”
Review of Hotel Frisco

Hotel Frisco
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Frisco
GreenLeadersBronze level
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Great location, pleasant hotel.”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This is a nice hotel very conveniently located to all things to see and do in a beautiful resort area. The only complaints we had were that the cleaning service did not make it to our room for two of the four days we spent. They either need to hire more cleaning staff, or have them start earlier and step up the pace. We asked for and received clean towels immediately. Not a big deal, but I like the room to be tended daily. The other issue; they need to put screens on their windows. There is no AC, which is not a problem, but when we first checked into our room on the third floor, it was VERY warm. We left the windows open at all times. Great breezes but I kept hoping that a bird would not fly in. Other than that, a sweet place that has tons of great food, shops and activities in walking distance. Also, the bed was VERY comfortable, the room spacious and had plenty of closet and drawer space for our belongings. Beautiful area. We enjoyed ourselves very much and would definitely return to stay at Hotel Frisco. Patti and Mark G. - New Orleans, LA

Room Tip: Our room, 304, had a window seat and a nice view of the mountains from the rear window. It was spac...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Patti G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We stayed 2 nights at Hotel Frisco in May - so it wasn't a ski trip but a leisurely spring vacation. The hotel is in a perfect location in the town. We loved all the cute shops up and down Main St. They are undertaking some renovations in the hotel so I expect it to be nicer this fall. Our room had a DVD player - and there were DVDs we could borrow in the library. In the library/sitting area friends could gather for a nice evening. There is a small bar - which is really just beer/wine behind the counter that you can purchase - but it was nice to be able to get a glass of wine for the evening. The only complaint is the hotel is next to a restaurant (which, by the way is very good) but that means there are early morning delivery trucks bringing in supplies - that was annoying but not really the hotel's fault.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank suzysuzzer
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The rooms are tiny, the walls are dinged up, carpet is aged. If you need a place to sleep that is convenient to Main St. this will work, but it's not anything more than that. The beds are pretty much bricks with sheets over them. Don't worry, they don't charge extra for the spiders crawling up the walls and across the ceiling.

Room Tip: Book here if other options aren't available or you are budget restricted.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Roger H, Owner at Hotel Frisco, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
All Beds at Hotel Frisco are less than 2 years old , many are new from Serta or Denver Mattress company. The carpet has no stains and is cleaned regularly in all rooms and public areas. I have never saw a spider in this building even in the basement. I guess there could be one at some time. I believe this review is misleading and should be removed
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Stayed here 3 years ago & got a great deal email on our way out West this time. Location is perfect for skiing Copper, A-Basin, Keystone or Breck & reasonable rates fit our budget! Beds comfy & clean! Not super fancy but if you want a quiet private place where you can walk around the quaintest out-west town- this is it! Rented skis next door @ Rebel Sports for a fair price & enjoyed great coffee & croissants right next door (wish I could remember the name!) $2.00 for a large, tasty joe! Night time is great time to walk down to Foote's Rest for ice cream & pie! Great value! We'll be back!

Room Tip: Our room was on the lower level in the back. Alley noise could be an issue, but we always travel wit...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Amy-Dave O
Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Our family of 3 stayed here 4 nights between Christmas & New Years. We wanted to be able to ski at Copper & Breck., so this hotel location enabled us to do that without the crazy prices of those hotels located at the base of those mts. We had a balcony with a view of the mts and loved the outdoor hot tub. The hotel is located right on the main drag of Frisco, so we walked to dinner every nite. The accomodations are not lux, but they were "updated" with a bit of vintage decor thrown in which we actually like as it gives personality to the rooms. Coffee & tea in the lobby were free when we stayed there (not sure if this is still the case). I would reccommend this hotel for couples & families alike. I understand the person's comment/frustration about not getting a refund , but the hotel does run as a "for profit" business and may not have been able to rebook the room so I see the hotels position also so I don't believe the hotel did anything wrong .

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dillon, Colorado
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Just have to vent about a company who has the worst customer service. 2 weeks ago my husband was in a Ski accident and we had to take him to the Emergency Room. We had 2 nights reservations through groupon to Hotel Frisco. I called to tell them what happened and that we would not to staying there. Because I did not call within 7 days to cancel they kept our money. The owner Roger said it really does not matter the reason he would not make any accommodations. Never asked me how my husband was doing, he did not even care. I told him I was going to tell 10 of my friends about the lousy customer service. Groupon on the other hand was very concerned about my husband and gave me a credit to use in a future date. They are the ones who lost out, but I really do appreciate them bending the rules due to our tragic dilemma. BTW my husband is still recovering.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Skitrip2014
Roger H, Owner at Hotel Frisco, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
This guest called the day of check-in to cancel her reservation. We have a 7 day cancellation policy. If you cancel or chance your reservation before that day we give a full refund with no cancellation fee. After that date all reservations are non refundable. This policy is told every guest when they book, emailed to them with a confirmation and was on the Groupon policy. We do not try to evaluate excuses why a guest would cancel.

Travellers are raving about these Frisco hotels

Denver,CO
Reviewed 1 April 2014

This property is definitely in need of updating and repair. Fortunately I wasn't injured when the one of the legs on the bed collapsed. It was clear to us that the roll of duct tape provided by the manager was not going to work and with no other available rooms or bedframes, the manager removed the frame and we slept with mattress on the floor. There was also no way to turn up heat for the room forcing us to collect blankets from our car for the night. While I admit, I used a groupon that resulted in a 33% rate reduction, I expected a better experience. Also, if you use a groupon, you are charged tax based on the original rate, not what you paid. The location is great and our time at the hotel was brief and our skiing trip was wonderful.

Room Tip: Room was at back of hotel where alley noise was noticeable in the morning.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ninjaconcierge
Roger H, Owner at Hotel Frisco, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
We are sorry the bed frame broke during the guest stay. It was late at night and nowhere in Town to buy a new one.. The frame was not old less than a year. Guest was compinsated breakfast and drinks
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frisco
Alpine Inn
Ramada Frisco
Ramada Frisco
#4 of 21 in Frisco
Best Western Ptarmigan Lodge

Been to Hotel Frisco? Share your experiences!