“Reasonable alternative to the higher prices in Breckenridge”
Review of 5th Avenue Grille

5th Avenue Grille
Ranked #9 of 61 Restaurants in Frisco
Price range: US$12 - US$39
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The 5th Avenue Grille is a neighborhood eatery crafting elevated food paired with genuine hospitality in our unpretentious mountain surroundings. We believe in using real, wholesome ingredients prepared with care and imagination for a happier healthy life. Our service staff is professional with a casual vibe to make everyday a reason to celebrate.
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Visited with a family group of 7 for a light dinner and the consensus opinion was that the food was above average. Several tried the Chicken Pot Pie and enjoyed it - although it has a pastry crust, but is not a traditional pot pie. My wife had the Portobello Mushroom sandwich and thought it was wonderful. I had their Cheeseburger with fries and a salad - the salad was good, the burger was very good, but the fries were terrible (cooked ahead of time and kept luke-warm under a lamp till they dried out before serving). Service was fine.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

In the heart of downtown Frisco, this is a real gem. While they were busy, we still received attentive, friendly, excellent service. Payton was our server and he gave us tips on the menu items which proved to be great choices. As the New Year begins, I was trying to limit my carbs, he was happy to replace the yummy au gratin potatoes with fresh veggies on my portobello, mozarella cheese, basil with roasted tomato entree. Great selection, others enjoyed ahi tuna tacos, fabulous chicken pot pie and butternut squash raviolli. Wine list was well-rounded and with a nice selection. We will return.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

We arrived in the Frisco area late on a Monday night. We assumed that we wouldn't find a good place for dinner without a reservation. Luckily, Fifth Avenue Grille had a cancelation, so we were able to get a meal. And, a great meal it was. From the butternut squash ravioli to the buffalo steak, all four in our party were happy with our meals. We will return.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Food was ok, but the service was poor. The waiter was the big downfall, messing up my order, and the check, and had little knowledge of pairing wine with the menu.

1  Thank BigC320
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Not quite as good as Farley's Chophouse, which it replaced, but there may not have been room in Frisco for Farley's and the Blue Spruce which were both quite similar at least in price. Still, I am fairly sure the new incarnation is cheaper. They do good food. I tend to stay in Frisco for at least a week each year and do the rounds of the better restaurants. I have been to this one each year since it took over from Farley's and I'll be going back.

Been to 5th Avenue Grille? Share your experiences!