“Eh, not that great”

Cowboy Pizza
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I was told not to expect much and left very underwhelmed. The service was lousy, in fact, other patrons got up and left while I was waiting on my to-go order. I ordered a gluten-free pizza and they served a lousy Sysco pre made crust. I get it, but to charge $20 for a Sysco pie is ridiculous. A pizza place should make their own dough...that's not too much to ask.

There are newer reviews for Cowboy Pizza

Reviewed 16 October 2013

I like this location and the staff is always friendly, but it's not a very good value for toppings on bread. I'd give it an average, except I had to ask myself, would I pay for this any place else. I hope they improve because I'd be there every other night.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

We all know pizza is usually a hit or miss, right! But Cowboy Pizza was a huge hit! We ordered one large cheese pizza and one large pepperoni. The sauce was delicious, the toppings just the right amount, and the crust was cooked perfectly! They told us it would take 45 minutes to make the pizza's and delivery would take even longer. We went and got the pizza and they were on time. We were pleased with the pizza and the service. Recommend this place for a good pizza pie!

Reviewed 28 March 2013

We liked the clean feel of this restaurant from the moment we walked in. A nice gas fireplace was roaring in the corner, real boots and cowboy hats were on the walls. When my husband saw rattlesnake sausage on the menu as a topping...he was thrilled. The waitress who served us was friendly, the pizzas we ordered were served in a reasonable amount of time, and we found them to be delicious. We would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed 28 March 2013

I had mixed feelings about this place. We were there during Spring Break, and the place was full of noisy kids.The decor is sort of cute if you like the cowboy theme. One big plus was the view from the front tables - beautiful mountain vistas. The fireplace added charm as well. The service was unbelievably slow -we waited at least 30 minutes to get our pizza and stromboli. We were starving after a day of skiing, and it felt like an eternity. We overheard the waitress tell another table that they had had an unusually large takeout order which resulted in the delay. However, it looked like the actual problem was that it was grossly understaffed - we only saw the waitress, plus one cook (maybe the owners?) The food, when it finally came, was pretty good. I liked my veggie pizza - tasty, just the right amount of crispiness in the thinner-style crust. My husband thought his stromboli was just okay. We did very much appreciate that the server asked us if we were vegetarian (we are) to warn us about the meat base in the marinara dipping sauce. That alone was a big plus to us! One other gripe: there was a New Testament propped up conspicuously next to the fireplace, next to our table. It just annoys me when businesses try to proselytize (I am very respectful of all faiths - good businesses should be too). Overall, I'm not sure that the good views and pizza outweigh some of the negatives. We might go back, but we also may try other pizza places on our next Frisco visit.