“Lost Iowan finds Lost Cajun”
Review of The Lost Cajun

The Lost Cajun
Ranked #2 of 61 Restaurants in Frisco
Price range: US$8 - US$18
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Iowa City, Iowa
“Lost Iowan finds Lost Cajun”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

What a treat! Our third night in Frisco and a most delightful dinner. Friendly waitress brought out samples of five different gumbos from which we could choose a cup or bowl. I had a cup, my wife had a bowl. I added a plate of shrimp. An Abita brew and dinner was complete. Tasty. Authentic. Friendly. Good price.

1 Thank RL1952
Hannah14620, Manager at The Lost Cajun, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank you! Next time save room for our beignets! They'll have you planning your next Colorado vacation really quick!

Denver, Colorado
“Good food”
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Although the place is small, they were able to accommodate our group of 11 people. More than half of our group was originally from Louisiana or still live in Baton Rouge. The food was very good. I had the catfish and enjoyed it very much. One person in our group indicated the potato salad had a home made taste to it like she makes in Baton Rouge. The waitress was wonderful.The cook even came out to see if we enjoyed the meal and even took several pictures of our group for us. There is a Lost Cajun restaurant in Breckenridge as well. Two people in a group have now eaten in the Breckenridge one as well as the Frisco location. They said hands down the food seemed better and more seasoned at the Frisco location and the staff friendlier for a better dining experience.

Visited August 2014
We are so glad you enjoyed your experience. We always try to keep a consistent product at all locations and appreciate your feedback! We hope to see you back soon!
Sparta, Wisconsin, United States
“New Orleans in colorado”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

drove by saw the name of the restaurant and just had to stop. samples supplied so we knew what we were getting....and darn it was better then what we had several years ago in New Orleans it self. would recommend to anyone. great service.

• Visited August 2014
Hannah14620, Manager at The Lost Cajun, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Thank you so much we are so glad you enjoyed it! We have opened a location in Rochester MN a bit closer to your home, we hope you will pay them a visit!
Cedar Park, Texas
“Interesting”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I am perhaps not the best person to be writing a review of a Cajun restaurant, because I am not especially fond of Cajun food. Our meal began with the waitress setting a glass of ice water on one of the uneven edges between boards on our outdoor picnic table. It toppled over onto me and soaked my pants. She somehow tried to shift the blame from herself. I found some food that was edible but none too good, and our total check certainly did not reflect the mediocre quality of the food. The beignet sticks that the waitress recommended for our dessert were particularly bad. Actually, I liked the atmosphere of The Lost Cajun, and I ended up liking our waitress. But I certainly would not eat here unless I really, really liked Cajun food, and I certainly would not take a look at the unpretentious building and think that The Lost Cajun is reasonably priced. It isn't.

• Visited August 2014
Hannah14620, Manager at The Lost Cajun, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
You are correct sir, someone who is "not especially fond of Cajun food" is perhaps not the best person to write a review as our menu is 100% Cajun. We pride ourselves on providing a menu that makes a real Cajun's mouth water while they are away from home, and providing people a true Cajun experience. My recommendation would be trying the traditional beignets next time so you may share that experience with the hundreds of satisfied customers we have. We value everyone's input and appreciate you taking the time to give feed back.
Cedar Park, Texas
“Okay, but not great.”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

After reading the reviews of The Lost Cajun, our group was excited about having dinner there. Like so many Frisco restaurants, it is very small. There are picnic tables outside and a few tables inside. The inside seating is a bit claustrophobic. The shrimp was just okay, but certainly not worth a trip back to this restaurant. I did like the gumbo sampler (free). The beignets were also just okay. Our server recommended that we get the small size beignets for the whole table. We agreed that they were more or less tasteless. Perhaps the larger beignets would have been better. All in all, I did not feel this restaurant lived up to its hype.

• Visited August 2014
Thank you for your review! You are correct, as is the case with the majority of restaurants in our ski resort community our dining area is small. We are fortunate enough to be able to extend our seating in the summer with one of the largest patios in Frisco! I encourage you to try our regular beignets on your next visit as they will melt in your mouth! The beignet bites that you ordered were designed for children to be able to enjoy a little easier.

Been to The Lost Cajun? Share your experiences!