“Understaffed”

Sporting News Grill
Ranked #37 of 63 Restaurants in Frisco
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Description: The Sports Grill offers 14 beers on draft and pub-styled food. With 12 flat-screen televisions, the Sports Grill is a great place to enjoy a beer and burger while watching your favorite sport.
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This bar restaurant is very clean but only one person is staffed there. We stayed in the hotel for 3 days and never saw a waitress. the bartender runs triple duty for everything. Ridiculous. Food is not very good and over priced. The sad thing is that there is a sign for this place off I-70.. forget it.

1  Thank Dawn M

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed at the Holiday Inn - Frisco two nights and really enjoyed the Sporting News Grill. Tao was our waiter and was most helpful in recommending items from the menu. He remembered us the second night and even what we wanted to drink. And then changed the channel so we could watch the Rockies! Great food and special, friendly wait staff. Food was good too!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Had amazing service by Tao during my dinner in the lounge. He was attentive, professional and provided excellent advice for dinner. He created an excellent atmosphere for all the guests in the lounge and restaurant.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Boring and unimaginative menu. If you like bar food made from frozen stuff, then you will love this place.

4  Thank Ylice
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I was on my way home from Colorado to Ca when an Unexpected snow storm came in Jan12th 2014. I had no choice but to exit off and try to find a decent hotel. After experiencing white out conditions, ice and getting stuck in the Holiday Inn parking lot, I got my room and went to the Sporting News Grill Restaurant in hotel.
There I met Alex and Cyndi. I asked for a drink to calm my nerves and they did just that.
They treated me as if I was the only customer there and I felt so taken care of.
I was stuck for 3 nights. I had Alex as my server at the bar for 2 of the nights and I have to say
that his service was more than excellent. I really felt as if I was amongst family. It was so refreshing to stumble upon this 3 day stop and leave with a feeling of being well taken care of.
The whole restaurant staff gets an A in my book, but Alex and Cyndi was what really made my lonely evenings away from my family so much more enjoyable.
A huge THank You for genuinely caring for your customers Alex and Cyndi. Kelli Harter

2  Thank kelli h