“Best part of the trip”

Adventure Paddle Tours
Ranked #2 of 8 Tours in Frisco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Adventure Paddle Tours is Summit County's one and only premier Kayak/SUP outfitter. We specialize in family oriented guided trips on Lake Dillon. Trips are 2.5 hours putting in and taking out at the Frisco Bay Marina. Our professional guide staff is trained in Kayak safety, instruction and the occasional story telling. We pride ourselves in our commitment and dedication to our environment and believe the only way to live is outside. So please join us at the "office" we call a Kayak and experience Summit County like so few ever have before. Women and yes men grab your spray skirts, PFD's and a paddle and we hope to see you on the water!
Reviewed 2 July 2013

This was the part of the vacation I was most looking forward to and it didn't disappoint. We had so much fun. We took the 2.5 tour at 8 a.m. We arrived early and Kyle (tour guide) said it was unusually windy, which didn't turn out to be a problem once we were on the water. Only 3 had signed up for our time slot, so we had 2 kayaks. (Side note: if you are debating whether to sit in the front or the back...the person in the back steers). We had a quick lesson and safety talk before going out. We went around a bunch of island and saw some bald eagles. Plan to get a little wet, it is kayaking after all. Kyle tells you all about the area and it's history. I would definitely go again!

Reviewed 8 June 2013

My girlfriend and I scheduled a morning 2.5 hour tour a day ahead of time, and Kyle was very accommodating, taking us out on the lake even though we were the only people on the trip that day. He met us at eight o'clock, on the dot, and very promptly ran us through an equipment explanation and paddling basics. We were on the lake within fifteen minutes.

We had a fantastic time with Kyle; he was very knowledgable about the local geography and history. Very personable. He always had some interesting tidbit about whatever it was we were looking at, and demonstrated a genuine passion for his work. We ended up seeing a pair of bald eagles and a handful of osprey and, during the morning tour, there was very little disturbance by other boats on the lake.

Absolutely recommended, and would do the tour again.

1  Thank TheMysteryCow
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Our Meetup group of 13 kayaked Lake Dillon last weekend for the 2nd time this year. This is a great place to learn to kayak, not only for the beautiful surroundings, but also for the kayak rentals at the Frisco Marina. The rental price is extremely reasonable. A couple of us brought our own kayaks to launch nearby the rental area. The lake was very calm, which helped the first-timers feel comfortable. We followed the shoreline, which weaved in and out of pretty inlets and we landed on one of the several islands for group pictures. We returned to the Marina after being out 3 hours and regrouped for drinks at the Island Grill. I highly recommend kayaking at this lake, but call the Marina to check conditions due to the Colorado drought this year.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

My husband and I really enjoyed our 2.5 hr. kayak tour with Kyle. He was on time and ready to guide us. He pointed out several sites and provided us with historical information regarding the mountains in Summit County. He was very patient with this first time kayaker, making me feel comfortable and safe. I would definetely recommend this tour for anyone wanting to take in a beautiful view from the water of Lake Dillon. Thanks Kyle for a great adventure!

Reviewed 21 June 2012

As a participant in multiple Kayak Lake Dillon guided tours and a Summit County resident, I have always been impressed with the enthusiasm, dedication, and reliability of this company. Both Kyle, the owner and operator, and Kyla, his guide, have extensive knowledge of Lake Dillon, Summit County and kayak safety. Upbeat personalities and a love to share what they do makes for an incredible few hours on the water learning interesting facts, spotting wildlife, and getting an invigorating outdoor experience (good for all ages too). I have taken multiple friends on trips and we have seen moose, deer, osprey & their nests, and jumping fish! I would highly recommend a kayak tour with Kayak Lake Dillon to anyone visiting or living in the area.