“Will NEVER return! Rude and Prejuduce owners!”
Review of Snowshoe Motel

and 1 more site!
Snowshoe Motel
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Frisco
Los Alamos, New Mexico
“Will NEVER return! Rude and Prejuduce owners!”
Reviewed 24 July 2011

The owner insulted me without cause, threatened me and is very prejuduce against women and Americans. He said we left our dogs unattended for HOURS and he was calling animal control to take them away. My husband and I came alone to lovely Frisco and enjoyed our walk around town then enjoyed dinner at a wonderful place right across the street. We were just about done eating and our daughter showed up with her dogs. My husband went over to let them in then joined me at the restaurant. I left before she ordered to be with the dogs as I believe dogs should not be left alone and I was excited to see them. They were alone 10 to 15 minutes tops. Opon arriving at the room the owner attacked me as I reached the door and other than screaming and threatening me the only thing he would say to me was that we left the dogs alone in the room for HOURS. When I said they were there alone only minutes he called me a liar and said he would only talk to "the man". I tried to explain again and he said "I speak 6 languages and you American women can't even speak one". I took the dogs for a walk and when I returned I could barely hear anything but barking dogs left alone in the room next door. I told the son at the front desk and again I was yelled at called a lier and insulted. He said the barking, yapping dogs next door "just got there and they would settle down". I noticed when walking back to our room everyone there including the patrions spoke Russian. We didn't know we were foriegners in our own country.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Bicycling_in_CO

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Oregon
Reviewed 22 April 2011

Older hotel (but not without its charms), great location in the middle of downtown Frisco (my favorite town in the area). Definitely a bit run-down, but reasonably clean and great for the money. Friendly folks running the place. Since it is a budget place, it sometimes attracts loud partiers --- hard to get around that in a budget resort area... just use your earplugs and you'll be fine!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
12 Thank Yamhillbilly
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 24 January 2011

First off I’ve never wrote a review for anything, but I had to about this place! This was the third time staying in Frisco and snowboarding at Copper. We were going cheap so we went with the cheapest hotel we could find. Huge mistake! The price was decent, but this was the dirtiest hotel I’ve ever stayed in… The bathroom door and shower door was destroyed and held together by duct tape. The entire place stunk! You can hear anyone outside or in a room next to you. The lady working the front was just plan rude and made us feel like we were interrupting her when we asked for a TV remote and roll away bed. I agree it’s just a place to sleep, but for $10-$15 more a night the hotels jump up in accommodations in Frisco. Although the location was nice this was the worst lodging experience I’ve ever had staying in a hotel! Please, please choose another hotel or you will be sorry!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank CustomKC

Travellers are raving about these Frisco hotels

Ann Arbor, MI
Reviewed 30 December 2010

Stayed here 2 nights to snowboard at copper mt. Fitst the good. Great location right on the strip in frisco and the bus to copper stops right outside! Free continnental breakfast is nice but limited (and served on styrofoam plates...), and the bars and restaurants are a short walk away.

Now the bad. The walls are very thin, I could hear conversations in the room next to me. Luckily they were speaking Russian. Anyway, earplugs are a must. Beds an pillows are a bit dated and lumpy, and the shower is in desperate need of an upgrade.

Ask for sneering floor room in the back away from the street, and if you're a light sleeper see if you can be in a room without neighbors.

• Stayed December 2010
2 Thank bagjag27
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 23 August 2010

Given the other reviews, we didn't expect much and just wanted a cheap place to stay. The room has some fairly dated furniture and linens. The bathroom has a full tub and shower, but the tub needed to be refinished (see pics). I pulled back the bedsheets and there were small dark stains on them. The manager was very apologetic and changed them right away. He said a lot of construction workers stay there and if they are working with asphalt, they track it into the rooms and leave it everywhere. The carpet appeared fairly new and clean.

We lucked out and got a room in the back, so we didn't hear any street noise. And we didn't hear any noise from either room to the sides. However, we heard every step of the person above us. They went to bed around 10 pm and woke up at 5 am and walked around until 5:45 am. Each step results in a loud creak - we couldn't sleep through it.

If you do stay here - try to get a 2nd floor room on the back side of the hotel. I "recommend" it because it is what it is and the management doesn't promote it as anything else but a cheap place to stay.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 20 January 2010

The Snoeshoe is not where I would go for luxury accomodations or if I planned to spend my time in the hotel. But for the price and location, you flat out can't beat it if the reason for your trip is outside the hotel.
Hottub after the slopes - check
Mostly friendly guests - check
Friendly staff - check
Nearby restaurants and bars - check (walking distance)

Bottom line - great place for the cost.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
11 Thank SnowboardOnHarley
Colorado
Reviewed 18 January 2010

Nice inexpensive basic motel on main street with walking access to good food and summit county bus stop at the corner. Just hope you don't have LOUD and profane next-room-over people after 10 when the front desk closes. NO response to '0' calls to complain about VERY LOUD and inappropriate partying till after 2 am, even a SECOND night in a row after complaints to a person at the desk then next morning who seemed totally unconcerned. Bring your earplugs! Next time, we'll pay the extra $30+ for a place that would enforce quiet hours after the office closes.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frisco
Hotel Frisco
Ramada Frisco
Ramada Frisco
#4 of 21 in Frisco
Comfort Suites Dillon

Been to Snowshoe Motel? Share your experiences!