“Quality for reasonable price”
Review of Snowshoe Motel

Snowshoe Motel
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Frisco
Reviewed 15 December 2011

We spent a great holidays in the Snowshoe Motel. It has perfect location and friendly emloyees. Salut for Mr.Pol and his work!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
17  Thank Josef T

Reviewed 15 December 2011

Staying at Snowshoe was the best choice in Summit County for our snowboard trip. Motel is clean and for a good price. Accommodation includes breakfast, so there is no reason to run into town every morning. Motel is located on Main street in Frisco, right on the bus stop, so we did not need to rent a car for our trip. The busses goes every 30 min to all nearest ski resorts (Copper, Breck and Keystone) and the trip takes between 15-30 min depending on the resort. It saved our money for car, gas and parking fees in every resort. The stuff at front desk is very friendly and also offer discount lift tickets for skiing/snowboarding. Motel has hot tub and sauna free of charge, that we found very nice after cold days on the slopes. Near the hotel is several shops and restaurants. I recommend this place to everyone who wants to have nice holidays, lot's of snowboarding/skiing and fun in town...

Room Tip: If you like cooking, some rooms have small kitchen.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
16  Thank Martin C
Reviewed 14 December 2011

size of room are good,free breakfast,buses.Friendly staff,nothing wrong with guy in front desk.I will return next sezon.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
16  Thank shonberg
Reviewed 24 October 2011

It was getting dark and we did not have reservations. Very worn hotel but clean sheets. Good price in off season. Continental breakfast that was bare. Man at desk not too friendly.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank awayfromhome1994
Reviewed 24 July 2011

The owner insulted me without cause, threatened me and is very prejuduce against women and Americans. He said we left our dogs unattended for HOURS and he was calling animal control to take them away. My husband and I came alone to lovely Frisco and enjoyed our walk around town then enjoyed dinner at a wonderful place right across the street. We were just about done eating and our daughter showed up with her dogs. My husband went over to let them in then joined me at the restaurant. I left before she ordered to be with the dogs as I believe dogs should not be left alone and I was excited to see them. They were alone 10 to 15 minutes tops. Opon arriving at the room the owner attacked me as I reached the door and other than screaming and threatening me the only thing he would say to me was that we left the dogs alone in the room for HOURS. When I said they were there alone only minutes he called me a liar and said he would only talk to "the man". I tried to explain again and he said "I speak 6 languages and you American women can't even speak one". I took the dogs for a walk and when I returned I could barely hear anything but barking dogs left alone in the room next door. I told the son at the front desk and again I was yelled at called a lier and insulted. He said the barking, yapping dogs next door "just got there and they would settle down". I noticed when walking back to our room everyone there including the patrions spoke Russian. We didn't know we were foriegners in our own country.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Bicycling_in_CO
Reviewed 22 April 2011

Older hotel (but not without its charms), great location in the middle of downtown Frisco (my favorite town in the area). Definitely a bit run-down, but reasonably clean and great for the money. Friendly folks running the place. Since it is a budget place, it sometimes attracts loud partiers --- hard to get around that in a budget resort area... just use your earplugs and you'll be fine!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
12  Thank Yamhillbilly
Reviewed 24 January 2011

First off I’ve never wrote a review for anything, but I had to about this place! This was the third time staying in Frisco and snowboarding at Copper. We were going cheap so we went with the cheapest hotel we could find. Huge mistake! The price was decent, but this was the dirtiest hotel I’ve ever stayed in… The bathroom door and shower door was destroyed and held together by duct tape. The entire place stunk! You can hear anyone outside or in a room next to you. The lady working the front was just plan rude and made us feel like we were interrupting her when we asked for a TV remote and roll away bed. I agree it’s just a place to sleep, but for $10-$15 more a night the hotels jump up in accommodations in Frisco. Although the location was nice this was the worst lodging experience I’ve ever had staying in a hotel! Please, please choose another hotel or you will be sorry!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank CustomKC
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frisco
Alpine Inn
Ramada Frisco
Ramada Frisco
#4 of 21 in Frisco
Best Western Ptarmigan Lodge

Been to Snowshoe Motel? Share your experiences!