“Fab Food after a Fun Filled Day”
Review of Boatyard Pizzeria & Grill - CLOSED

Boatyard Pizzeria & Grill
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

Boatyard Pizzeria and Grill is located in the center of historic Frisco, Colorado. This sleepy little town is growing quickly seemingly trying to catch up with it's better known neighbors like Breckinridge and Vail but still retaining it's small local charm. My family spent a day on the slopes at Copper and we were hungry. Dealing with grumpy preteens tired and dehydrated is always challenging, but for us adults the cliche' bar burger and pizza gets old real quick. Boatyard has these expected staples of course, but in addition to a much more extensive and well thought out menu infused with the flavors of Baja. We started with the red chili deviled eggs- spicy, rich - yum! The beer selections were vast, heavily weighted on the local brews and front range beers. They brought out fresh scorching hot slabs of focaccia bread oiled and seasoned to munch on. Kids demanded the pizza which had an amazingly rich tomatoey sauce and expected fresh toppings. Come on we have all eaten good pizza, but this was really good, a step above, and I was not even hungry at this point. We shared an order of the Wahoo soft tacos. The cubed fish was seasoned and broiled to crispy outer perfection, but soft, flakey juicy inside. The roasted poblano, tomatillo salsa that accompanied these tacos was "literally" the best I have ever tasted. Made me wish that I would of ordered the roasted poblano corn chowder soup du jour. The other details of our taco plate like the token rice :roasted chili, mango cilantro rice seemed to emanate this restaurants approach and attention to even the smallest of details. They were proud of their food and this was reflected in the prices. Our server Tim was well versed in the intricacies of the menu and the numerous mouth watering specials. Check this place out!

Reviewed 14 March 2014

We go to the Boatyard a lot and I do not eat Pizza. It is definitely a locals' favorite in a resort town, whether you are meeting up with girlfriends for lunch or a drink in the bar, or entertaining out of town guests. It also has a wonderful outdoor patio for the summer. Good food, friendly staff, a casual atmosphere that does not match the quality of the food which I find gourmet.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

As a frequent visitor to Frisco CO to ski, I often dine out after a big day on the mountain. The Boatyard is usually my first choice. Happy hour drinks are affordable, the appetizers are superb, and the dinners are first rate. The servers and bartenders are friendly, and focused on making sure you have a good time to go with your good food. Highly recommend the Boatyard!

Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

We picked the Boatyard after a great day if skiing at Copper. Everybody in our party had a great meal...the wahoo fish tacos, the portabella mushroom sandwich, the pasta creole and turkey sandwich...all very tasty!

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

We stopped at the Boatyard after a day of shopping in Silverthorne, Co. This is a tradition whenever we are in the area. The food and drinks are always good. My tortilla soup with vegetable broth was such a treat! (And delicious! ) The tomato bisque was great as well. Would definitely recommend.