“So helpful and knowledgeable!”
Review of Pioneer Sports

Pioneer Sports
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Stopped by here on my way from Denver to Breck to pick up a pair of skis, poles and boots for the day. The place has absolutely everything you could possibly need, the guys were super friendly and helpful and I was in and out in 10 minutes tops. The location could not be more convenient and I will definitely be back. Thanks y'all!

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Courteous and attentive. I had to have my bindings remounted and folks at Pioneer had all everything necessary for a quick turnaround. I had gone to one other "premier" ski shop in Frisco first and was directed by them to try Pioneer. Sure enough, they solved my remounting issue quickly. Very fair prices and a nice retail store as well.

1  Thank cageranch
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We have used Pioneer Sports in summer and winter for the past two years. It is the best place in town for buying, repairing or renting bicycles, and for arranging for rafting trips and Vail Pass runs in summer. In the winter they are great for buying, renting or repairing skis and ski equipment as well as a good selection of outdoor clothing for any season. We have also bought a bike rack and overhead storage unit for our car there. The staff members are all very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. We live in Frisco now, and they are the place we continue to use.

1  Thank David C
Reviewed 5 July 2012

In June 2012 my family of 4 rented bikes from Pioneer Sports in Frisco, CO and rode down Vail Pass ending in the quaint town of Frisco, CO. We stopped in the ski town of Keystone along the way for a picnic lunch and a walk around the ski town. The trip was wonderful and the scenery along the way was beautiful. My girls are 11 and 14 and this was one of the best memories of our 12-day trip through Colorado.

Pioneer Sports is located in Frisco beside the Walmart right on the bike path. The great thing about their location is they have a big parking lot behind their shop that enables you to really try out your bike and feel comfortable before heading up to Vail Pass via their shuttle. The shop really wants each person to feel safe and comfortable on their bike and fits each person individually. They were so patient with my 11 year old that needed to be fit carefully to several bikes and helmets since she was in-between bike sizes. I was impressed with their attention to safety for my family.

On our way up to the top of the pass (over 10,000"), our driver drove us through Main Street in Frisco and told us many good restaurants we could try before returning our bikes. He also told us about the stops along the Pass and took a family picture before we headed down the mountain. He informed us about the Pass safety rules since we were not avid riders like many on the Pass. He wanted us to try our bikes out one more time before sending us down the mountain.

The next day we rented bikes again from Pioneer and rode from Frisco to Lake Dillon and back. The manager of the shop gave us a discount for the multiple day rental. I will definitely use Pioneer Sports again in the future.

Marie from Suwanee, GA

Been to Pioneer Sports? Share your experiences!