Building,Office Building,High Rise,Downtown,Town
Building,High Rise,Downtown,Town,City Building,Cottage,Downtown,Neighborhood,Town
Check Availability
Bathroom,Indoors,Room,Toilet,Dining Room
Jacuzzi,Tub,Roof,Building,Villa
Furniture,Table,Indoors,Room
Indoors,Room,Dining Room,Tree,Furniture
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

ic0131
Denver, Colorado
“Not a great experience”
Reviewed 8 February 2018 for a stay in January 2018

The place was nice, fireplace was inviting, it had all the dishes/cookware we needed and in a good location. However, there were a few things that I was not happy about...

First, the hot tub was a nice amenity we were looking forward to but we used it only once after the first soak was uncomfortable. It reeked of chemicals and the higher we set the jets the worse the smell. To the point we all felt irritation in the eyes and nose. After getting out, we felt itchy. I have no idea when the last time they flushed it was but I think they put more chemicals in there than water.

Second, 3 bedrooms is inaccurate. There's one room with a murphy bed and when it is down you cannot close the door so you have no privacy. They even have a sign stating to leave the door open so you can get out (in case of emergency). Nice! Also, when we brought the bed down the mattress was not covered/wrapped with a sheet. I should have taken a picture but they just put what looked like a couple of ripped sheets on it. This room had no blankets or a comforter so we had to lend one from another room.

Third, on the day of checkout they didn't bother to let us know they were going to do fire alarm testing. We were getting our stuff together and had to put up with the very loud alarm. It would have been nice if someone at least let us know this was going to happen. I cannot imagine this was not known to them days in advance.

A couple other things... Every place I've ever stayed at had at least small bottles of shampoo and conditioner. This place had none. Even cheap hostels I've stayed at had these items. If you wanna stay here bring your own. Also, don't look forward to having fun playing table tennis. It looks nice in the picture but the table is falling apart and the paddles and balls are the cheapest you can find at walmart.

Lastly, the office staff is very impersonal and robotic. They never asked how things went so I returned their door opener and didn't bother complaining about anything. I never even got a thank you on arrival or departure.

If I remember correctly, this place was rated as a 4-star. I do not agree. I would not recommend and suggest looking elsewhere.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
8 Feb 2018
Hello Israel,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. Your input, and feedback from all of our guests is vitally important to us and we always want guest expectations to be met upon arrival. Due to your comments, we have alerted the property manager with your feedback and they are addressing the issues with the property. Our Red Awning standard’s top priorities are remarkable hospitality, service, and cleanliness for our guests. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. We hope to see you again in the future and you can reach us directly through guest@redawning.com.

Warm regards,
Red Awning
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing