“They treated us better than family!”

Baymont Inn & Suites Lake Dillon
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Frisco
Reviewed 6 November 2011

We were on our way from Las Vegas, NV to Omaha, NE and was unexpectedly stranded after totaling our 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan less than 1 mile away from the Hotel. The rescue team escorted us to the Hotel to safety. The police asked where my husband with a disability and two young daughters wanted to go. He said he wanted to go somewhere affordable and the police took them to the Best Western. They were in a room within minutes and trying to recouperate after just loosing our only transportation and our apartment and 75% of our possessions in this world. We were only traveling with clothes and bedding and some wheelchairs.
We were having a traumatic 24 hours but felt comfortable at BW. We didn't have even our necessities at the hotel so they provided them to us. We were so grateful for the wonderful breakfast! We especially loved the variety of breakfast items and the convenience of the self service. Love those Belgian waffles and all the presentations of the foods. For a family that lost everything in a short time, have disabilities and are unemployed, we felt more welcome and not discriminated than ever. Our own families refused to help us out in our predicament! We couldn't have asked for a better stay. When it was time for check-out we were stranded and homeless. We had no money and couldn't even get our things out of the remaining wreckage until insurance took care of the towing expenses. We needed more time to take care of business but had no money to work with. Deneb the caring management took compassion on us and called around for us to find away to our destination of our new life in Omaha. She called places like the rental place for a temporary vehicle, a bus ticket inquiry, a plane cost and transportation options.
We have a special case because we had too many items in the wreckage to go by bus and too costly to go by plane. The rental car would be covered by my insurance company. Problem was we had a $27,000 wheelchair in the van that my husband is totally dependent on because those are like his "legs". Because we needed more time to arrange travel, Deneb found an outside organization that gifted two extra nights stay to figure out our problems. Since we have two children we couldn't rent a handicapped room because they only have one bed in those rooms. The night clerk found us a shower chair to accommodate our situation. Ironically we had two shower chairs in the wreckage with NO access to them.
Deneb was in contact with the towing yard and the rental company to help keep track of the status for us. Other than the beds felt weird every employee made our stay enjoyable and comfortable. Even housekeeping was concerned for us. This was a VERY friendly place and even every guest talked to us and said how much they love BW! We have never been to a friendlier place then this, and due to our circumstances, we actually enjoyed our unexpected visit and our warm welcome! If we ever had to go back to Colorado we would go out of our way to stay there again. It was very clean and well organized too. How many people would go out of their way to help stranded families with their affairs? Thanks to Deneb and her awesome staff, we made it safely to our destination and have erased the bad memories of the accident that left us at least in the comfort and beauty of Colorado. Thanks for treating us like family BW! David and Deanna Kilton & girls

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 October 2011

We spend time in Summit County 3-4 times a year. Frisco is one of our favorite places in Colorado. We love the BW because they are pet friendly and have very nice rooms. The front desk staff is wonderful - welcoming and very helpful. We recommend the BW Lake Dillon Lodge.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side are quiet and away from I-70 - beautiful views of the mountain range on the e...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2011

I will not go back. Have stayed at BW in Frisco before and was OK, but last time was awful. Stayed for 4 days in summer. The room was noisy because of traffic and loud air/heat unit. The sheets has holes and the pillows were uncomfortable. What really irritated me was the wifi would not work and the front desk people were indifferent. Keep saying would be fixed soon, but never happened. I would rather have no electricity or water than lack wifi. I thought my concerns treated badly by the front desk people and manager never did contact me.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2011

I spent one night here and moved to the Holiday Inn across the street. This place is greatly in need of a makeover. There was a funky smell to the place when I was there that cleaning won't get rid off. There is no restaurant on the property, and the continental breakfast was worthless. To be fair, the rooms were clean.

I talked to people at the front desk who said it is under new ownership, and the new owners do plan some renovations and to re-open the restaurant. Until then, I'd avoid it.

And one last comment - because there haven't been recent renovations here, it isn't as handicapped friendly as the Holiday Inn across the street.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2011

We just held a women firefighter conference at the Lake Dillon Lodge for approximately 90-100 people. Every moment of working with the hotel was a pleasure and they made it easy. All staff were very accommodating, professional and super helpful. All attendees commented on how clean and comfortable the rooms were (newly remodeled, new beds). The location was excellent - there are several restaurants, a grocery store and a Walmart within one block. From the coordinator position as well as the attendee perspective, we give Lake Dillon Lodge a "10" all around. Thank you so much for providing a superb experience.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, but the Suites are extra roomy and have the mini fridge/microwave. Don't dr...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 October 2011

Just off I-70 and within walking distance of shops and restaurants, this hotel is ideally placed for visiting places such as Vail, Breckenridge and Lake Dillon. The reception staff were very welcoming and friendly and gave us a good list of restaurant recommendations. Our room was spacious and comfortable in an area of the hotel designated as a quiet zone - and it certainly was quiet. They serve a complimentary continental breakfast which was more than enough to set us up for the day.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2011

In mid August I had a couple days where I could engage is some recreation after spending a week in the Denver area on business. Since I was alone, a fancy place is was necessary. This hotel met my needs for a base for hiking and biking around the area. The location is great, the room was fine. Bed was fine for me. The place looks a little dated and worn, but not awful. Walls were a little thin, so noise was sometimes an issue. My staff interations were minimal, and there were no issues.

Since I had to get up real early the first morning (out the door by 5:00 AM to be at the trail head to Mt. Elbert by 6), I did not have a chance to sample the breakfast. But, did take a few samples the next morning, and found it to be the usual muffins, waffles, breads, cerials, etc. Kind of light on the protein offerings. Nothing spectacular. I grabbed a couple of these carbs and later had an early lunch at KFC before biking 35 miles.

Would I stay here again; probably if it is just me or if I had my son (and hiking buddy) with me. If I had my wife with me, I would look for something a little more upscale. We generally like to use Hampton Inns or Court Yards when we travel together. They are necessarily fancy, but a bit more refined.

Oh, one more thing. Like most hotels, the Wi-Fi is unsecured. It looks like the last night I was there, my computer got busted into, and loaded with many viruses/malware/spyware/etc. The stuff busted through and disabled my firewall. Ended up wiping the hard drive and reloadin the OS and all my software in order to fix the infection. I suppose this could happen at any hotel that has an unsecure network, but budget type hotels like this make me more concerned.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frisco
Alpine Inn
Best Western Ptarmigan Lodge
Snowshoe Motel
Snowshoe Motel
#5 of 21 in Frisco

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Lake Dillon? Share your experiences!