“Dirty Rooms, Very Unaccommodating Staff!”

Baymont Inn & Suites Lake Dillon
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Frisco
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I am a repeat visitor of this hotel and it was great in the past. However, this past year the management and ownership had changed. The rooms are filthy and the bathrooms weren't cleaned or stocked everyday like they should have been. Had to get my own fresh towels everyday. Once I booked my rooms, which I had a group of 20 so I had multiple rooms, I could not get any help or information from the management about my questions or concerns regarding my stay. Always on hold and at the end of my trip it was almost impossible to obtain a comment card to leave my opinions about my stay. They have also not updated their liquor license so they have completely closed the restaurant and bar which was a very convenient asset to the hotel in years past. It took them 4 hours past our check in time for them to get our rooms clean and the manager Marsha was not willing to even let us unload our luggage into a spare storage room while we waited. Please take my advice and do not stay here because it put a damper and hassle on our trip.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank tyler m

Reviewed 11 April 2012

Ownership of this hotel has recently changed and there is a lack of management.
The new owners are only interested in filling hotel rooms and have given up their liquor licence
and closed the restaurant. A continental breakfast is provided but this is only average.
The rooms are well maintained but the lack of a bar and restaurant is a major drawback and
the owners should consider leasing this to an outside company,

Best aspect of the hotel is its location for the ski resorts of Summit County. Breckenridge, Keystone and Copper Mountain are all 7 to 10 miles away and can be reached on the free-of-charge Summit Stage from the nearby Frisco Transportation Centre.. Vail and Beaver Creek are 25 to 35 miles west on I-70 and car owners can visit Loveland ski area on top of the Eisenhower Tunnel on I-70. The outlet malls at Silverthorne and Dillon are also on the free bus services.

This was an outstanding hotel only a few years ago, but might soon become a hotel only catering for student groups. This would be a great pity as it has tremendous potentional for
redevlopment.

Room Tip: Executive rooms can take up to three queen-size beds and are ideal for families..
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank GrampianScotland
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Without a doubt, this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. It is dreary and depressing to say the least. We actually drove around the hotel looking for the main entrance as we mistook the actual entrance for a service entrance. The reception area, outside and in, is dated and uninviting. The staff is a hit and miss, and quite frankly, the young man who was on duty in the evenings we stayed here had a couldn't care less attitude. At least he was honest about the breakfast when he told us that the only reason to eat it was because it was free. The dining area was in keeping with the rest of the hotel - dull, dingy and dated, and could not accommodate the number of guests staying at the hotel. It was standing room only for a most basic of breakfasts, made worse by paper plates, plastic utensils and styrofoam cups. The rooms were at least roomy, but that's as good as it gets. There was a musty smell, the same as in the room where our luggage was stored, as no clean rooms were ready when we arrived. The pillows were lumpy and uncomfortable. The bathroom was tiny, the phone never worked, there was no fridge, and the air con unit was extremely noisy. We had the misfortune to be there at the same time as a noisy, teenage school party. Between them, the pillows and the noisy air con, rest and relaxation was most certainly not on the menu. The best thing about the hotel is the location, easy access on and off the highway and close to amenities, but then, so are several other modern hotels within a stone's throw of this dump. My recommendation, other than demolition and rebuilding is to avoid this hotel. It most certainly is not a BEST Western.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Clanmac5
Reviewed 27 March 2012

After skiing at Keystone, it took around 15 minutes to drive to this hotel. The next day we skied at Breckenridge, which was another 15-20 minutes away. So it's a relatively convenient location (right off of I-70), though if you stay on floors 1 or 2, the road noise is noticeable.

Soon after we checked in, we noticed our sink was partially draining onto the carpet below. We called down to the front desk, and the employee told us he will move us to another room. We figured the toiletries would be the same in the new room, though when we moved to the new room, we noticed we didn't have all the toiletries as the first room. Luckily we brought our own from home.

Our room was spacious with two queen beds and a partial view of a mountain, which was nice. We could hear the rush of traffic below from the second floor, but on the third floor it was barely noticeable. The area near the sink was small, but the counter space near the TV and the table near the window provided enough space for our things. The bathroom itself was pretty small, with just enough space for the tub and toilet. The bathroom had a fan for ventilation, which I feel is always a big plus. Most everything in the room seemed to be recently updated, and it all seemed to be relatively clean... except for the towels. The towels smelled fresh, though the majority of them had multiple stains and/or dried gunk (I won't get graphic, but some of the colors were dark brown and red). Ick!

The free breakfast included cereal, bagels, pastries, yogurt, waffles, coffee, hot chocolate, and maybe a few other items. There was a good amount to choose from, though there were very few healthy options (yogurt was full of artificial ingredients and preservatives, other offerings tasted synthetic). The breakfast room was also very crowded, and many people had to take their food back to their rooms.

We only came in contact with the front desk employees upon check-in and check-out. Both seemed pleasant and decent.
A vending machine with drinks was conveniently on level 3, and the ice machine was on level 2.
Parking is convenient and free in the lot.
We didn't use the pool or jacuzzi.

Overall this was a good no-frills hotel that we would consider staying at again, especially on days when room rates at ski resorts are $500+.

Room Tip: Rooms on floors 3 and up have less traffic noise. Being off of a busy interstate, this can make a b...
Reviewed 10 March 2012

We stayed at Best Western because we had "won" a stay for the price of some cash and giving GTL a 90 minute (Er 4 hour) tour of a time share. We are a family of 5. The place is very clean with a wonderful breakfast. 24 hour hot chocolate, coffee and tea in the lobby. We had a 3 queen suite. The bathroom is tiny for this many people. The pool was wonderfully warm. We spent hours in the pool each day! The jacuzzi has seen better days. It was 106 degrees and the jets did not function properly. It was very clean though. If you just need a place to stay while skiing this is a great lodge. I am not aware of what the room costs per night because of the promotion we had. People seemed happy. It is a little noisy early in the morning when people were getting ready to hit the slopes.
If GTL's purpose in putting us there was to get us feeling claustrophobic they didnt quite succeed. We know they put you in a small room so you will appreciate the condos they show you. We appreciated a nice place to stay and get away for the weekend! Thanks.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Very easy to get to and Frisco is a super cute mountain town. The views are gorgeous! The jacuzzi was nice but the second night we returned and it was closed for construction. Not the classiest hotel, but mostly clean and worth the $135/night fee. The ski rental inside the hotel is very convenient.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

I have stayed at some great higher end hotels that didn't cost $180/ night and gave me much more bang for my buck then the Best Western in Frisco, CO. My husband was volunteering with the Special Olympics today, so we stayed there last night. We made our reservation over a week ago for a king suite with a pull out couch because our kids were going to come with us.

As soon as you walk in, the smell of the chlorine from the pool across the building fills your nostrils. The pool is tiny and only fits around 10 people. I don't know what the hot tub looks like as it was around the corner and up some stairs and I was already irritated with our check in process.

We got there at 3:00 and were asked to come back at 4:30. No invitation to use the pool or the hot tub while we waited. It was windy, snowy and freezing outside, but found a small art gallery in Breckenridge to kill some time in. We went back at 4:45 and waited for 15 mins to be checked in. They do allow you to stay till 1:00pm with no extra charge or until 7:00pm with a $20 charge provided nobody is in your room the next day.

We went up to room 417. The elevator only fits 3 people and the one on the left only works half of the time. The room was dated, musky smelling and it was two queen beds. Not what we reserved last week. When I called the front desk, they first said they didn't know why the reservation said 2 queens and that they were sold out and couldn't do anything, then magically found us a regular king room when I kept pressing (not the suite though). Luckily our kids didn't come with us, so the regular king worked out. We went back down to the front desk for about 10 mins then back up to room 233.

This room is right above the pool and is extremely humid. There was condensation dripping off of the windows. We turned on the A/C and it sounded like a John Deere tractor! We had to crank the volume up on the tv so loud, I'm sure we were bothering our neighbors. There were wires hanging out from under the A/C, thank goodness we didn't have babies crawling around that could play with those. Holes in the walls, filthy electrical outlets, old dated bathroom tile, a thin crummy shower mat that floats around your feet, mirror sits back almost 3 ft from the sink so you can't see yourself when you do your makeup, and a huge bulky old tv.

The bed seemed ok, there were 4 pillows that were extremely old and squished. I woke up two times every hour because I couldn't sleep on the bed. The A/C would go from one extreme to the other.

Breakfast was nasty. Waffles and OJ were the only good parts. The biscuits and gravy were a joke. The biscuits were hard as a rock and the gravy was made of some sort of jelly substance, not even palatable. And the coffee tasted like mildew (the smell of 3 day old moldy coffee grounds). The coffee in the room tasted just as bad.

The only good thing I can say is that housekeeping seems to do a good job with cleaning. The tiles in the bathroom were clean, the linens and bedspread seemed cleaned and no stains on the carpet. And the girl that checked me out was much friendly and nicer then the two guys that checked us in.

These rooms do not look anything like the professional pictures on their website. They are dated and have been "remodeled" with horrible construction. They didn't even bother patching up or painting over where they took out the old light fixture over the sink. The carpet was pulling away from the wall because it wasn't tacked properly. The shower head was super funny. I've replaced showerheads several times, and I've never seen such a long curved pipe going UP towards the ceiling. Very bizarre and hard to reach. I almost needed a step stool!

I will not stay here again and do not advise this hotel unless you absolutely have to. OH another thing that upset me, they didn't put any de-icer in the driveway or parking lot!! I almost landed on my butt 3 times because of this! And there were MANY physically handicapped individuals staying here. The hotel staff should have thought about this before hand for safety precautions.

Also, they charge a $20 incidental fee that gets released 3-5 days later. I will NEVER stay at this place again. When you first walk into the building, they sure try to make it look upgraded and remodeled, but it is just a front. When you see the rooms, they look dated and cheaply finished with poor construction. A new bedspread and light fixture over the sink do not constitute "remodeled." NOTHING like their pictures. And I think majority of their reviews are from employees or spammers as there is no way possible this place is even worth 2 stars!

1  Thank Charity V
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frisco
Alpine Inn
Best Western Ptarmigan Lodge
Snowshoe Motel
Snowshoe Motel
#5 of 21 in Frisco

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Lake Dillon? Share your experiences!