“This Place Stinks!”

Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Frisco
mamandaaa00
“This Place Stinks!”
Reviewed 8 July 2008

We stayed at this Best Western for two nights and let me tell you, we are never doing that again!

When we first opened our hotel room door, the odor was unbearable. It smelt like someone had smoked and had tried to cover it up, or like bad BO and old hot dogs! My kids were complaining and so we complained to the front desk. The front desk sent up room service to see what the smell was, and the maid wiped down the sink and the toilet with her spray bottle. No Help! We complained again and this time, the manager then came up to the room and said 'it smells a little musty but just run your AC and it should be fine.' I have kids and I know a bad smell when I smell one! I told him that this room was not just 'a little musty' and he then implied that WE were the ones stinking! I told him the room smelt like this from the moment we walked in and it was NOT us! He told us he could not do anything about it.

When we woke up in the morning, no one had got a good night sleep and the kids felt nauseated from the smell. We requested a different room and they gave us a room on a different floor. This room only had 2 beds and our previous one had 3. They offered to give us a roll away cot, but we would have to pay $30 extra for it. We went up to our new room and it still stunk like smoke! We decided to keep the room with 3 beds and rough it out for one more night.

Later that day, we talked to other people staying in the hotel and they had told us that the floor they put us on -floor 2- was the pet floor! I was outraged that they had put our family on the pet floor when we did not have any pets with us!

We left the hotel feeling very relieved and I know that we are never EVER doing that again! I advise this Best Western to tear the whole place down and rebuild or do an extreme makeover. I am almost positive that the smell is in the walls and carpet. I do not advise anyone who is looking for a pleasant stay, or having to put up with a terrible odor, to stay at this dump.

• Liked — pool/spa
  • Disliked — smell, service, run-down rooms
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Glenview, Illinois
Reviewed 11 March 2008

Spent Friday and Saturday nights, March 7 and 8, 2008. The hotel is conventiently located right off I-70 in Frisco, Colorado. It is within a ten minute drive of four ski resorts: Keystone, Arapahoe Basin, Breckenridge and Copper Mountain. It is slightly over 30 minutes to Vail and another ten minutes from there will get you to Beaver Creek.

The rate I received for a weekend during high season was reasonable for Colorado ski area standards. Even though it's not the newest hotel it was exceptionally clean. The towels were nice and soft and in very good shape. And did I mention the staff was very friendy and helpful.

I would highly recommend this hotel to any traveler.

• Liked — Bathroom was absolutely clean.
  • Disliked — Not applicable
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled solo
2 Thank Glenskok
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 29 February 2008

We stayed one night at the Best Western for a couple days of skiing. The room was acceptable, a bit shabby (older fixtures, some holes in sheets). Acceptably clean.
The pool and the hot tub are below average. The pool is rather small and the hot tub didn't look very clean.
The price was right, room acceptable, the staff was nice. I just don't recommend staying if you want to enjoy a pool and/or hot tub.

• Liked — Price and location
  • Disliked — Pool and hot tub
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with family
Colorado
Reviewed 9 February 2008

After checking in we tried to use the phone in our room. It didn,t work so I took it to the front desk and tried to get a different phone. I was told I couldn't get another one until the next day.In the amenities it has free local calls I was under the impression there would be a working phone in the room Boy was I wrong.

• Liked — it was close to Breckinridge
  • Disliked — they wouldn't accomadate us with a phone and did not replace the regular coffee or cups the next day
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travellers are raving about these Frisco hotels

denver
Reviewed 5 February 2008

While the accommodations are standard...for a Best Western let's talk about the service!!! First of all the power goes out for just under an hour, I leave my room to see what is going on and was reprimanded by the front desk to “go to your room.” Then upon leaving I receive a receipt for $139, while quoted 126+ taxes which is accurate, my Credit Card and was charged $165 plus $200 for SMOKING!!! I am a non-smoker despise cigarettes and have been told that the housekeeping personnel “smelled smoke!!!” Their word against mine…they win! I am working with the corporate office, after leaving numerous voicemails for the GM to resolve this issue…but if you have better things to do than fight unauthorized charges I strongly suggest that you find other accommodations.

Stayed February 2008
USA
Reviewed 25 January 2008

I'm not normally a negative reviewer, and to be honest, if you are looking for a cheap hotel, then you should typically expect to get what you pay for. However, this place was far worse then we expected. For starters, we are from Denver, and come up to frisco every weekend to go skiing We typically stay in different hotels every week depending on what is the cheapest, and what has availability. Compared to the Alpine and Summit Inns, the Beat Western is not even close. The rooms are old and desperately need a makeover. I stayed here 10 years ago, and the bed spreads are still the same. And speaking of old, the tv is a Zenith! I'm not sure, but I think they went out of business back in 94'. And here lies the problem. Everything is outdated, old and not kept up. The room smells ok, and its relatively clean, but everything is just old. Plus, in this price range, they should include a continental breakfast. Everyone else does! But the icing on the cake is that the internet connection, and the cable connection went out intermittently the whole night. It got so bad that we couldnt even watch the tv, and I had to give up on getting any work done of my computer. I went down to ask the front desk what was wrong and they blamed it on the weather. We come up here every weekend and have NEVER had this problem with any other hotel. They apologized but would not take anything off the bill and that to me is just unacceptable. If the internet and the TV are not usuable, then they are not providing what they should be and guests should be comped. This is just bad business. I would not recommend staying here because there are other choices that are cheaper. The Alpine is $39 less per night and offers more in my opinion.

• Stayed January 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank maldivian_boy
neversummer80
Reviewed 22 October 2007

A few of my friends and I had planned to stay at Copper Mountain over the long Thanksgiving weekend but, after the folks at Copper Mountain had completely mangled our reservations, we needed to find somewhere else to stay in a hurry. We were determined not to scrap the whole weekend over a reservation SNAFU. Our only worry was finding someplace else close to Copper, and more importantly, could accomodate 7 people right away. We thought we'd be heading back to Denver for sure.

After a quick phone call to the Best Western, the lady at the front desk said "No problem" and they had a room with three queen beds...and it was available for the whole weekend. Also, we paid under half of what we would've spent for a room at Copper.

Sure, it wasn't Copper Village and the room was a little, ummm...1987. But the staff was very friendly, the room was clean, and all the amenities were in working order. What else do you need?

We all had a great time that weekend and you saved our Thanksgiving ski trip, Best Western. Look for us over Thanksgiving this year, because we'll definitely be back!

• Liked — Location/accessability
  • Disliked — cramped bathroom area
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frisco
Alpine Inn
Snowshoe Motel
#5 of 21 in Frisco
Comfort Suites Dillon
Best Western Ptarmigan Lodge

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Lake Dillon? Share your experiences!