“Most Helpful Staff EVER”

Baymont Inn & Suites Lake Dillon
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Frisco
Reviewed 9 June 2010

We happened upon this hotel purely by chance. I wasn't looking forward to staying because I've had really bad experiences in the past with hotels under the "Best Western" name. Turns out, I needn't have worried. It ended up being one of the best stays we've had anywhere!

This hotel is clean, the rooms are updated, and the location, on the edge of Frisco, Colorado, is convenient to many local ski areas and popular outdoor activity destinations. What sets the hotel apart, however, is the STAFF.

The night we checked in, the front desk attendant, a wonderful man named Dee, immediately made us feel welcome with his caring and helpful attitude. He set us up with a very well located room at a great rate. He gave us a heads-up on the best places to eat and offered several publications containing discount coupons. One would hope that this would be the modus opperandi of all hotels, but sadly, it is not.

Dee also helped us find an honest mechanic when we had car trouble, which was HUGE. Being stranded on the side of the road is not a pleasant thing, made much worse when you don't know where to turn for help. Problem solved! The rest of the staff that we had occasion to interact with, without exception, were very friendly and always had a genuine smile ready.

As for the hotel itself... First word: CLEAN. And I'm very picky. There are no "weird smells" in the hotel anywhere and none in the room. I deliberately looked for things that weren't clean and could find none. The pool and two hot tubs are great. Your kids will love it. The free continental breakfast is offered from 7 to 10am and includes a wide variety of baked goods, yogurt, fruit, juice and coffee, and waffles made fresh, among other items. It really is more than "continental."

Delicious cookies are offered at the front desk. There is a book of local menus in the lobby, so you can know ahead of time where you want to go. Board games are also available in the lobby. There is a guest laundry on the 2nd and 4th floors, $1 per load. Cable tv offers a ton of channels, and there is free wi-fi access. Great news: Pets are allowed, for a $20 non-refundable charge!!

Our room had two queen beds, which were very comfortable and had great pillows. The bathroom features a *very* high shower head (great for the tall folks) and a curved shower rod. The room's a/c and heat unit functioned well and without annoying sounds. There is plenty of lighting. A microwave and small fridge would have been great, but those might be available in other rooms, I don't know. There could be a few more electrical outlets--our family has four ipods, four cell phones, and a laptop, all needing charging overnight.

If you find yourself in Frisco or the surrounding area, I highly recommend this hotel. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 April 2010

My stay at the Frisco ,Co Best Western was wondeful . The rooms are affordable and clean. The staff was polite and courteous. With 3 ski resorts within driving distance the location is good,

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 April 2010

I find all areas of the visit to this hotel to be thumbs up.The desk staff is curtious and professinal .The hotel is very clean and friendly .The rooms are clean and comfortable. And the lounge is friendly and just what you would hope for in a mountain resort town accented by the bartender "Dee".Eric and Erin along with Adrian run a hotel that has been nothing short of terrific

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 April 2010

Great location room prices are ok friendly people the room was very clean totally love the pool, housekeeping service very good. I will love to stay again.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2010

This hotel is always a sure thing when staying in Summit County. I've stayed here on multiple occasions for various reasons and my experiences are consistent. The staff is super friendly, personable, and knowledgeable of the area and all its offerings. It doesn't matter what I might be looking for, they always know the answer. The restaurant is closed, but they still provide one of the best continental breakfasts which is included with the price of the room.

Occasionally when I arrive a bit early (middle of the afternoon) the staff is still cleaning rooms and I can't get checked in until 4. But they're cool about it. One of the neat little programs they've got going on is a late checkout for Sunday, which works super well for getting around the typical "back to Denver" traffic from the weekend. For only $20, they let you have the room until 7PM Sunday night, which is plenty of extra time to get off the mountain, get a bite to eat, got back to the hotel, take a dip in the hot tub, shower and get into some comfy clothes for the ride back down the mountain.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 April 2010

We decided to stay here after canceling another reservation due to scathing reviews. What a great choice! My son and I went on a skiing weekend and wanted a centrally located place to launch from for the day. Within minutes we were at Breckenridge, Keystone, Copper or Loveland. Loveland? Yes this was suggested by the staff and was absolutely the best value and skiing we had all weekend.

The hotel staff was absolutely great! When checking in at the front desk, the clerk was very helpful and knowledgeable about the area. He gave us tips on where to ski each day, restaurants to visit and places to see. Everyone in the hotel was helpful and concerned that our stay was pleasant.

The breakfast is average and can get you going in the morning. There was a waffle maker, cereal, fruit, coffee, danish, hard boiled egg, and yogurt. There are also biscuits and gravy but the biscuits were over done and rock solid every day.

The rooms were very clean and well maintained. The décor is standard budget hotel fair but the bed was really comfortable. Sleeping came easy on a comfortable bed after keeping up with an 11 year old all day on the mountain.

The indoor pool was very nice and the two hot tubs were clean and relaxing after a day of skiing.

Great value, great service, great location!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Shellman89
BestWesternGM, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Lake Dillon, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2010

We are pleased that you had such a wonderful time and we hope to see you again next year. Thanks again.

Reviewed 5 April 2010

First let me say that the picture of the room posted is not what I got. I got a very dated room with a bedspread that looked like it was from the 1970's but this is not why I am writting. I did not enjoy my stay at this hotel as my first impression was very poor. I arrived just around 3:30pm and was told that housekeeping was still cleaning my room. The whole lobby was full of travelers waiting for their rooms as housekeeping had not cleaned their rooms either. Check in is 4:00pm but it puzzeled me that the whole lobby full of more than a dozen guest were waiting for a clean room. Then at 4:00pm the desk clerk announced that all the rooms were ready and it was a free for all. This is still not the reason I write today.
The final insult was after reaching my next destination I looked up my bank account and noticed that the hotel charged me an additional 20.00???? I called and inquired only to be told that they charge an extra 20.00 just in case I have incidentals? What I didn't have incidentals? The front desk clerk told me it would be credited back to my bank account in 5 days. Well this is very unethical as I never authorized this deduction. No where on my statement does it say anything about this charge.

So I got thinking they have 120+ rooms if each guest is charged this 20.00 that is 2400.00 x 5 days = 12,000 that goes into their bank account to make some interest I'm sure but wait this is continues every day of the week based on of course 100% occupancy. I really am annoyed and believe this unauthorized charge is crossing the line.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frisco
Alpine Inn
Ramada Frisco
#3 of 21 in Frisco
Best Western Ptarmigan Lodge
Comfort Suites Summit County

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Lake Dillon? Share your experiences!