“Great location & reasonably priced...”

Holiday Inn Frisco - Breckenridge
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Frisco
GreenLeadersGold level
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
“Great location & reasonably priced...”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We arrived before noon and were pleasantly surprised to find out that we were able to check in early. Eva, (front desk) was very personable and customer oriented. Our room was comfortable and clean. The location is ideal for skiers…Breckenridge, Keystone, A-Basin.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Barbara K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Perthshire, Scotland
Reviewed 25 February 2014

My room was not large but it was at least clean. The two stars are for this alone. However, the rest of the hotel needs serious work.

The corridors are gloomy and dark, and quite creepy. The second floor corridors smell musty.

I checked in around 10pm. On getting to my room I checked the hotel guide for the pool hours as I enjoy an evening swim. The guide clearly stated 8am-11pm. I navigated down to the pool area (not easy!) to find the hours were posted as being 8am-10pm. So no swim, although as the door was held open with a trash can anyone could have gone in. There were towels on the floor and the basket was overflowing.

I went to use the guest laundry to find it was absolutely disgusting. Litter all over the floor and it looked (and smelled like it hadn't been cleaned for days).

I needed to print something so tried to use the business center. The printer wouldn't work as the cartridge was low so I went to the front desk to get assistance. I was told they'd leave a note for the manager - tomorrow. How hard is it to have a spare cartridge available? I could have stuck it in the printer myself.

The car park, as others have said, is a disaster because of the ice and snow. It's poorly lit and pretty treacherous, and almost impossible to wheel a case in. I spend a lot of time in hotels that serve ski resorts and other winter activities and I fail to see why they all manage to keep their car parks relatively clear and this hotel doesn't. I should also point out that this is my third stay here and the car park is always the same.

The previous two times I have stayed here were a quick in-and-out so I didn't really see the rest of the facilities. (Although the first time was marred by a faulty smoke alarm which started beeping shortly after we arrived and was still beeping when we left the next morning despite several calls to the front desk.)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank scooterpig123
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Frisco - Breckenridge, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear scooterpig123,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Connie D
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Frisco hotels

Bernalillo, New Mexico
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Our rooms were available on Hotwire, and proved to be relatively newly renovated, clean and very comfortable. The hotel is right at the east Frisco exit off I-70, which is great is the Vail Pass is closed by a storm or accident. It's only 9 miles to Breckenridge, and about 12 to Keystone, 17 to Arapahoe Basin. The hotel's restaurant is its weak spot; there are better places nearby on Frisco's Main Street.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tom T
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We booked through hotwire, didn't expect much, but we did expect to not have a ceiling in the bathroom that is caving. Yes, the bathroom ceiling was filled with mold, plaster, and looks like a bad cover up of a serious leak from the room above. After showering the hole became larger and actually was dropping pieces of the ceiling onto the toilet. Gross. Also, parking is a mess. Will not stay here again. I hope to get a response. Thank you. Ryan S. 3035069909

Room Tip: ask for a room that doesn't have a caving ceiling in the bathroom!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank FishFloyds
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Frisco - Breckenridge, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Dear FishFloyds,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. We are sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back.

Ferdinand G.
Towaco, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stay there for two nights, they offered free breakfast, we expected free coffee and juice, they charged $3.5 for a cup of coffee and tasted horrible. the second day, we didn't go for "free breakfast"! Plus their parking lot was very mess, always have ice, it looks like they never clean it.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Frisco - Breckenridge, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear Libingnyc,

Regards,

Karen C
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We stayed one weekend and it was a total of approx $600. The room was not even attempted to be cleaned, there was trash on the floor (a lighter, zip lock bag, and pill cases) and in the bath tub there was mounds of hair so big we took pictures of it to show everyone we know to warn them not to stay there. We called the front desk and asked if we could change rooms or have someone actually clean it as it should have been in the first place, and we were told quote, "well I've got people I'm trying to check in and I don't have time". So we asked to speak to the manager and he said quote, "the manager left and he won't be in until tomorrow, and he doesn't handle refunds". We didn't even ask for a refund or mention the word, as we just wanted a new room or to have ours cleaned. Because of this absolute unprofessional experience, we will never again waste $600 on a weekend at Holiday Inn. Instead we will do business with hotels that actually care about their customers and resolve issues if any occur. I will however, post this experience on every website in which I can submit a review; I will do everything I can to advise customers not to stay and do business here. Thank you for taking my money and providing the worst service I've ever received.

• Stayed February 2014
4 Thank Elitesurf
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Frisco - Breckenridge, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear Elitesurf,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate your interactions with the staff prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We would like to further address your experience, and have sent you a private message.

Thank you again for your comments, and continued loyalty as an IHG Rewards Club member.

Ben J
Colorado
Reviewed 8 February 2014

First off, we could not figure out where to park, as there was a lot of snow and cars parked anywhere. We got into our non smoking room and it smelled horrible, and incredibly smokey. They did give us a new room but after the manager asking how bad the smell was. The restaurant was beyond unacceptable. We ordered nachos with mozzarella and they brought out chips with shredded cheese on the side. After asking them to melt it like typical nachos, it was then brought out with a tad bit melted and the rest of the cheese unmelted on the chips. The stairwell smelled light gas and we did bring that to their attention. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank travelgirl37Colorado
SLwilkens, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Frisco - Breckenridge, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear travelgirl37Colorado, thank you for your feedback on your stay at our hotel and experience at the restaurant. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We have ensured that your comments were related to the appropriate departments and staff members. Excellent guest service is of the highest priority to us and we do encourage you to continue staying with Holiday Inn and IHG brand hotels.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frisco
Baymont Inn & Suites Lake Dillon
Summit Inn
Summit Inn
#1 of 21 in Frisco
Comfort Suites Dillon

Been to Holiday Inn Frisco - Breckenridge? Share your experiences!