“Itsy-bitsy-tennie-weenie rooms!” 3 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Denver, Colorado
“Itsy-bitsy-tennie-weenie rooms!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I saw very good deal on a room and decided instead of flying somewhere that particular 4day weekend, I'd go hit up memory lane in good ol' Summit County with my beau.

The hotel has been renovated and looks very clean and modern upon entering the lobby. The rooms however, are a very different story. They have to be the smallest hotel rooms I have ever seen in my life, and I'm a Flight Attendant I stay in a lot of hotels. The decor is very blah and the bathrooms are as expected tiny to fit the tiny room.

I believe the website advertises great views from your room of either Lake Dillon or a Mountain View and to make sure and specify which you'd prefer. I asked for a mountain view and to my dismay upon entering the room saw that my only view was a barren parking lot and a dried up field. I did ask to be switched rooms and a nice gentleman at the desk did so without any fuss. I was moved to the 5th floor, better view but even smaller room, lol.

We were given free drink coupons and weren't able to use them because the restaurant wasn't even open and there no hours posted anywhere. Oh well didn't look like we missed much.

Would I stay here again...? Probably not. I'm a little spoiled though when it comes to Summit County since I used to live there and have also vacationed up there in some of the most impeccable condos. But if you're on a budget then this is certainly not a bad bang for your buck!

• Stayed June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel Summit County, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Dear Sydfaja,

Thank you for writing a candid review following your recent stay. We appreciate the compliments regarding the modern look and cleanliness of the hotel. On the other hand, I do want to take this time to apologize for the smaller rooms you received during your stay. We take all the feedback we receive very seriously and welcome any opportunity to improve.

If there is anything we can do to make your future stay with us more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty. We look forward to welcoming you back when you can enjoy all the hotel amenities.

Warm Regards,

Tracy V.
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Montrose, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Our room was wonderful and the location was great. Kyle was so pleasant checking us in and even provided maps our next destination. Tao, our waiter remembered us when we came back. Very pleasant & helpful - even changed the channel so we could watch the Rockies game.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
West Bloomfield, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

We were guest at a wedding in Silverthorne, CO. We had requested a King size bed, but were total there were not available, although our request was over a month old. The rooms are clean, but the staff was totally inept. As wedding guest, our host dropped off "welcome bags" for each guest. The hotel staff didn't hand them out as the guest checked in. They didn't have a list, or any notes in their computer indicating who the guest were. They were suppose to supply water along with the bags. Neither of these items were delivered or received upon check-in. The night of the wedding, we needed to ready ourselves for the ceremony, so we asked the staff if house cleaning could clean up our rooms, and although they indicated this would be done, it was not. Upon returning to our room, we had no clean towels or coffee and the rooms was not cleaned.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel Summit County, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Linda G,

First of all, thank you very much for staying with us. As hospitality professionals, we strive to be the best in the industry, but it seems we have failed to meet your expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced, particularly with the level of service received and cleanliness. We value all the feedback we receive as this is our best resource for improvement.

Should your travel plans bring you back to the area, we look forward to serving you again, and hopefully you'll see the improvements made.

Charisse V
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Frisco hotels

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

This Holiday Inn has a perfect location. I was tired on arrival the staff gave us a drink voucher to help relax. At 9,000 ft you can not ask for anything more. Great sheets, bedding and a pillow to place my pretty little head. And tomorrow is all the BBQ I can possibly eat. Great escape from Denver after the traffic to get here. I am enjoying every minute. Thank you for making my weekend enjoyable. Room 251.

Room Tip: If you want more space the suites are great and the tub! Need I say more? Relax you have arrived.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank niv3Mac
Frederick, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I haven't been here for 2 weeks, so it was good to come "back home" to the Holiday Inn. Kyle, the excellent desk representative, had me checked in quickly. He also shared a unique video with me of fox in Breckenridge. It was so refreshing after a hard day at work.
Gottal love Summit County AND THE HOLIDAY INN.

Room Tip: I personally love the rooms with a balcony.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Hopatcong, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

I had a room with a view, staff that was helpful, and a pool that was clean. What could be better? I guess the weather when passing thru I did not expect 10inches of snow in May but it is Colorado. Thanks Holiday Inn for a great stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed here as a last resort when the highway (I-70) was shut down due to accidents and snow. The hotel is right off the highway and easy to find. I expect that Frisco is far cheaper to stay in during ski season than Breckenridge or Vail, though $220/night is still high for what you get. Don't get me wrong, the hotel is fine. But for $220 a night, mountains or not, I expect quite a bit. But, I imagine Breck or Vail would be closer to $300+.

Finding my room was difficult, I had to go up and down the stairs a few times to figure out which floor the main lobby dropped me off at. And breakfast was not included. But there is an adjoining restaurant, as well as a pool, laundry room, and other amenities you expect in ski towns. The room itself was quiet, comfortable, and warm. Nice bathroom, mini fridge and microwave. Nothing wrong with the room, just very pricey at $220.

I'm sure in off-season, the hotel is much more reasonably priced. If I were to stay in this area again, I would shop around more for prices before coming here.

Room Tip: Rooms on the backside are a bit quieter.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel Summit County, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Dear Hmm6789,

Thank you very much for writing a detailed review about your stay. We’re glad to know we were able to provide a comfortable environment for you. You mentioned in detail the difficulties you had in finding your room and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Your comments, both negative and positive are very important to us as this gives us the opportunity to improve on our guest satisfaction.

Again, we thank you for staying with us and we look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frisco
Ramada Frisco
Comfort Suites Dillon
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#4 of 13 in Silverthorne

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel Summit County? Share your experiences!