Alpine Inn
Hotel Frisco(Frisco)
Frisco Condo(Frisco)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
All reviewswhole foodscontinental breakfastbagelshard boiled eggspool roomstay there againno elevatorsummit countymini fridge and microwavebudget hoteleasy accesssummit stagelight sleeperfront desk staffoff the highwaybeds were comfortablehot tub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Ignore the overly positive reviews as the Alpine Inn had few amenities that we could find! There are almost too many problems to list, ranging from the mini bathroom with a child-size shower/tub? and lidless tiny toilet to not providing a radio, luggage racks or even chairs to hold open suitcases (we asked and they said no), uncomfortable pillows for stomach sleepers, dangerously pointed night tables next to your head, and finally a breakfast that was packaged and worth avoiding. After two weeks of staying at wonderful places on our trip, this experience was a real step down!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank richard414
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Stayed two nights with my family. The rooms are very nice and loved some of the room amenities. Coffee pot, not so good. Should have at least 4 cup. Where is the towel rack for the bathroom sink? Oh yes, there isn't one. Just toss it next to the sink with the single cup coffee maker. Did not think much of their continental breakfast on the maim floor next to the front desk in a small kitchen like area. Great saltwater pool. More for wading than swimming though. Same with the hot tub (two people?). The rules say to shower before entering, but there is no shower in the pool area to use before or after. (Even an open air shower would have been nice.)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank tina p
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I booked a last minute weekend reservation on Thursday night through Expedia, for Saturday and Sunday night at the Alpine Inn , or so I thought.

Upon arriving, I was informed that I was a day late and the reservation I had made was actually for Friday and Saturday. I checked my confirmation, and sure enough, I made a mistake… "no problem", said the front desk agent, "we're not very busy". She changed the dates on the reservation, and my registration card, and I checked-in. I was embarrassed, but problem averted… I'm here at the end of October and this is a skiers hotel - there were maybe a dozen cars in the parking lot. If this had happened a couple months later, after the ski resorts had opened, I'm out of luck.

The next morning, I get a call on my cell phone (weird since I'm in their hotel, why not call me in the room)… it's the same front desk agent informing me that I'll now need to pay for Sunday night if I want to stay. I object because we had changed the reservation the day before with her affirmation in the way of her signature… and I have the registration card reflecting the change!

She's just started, of course, and it's her manager that made the decision. I ask to speak with the manager, who is not there, so she dials her on the phone. I speak with Isabel Rawson at Remax Properties on the Summit… evidently, the Alpine Inn is outsourcing the GM function to a property management company in Frisco.

Isabel retracts the reservation change made by her agent on the desk the day before, and requires the additional payment in order to stay. I advised that I had changed the reservation with the front desk, and had the card with the agent's signature - but that wasn't compelling to Isabel.

My wife and I, and our six month old daughter (that's right Isabel kicked out an infant!), promptly left… never to return again. The front desk agent was apologetic and confirmed that our room would be empty Sunday night - they were only running about 25% occupancy this time of year.

This is really sad. The Alpine Inn owners (Lester and Eva Warpecha) have obviously spent some money on renovations… having worked as a vendor in the hotel business, I'd guess maybe $20k a room? Probably a 40 room property? The point being, they spent easily $500k in renovations, and definitely improved the structure… but did nothing about the service. A much better experience is provided by nearby chain properties, like Best Western or Holiday Inn, because they have strict franchisee customer service standards!!!! You can't have an rented and absentee GM and keep those flags.

As long as Isabel and REMAX properties of the Summit are running it, the Alpine Inn will remain just another mountain budget hotel of the Interstate.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Dave5280
AlpineInnFrisco, Manager at Alpine Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Dear David Redpath,
I want to thank you for giving us a high rating on our rooms and cleanliness. I understand from your review on TripAdvisor that you were troubled with your stay.

You made a reservation through Expedia for October 25 and 26. Here are the terms and conditions you agreed to when booking the room online through Expedia: “This reservation is non-refundable and cannot be changed or canceled.” Did you try to contact Expedia? I would hope that you could understand that my hands are tied and we cannot make alterations to reservations booked through a third party. In case of a No Show we are not required to hold your reservation, however we did.

While this is not an excuse, the front desk agent is new and she did not know how to handle the situation due to its rarity. She mentioned that she would need to check to see if you would need to pay for Sunday since this was not a part of your reservation. Within 10 minutes of you checking in the front desk agent tried to call your room, however, your phone was off the hook. This is why she reached out to you on your cell phone.

You are quite wrong in stating that Alpine Inn outsources the GM function to Remax. Remax is my second job. I work 40+ hours a week at the Alpine Inn and to call me an absentee and “rented” GM is an insult.

We strive for great customer service and do everything in our power to create an enjoyable experience for our guests. We have been family owned and operated for 15 years, which is why many of our guests stay with us and keep coming back.

Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Alpine Inn as a one night stop over on a road trip. We didn't expect much from the Inn or from Frisco as we were traveling between seasons. But the Alpine Inn was rated well and the price was right.

We were amazed by the inn. The decor was modern and lovely, the room was spacious and so clean, and the staff was extremely hospitable. After a long drive the indoor pool and spa was very welcome. Frisco itself was incredibly beautiful. We walked 7 miles partially around the lake and through town. We were bummed we only had one night to enjoy Frisco and fully intend to make this a destination in the future.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank amillers

Thank you for choosing the Alpine Inn. We greatly appreciate your business. We are thrilled that you enjoyed our recent renovations and appreciated the hard work our staff puts in on a daily basis. We hope to see you again as it was very nice to meet you!

Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

It looks pretty non-descript from the I-70 exit, so we were surprised how nice it is inside. The previous reviews I read on hotels.com were right on. Service was friendly, room was nice and clean, convenient location. We didn't go to the pool, or to the breakfast the next morning. If I had to come up with a complaint, it would be the odd noises from down the hall at random times throughout the night and in the morning. Ice machine? Dryer? Couldn't figure it out but it wasn't that big of a deal. Definitely recommend and we'll stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
AlpineInnFrisco, Manager at Alpine Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Thank you for choosing the Alpine Inn and taking the time to leave us a review. We are glad that you found the room to be clean. We hope to see you in the future as well.