“Just Adequate”
Review of Ramada Frisco

Ramada Frisco
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Frisco
Reviewed 4 July 2012

I'd concur with some of the comments made by others. The single queen room is real small. Almost feels like you're staying in a dolls house, but on the other hand you can stay with your pets, which we did and which is always a plus in my book.

However, keeping it real, it's definitely got issues. Although it looked like the room had been renovated, it also looked somewhat sloppily done. iIn the bathroom, the caulking was a bit of a mess and some of the ceiling paint over the shower was peeling as was the wallpaper in the same area all from what appeared to be water damage. The lobby and other areas also seemed to reflect a little neglect in my view.

Someone mentioned the walls seemed thin and I'd tend to agree. We could certainly hear the TV and muffled conversation from the adjacent room. However with a room on the far side from the freeway there was no road noise to speak of.

Other comments I would make are that the breakfast was standard fare but a notch below many other breakfasts I've had in hotels at a similar price point.. waffles, pastries (not particularly appetizing though), toast and something egg based that looked a little to dubious to consume, juices and coffee.

All in all, an adequate stay perhaps but not something I would probably repeat. I'll likely choose to pay a little more next time and stay in something somewhat more up to date and well kept.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 June 2012 via mobile

Great place for value via Priceline prior to peak season. Great staff here, they go out of way to make your stay pleasant.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I stayed here on my recent ski trip in that area and I was really happy about the hotel. Friendly staff at the reception, rich and tasty breakfests that kept me running all day long, nice hotel room (with really nice bathroom, it almost inspired me for some my at-home remodelling). Very convenient location, elevator when you get tired after skiing to get you upstairs. And hot tub, a must after a day full of strenuous exercise, just relax. The fresh cookies offered at the reception in the afternoon were just a cherry on the cake. And the value was right, I will definitelly stay here again would my travels return to Frisco again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 March 2012

This hotel was cozy....front desk was very friendly. Hot tub was a nice size and outdoors. Location was great.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 10 March 2012

We stayed at the Ramada Limited Frisco during our skiing trip to Colorado. Location is great, just a short drive to Breckenridge. We even drove to Vail one day.
Our room was very tiny, but the bathroom was big and clean. We really enjoyed their breakfast. They had a great variety to choose from. I always had milk and cereal with fruit. My husband enjoyed the eggs, waffles, muffins and bagels. One day, we even got fresh baked cookies, after a long day skiing, it was perfect. Staff was helpful as well!
My only complain was the bed. It was a little too hard for my liking. The pillows were too big and hard as well.
Overall, it was a perfect place to stay if you just want a place to crash after a long day in the slopes.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Went to ski for a few days before a conference in Denver. The hotel's price was very reasonable and pretty clean, though a little dated and furniture was run down. Bathrooms appear to have been recently rennovated and were quite nice. Staff was friendly and helpful, though housekeeping didn't replenish coffee, TP, or tissue any of the 3 days we were there. Front desk provided them when asked. Only a few of the jets in the outdoor hot tub worked and our quiet, 3rd floor room was always hot as were halls and other common areas (we had the air on 60 and it was still in the 70s in our room). Bring lighter base layers as warm indoor temps seemed to be the norm everywhere in town too. Very convenient location for skiing and sightseeing!

Room Tip: 3rd floor away from the elevator are best (staff told us).
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We got a great rate for 1 night over the President's day weekend. Great access off I-70 but you couldn't hear any traffic noise. It was full but very quiet. Rooms were pretty small for 4 people and ski gear. Breakfast was heavy on the carbs-waffle maker, bagels, toast etc. There were egg/cheese patties and yogurts. We didn't seek out the hot tub.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frisco
Alpine Inn
Snowshoe Motel
Snowshoe Motel
#6 of 21 in Frisco
Best Western Ptarmigan Lodge

Been to Ramada Frisco? Share your experiences!