“Simples!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Alwalton
Price range: US$0 - US$9
Cuisines: British, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: Eat, drink, shop and post all under one roof. Olde Worlde teamroom in a village setting with light lunches, freshly made sandwiches and rolls to take away, teas, coffees and cakes. Alwalton stores offers locally sourced fruit and vegetables, fresh bread and rolls, papers, magazines, brea, milk, ice cream and much more. We are your local Post Office offering a friendly and personal service.
“Simples!”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Mind your head as you go up to the twa room - its just that tea coffee cake and simple food - baked spuds, quichy stuff and omelettes.

nice and quick

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Jo G

Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Charming, a hidden treasure”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

This is my 2nd visit to these tea rooms, this time I went with a friend on a Saturday morning arriving around 11am. Initially we thought there might not be room as there seemed to be quite a few cars parked outside. We were pleasantly surprised to see, on venturing up the small staircase, that there was only 1 gentleman eating on his own. Since my last visit in Nov 2012 they seemed to of had a shuffle round of the furniture making more seating available. It was my friend's 1st visit here & she really like it. Service was very quick but then we only stayed for coffee/tea & delicious coffee cake. They are now doing a loyalty card where you collect stamps on it every time you go there & once you have accumulated enough you will get a free tea or coffee. I did find the hard wooden chairs slightly uncomfortable after a while, they could've done with a bit of cushioning but other than that no complaints. I will try to make more of my friends/work colleagues aware of this place so they can visit & more reviews can be made. Oh & before I forget it's open Sundays too which is a bonus as not many tea room are! Located opposite the Cuckoo pub/restaurant right on the corner so you can't miss it. Not sure whether I will take my husband though as with him being 6ft 1" tall he might find it a bit difficult as the tea rooms are located in the roof space above the post office/shop, I'm glad I wore my flat shoes as being 5ft 9" myself only just managed, it's okay once you're seated though. Tables can be reserved & you can pre-order food.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Endora69
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and friendly service”
Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

The tearooms have a lovely menu, and the food is very good. I also use them for corporate entertaining, and have found them to be superb. Service is always with a friendly smile.

Visited August 2013
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed 19 April 2013

What a find. A good choice of food especially considering the size of the tearoom. Wonderful staff and service. Always a pleasure when we visit, whether its for morning coffee,lunch or afternoon tea. Even when the place is full you can guarantee a friendly face serving you,especially if like today a polite young man serves you.
Well worth a visit any time of the day

Visited April 2013
Fareham, United Kingdom
“Great snacks”
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Told that this place has the best rolls / sandwiches in the area. Quite right, too! Just a simple cheese and salad roll for lunch - it was as good as home made. Staff friendly, locals too! Just watch for the low beam near the doorway.

Visited April 2013