“Excellent hotel!”

Hotel Chateau Chamonix
Ranked #1 of 5 Georgetown B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I reviewed many hotels before deciding to stay at the Hotel Chamonix. We were traveling there for a race that I ran in Georgetown last weekend. We were warmly welcomed and felt very comfortable in our room. I hadn't recalled seeing that there was a hot tub (for 2 small people), on the deck. The bed was firm, but extremely comfortable, and the linens were impeccable! The bathroom and toiletries were perfect. With an early start the next morning and no time for breakfast, the hotel had the croissants and fruit brought to our room the night before. That was perfect! We also asked and received a wonderful recommendation for dinner and were thoroughly delighted with the suggestion. We would definitely stay at the Hotel Chamonix again!

Room Tip: I was most grateful that prior reviewers had suggested a lower floor room on the creekside! Our room...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I called to see if there were any rooms available over the 4th of July weekend for myself, my husband, and my 4 year old and 6mo old and was told that while they had a room available due to a recent cancellation (a king bed) which is plenty for my family as the baby has his own sleeper that we would bring, she would not book me the room because she said this hotel is geared more towards couples and they did not have a room available for my size party. I felt like she completely turned me away and wouldn't let me ask questions about the room, she just said it would not accommodate us. RUDE!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Tasha R
chateauchamonix, Manager at Hotel Chateau Chamonix, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

For those who do not view our web site or the information available on us, yes, we are primarily a get-a-way property that caters to couples or those who just want a nicer place when they travel. We do allow children 12 and older to stay here, but but even so, there is a maximum of 3 people allowed in those 2 rooms. Most rooms only have 1 king bed. We do this because it maintains the quiet nature of the property and the guests that we serve expect that. Our clerks are not rude, but firm in maintaining the rules and the quiet nature of the property that we provide. We also are a non-smoking and non-pet property.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

My husband and I had a romantic get way evening here and we loved it. The welcome by the owner was genuinely friendly and warm. We were poured a glass of wine and shown to the room. We had a room on the first floor facing the river. It was early June and was the perfect time of year to leave the balcony door open to hear the river and enjoy the fire at the same time. There is a two person hot tub on the balcony that we also enjoyed. As some one else stated the beds are custom made and "hug you". It was so nice, cozy and comfortable that we hated to leave. We suggested to several friends to go there for a special occasion. We'll be back!

Room Tip: first floor facing the river is our tip!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Isertravels
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This hotel is unquestionably THE pick in Georgetown. We were greeted by Owen, who was quite pleasant and showed us all of the ameneties in the rooms. We traveled with another couple and they were equally as pleased. The rooms are beautifully appointed, very clean and charming. Attention to detail is apparent by the fresh continental breakfast and glass of wine at check in. Don't miss a chance to stay here!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Karen Y
Reviewed 21 May 2014

My wife and I recently took a vacation to go snow skiing in Colorado. We stayed at Hotel Chateau Chamonix, as it's in Georgetown, very close to Arapahoe Basin (about 20 min away). It's also close to Keystone and Breckenridge (still a little drive, but nothing major). The hotel is AWESOME! It has a French/European "feel" and was worth the money. We received a glass of wine upon arrival and fresh, home-made croissants every morning (one croissant has a chocolate filling, which is to die for!). The staff is amazing and the owners live on-site (the wife literally is from France!). I highly recommend Hotel Chateau Chamonix as lodging for at least one night (we stayed three nights)!

Room Tip: Book a room facing the river. The rooms on the bottom floor have a private 2-person hot tub. The roo...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Peytonwelch
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This was our second visit to Hotel Chateau Chamonix. Our last visit was two years ago. This time we stayed from March 4th thru March 8th, 2014. My wife and I really enjoy the hotel for many reasons. I’d say it’s a toss up between the facilities and the staff.

First, the facilities. The rooms are extremely cozy. Not every room is the same so you need to decide what is more important to you - a steam shower or an in-room fireplace. As far as I know you can’t have both. If you can, I’m booking that room next year! At any rate we go for the fireplace room. They are on the first floor and overlook the creek. Each of these rooms have a 2 person hot tub on the balcony that is kept warm all the time. So any time you are in the mood for a dip you don’t have to wait for the water to get hot. Did I mention the fireplace!?! Don’t even think you will get cold! That little fire place will warm the room in no time. After skiing we would place our parkas, ski bibs, and boots near the fire place and they would be totally dry in short order.

The beds are extremely comfortable. From what I understand, they are custom made frames and use 800 spring mattresses with a comfy pillow top. All I know is that when I hit the bed it “hugs” me. Picture this - Setting up in the comfy bed, watching your favorite program on tv, while also watching the fire while heavy snow falls outside. I almost didn’t want to leave the room in the mornings!

Pretty much every review here has described the way breakfast is done so I won’t belabor the subject. Only to say that it is very tastefully done and you will look forward to it every morning.

As far as the staff - pretty much anything we asked for was quickly addressed by Owen and Kathy. These guys really go out of their way to make you feel at home. I could not walk through the lobby without getting a genuinely friendly greeting from one of them. I brought my Roku (Internet TV device) so that my wife and I could continue watching a series we had recently gotten interested in on Netflix. I mentioned this to Owen and he dropped what he was doing and personally got the device hooked up and working for us in our room. Kathy always had ideas for meals around town and seemed to know the inside scoop on every restaurant.

The hotel is pretty central to anything you would need. Maybe 10-12 minutes from Loveland Ski area (arguably the best place to ski (see my review for them)), extremely close to Georgetown restaurants, and 10-12 minutes to Idaho Springs if you need larger stores (like a Safeway or different restaurant). We like the hotel because it is “central” to all of this but not in a busy area where there is a lot of traffic.

As much as I try to be objective and tell both the good and bad in my reviews, I really can’t say anything negative about Hotel Chateau Chamonix. It is everything we want in a hotel and much more.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2014

My husband and I recently stayed here for a romantic birthday weekend. The hotel is completely charming, the inside of our room was beautiful, and the hospitality was great (the hospitality in this Swiss-style chalet was better than Switzerland!) We loved the two-person hot tub, and the breakfast delivered to a little nook in the wall every morning. For the most part, it was delightful. The biggest problem we had was that the floors are very creaky.... which was not a big deal until our upstairs neighbors decided to wake up at 5 am and our restful weekend became not-so-restful. I'm not sure what the hotel could do to fix this, but it was an unfortunate event in an otherwise pleasant weekend.
Also... as a side note, when you arrive, you have to sign a form understanding that it is a non-smoking hotel, and there will be a $350 fine if someone smokes on the premises. We were happy to do this. However, when out in our hot tub, the upstairs neighbors began smoking outside, and when we mentioned it to the front desk, they said it was fine if guests smoke outside on the balconies. It would be helpful if their policy was clarified.

Room Tip: Again... downstairs rooms have the private two-person hot tub, but the floors above creak and can be...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LaLaLaCTD
chateauchamonix, Manager at Hotel Chateau Chamonix, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Thank you for your review on our property as it lets us know how the customers are enjoying their experience. While most people do not get up particularly early here as a get-a-way property, occasional some do and the quiter the building is the more you might hear the early morning activity of others. We will keep your comments in mind as work at continuing to improve our coustomer's experience into the future.

As for your comment on smoke smells, this give us an opportunity to tell future guests about our overall smoking policy. We have implemented a strict non-smoking policy relating to smoke smells from any source found in the rooms. Guests must sign this policy to check in, in part, because of the changes to Colorado law recently. We have found out from experience though that if we do not allow any smoking on the property at all, it actually can increase the problem of smoke smells in some rooms.

When smoking policies are perceived as too restrictive some decide not to follow any of the rules causing problems for the property and incoming guests to that room. Fortunately the wind up here keeps outside smoke from becoming too much of a problem as a rule and that is why we allow it outside only yet. Still, if any problem bothering other guests is ongoing, please tell the clerk on duty so we can deal with the issue. Any significant ongoing problem from smoke, noise, inappropriate behavior, etc. that people refuse to correct upon notice is reason enough to ask a guest to check out immediately.

I know this reply went far beyond the scope of comments this guest made relating to smoking because overall, they had a good experience and we enjoyed having them here. However, this is the first chance we have had relating to our updated smoking policy that has been mentioned on Trip Advisor so we took this opportunity to cover this new information for everyone. This policy is on our website and other sites we have control over on-line too.

Our default way of viewing any issue is to favor people who want to get along with others and work with the property in helping create and maintain a quiet, peaceful atmosphere for people to enjoy. Other properties cater to pets, more relaxed smoking policies, higher energy and late night activities, etc., etc., and if that is your desire please look into other places to stay in the area that more closely meets your needs.

Again, I thank these guests for their helpful comments and I hope they don't mind that I piggybacked on their post to highlight the type of atmosphere we desire to provide for like minded guests!

Hotel Chateau Chamonix

Also consider these accommodations in or near Georgetown
Georgetown Mountain Inn
Keystone Lodge & Spa
#1 of 6 in Keystone
Hampton Inn & Suites Silverthorne
Americas Best Value Inn-Georgetown Lodge

Been to Hotel Chateau Chamonix? Share your experiences!