“One of the best places I've ever been”

Hotel Chateau Chamonix
Ranked #1 of 6 Georgetown B&B and Inns
Redlands, California
“One of the best places I've ever been”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

All the reviews are true-- Hotel Chateau Chamonix is absolute perfection. This was the most pleasant place I've ever spent a night. The downstairs creekside room was so lovely-- the hot tub and fireplace were so nice and the bed was really comfortable. The L'Occitane toiletries were a fantastic touch, as was the spacious bathroom and shower. Breakfast was amazing. My boyfriend and I had such an amazing time and will absolutely be back... for more than one night! It was so hard to leave. The prices are more than reasonable for what you get. I could not recommend this hotel enough.

Room Tip: Downstairs creekside rooms have private hot tubs!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

With a balcony overlooking the creek, a beautiful gas log fire in the room, breakfast served to the room and a very comfortable and lovely room - what more could you want? There was also a hot tub n the decking if you wanted to use it and for convenience a door that went straight out to the car park rather than having to drag cases through reception.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I was stuck in traffic on I-70, feeling very frustrated and wishing there was a lovely little place to extend my mini vacation… stopped in Georgetown on a whim and landed at this true gem of a hotel! I walked in, looked around and decided I definitely would rather stay here then continue to crawl along I-70! I was impressed with the atmosphere from the moment I walked in. The host was very friendly and showed me around the property…there was a woman pressing sheets in the linen room, two cheerful women cleaning one of the beautiful rooms, and a true european feel to this place. I continued to be pleasantly surprised with a delicious glass of wine, a beautiful, cozy room with awesome amenities- right on the creek! I loved the little jacuzzi hot tub on my private deck! The next morning I awoke to warm croissants and fruit delivered to a little cubby in my room! My only concern was the air conditioning was not as cool as would have liked. Finally, I was really wishing my husband was there, too - it's perfect for a romantic getaway! I will be returning with him to celebrate our wedding anniversary in August. I would highly recommend this peaceful little hotel! It felt like a bed and breakfast but more private, which I loved!

Room Tip: Ask for a creekside room- private hot tubs are on lower level rooms. All rooms have private balconie...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank susiebella7
Los Alamos, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I reviewed many hotels before deciding to stay at the Hotel Chamonix. We were traveling there for a race that I ran in Georgetown last weekend. We were warmly welcomed and felt very comfortable in our room. I hadn't recalled seeing that there was a hot tub (for 2 small people), on the deck. The bed was firm, but extremely comfortable, and the linens were impeccable! The bathroom and toiletries were perfect. With an early start the next morning and no time for breakfast, the hotel had the croissants and fruit brought to our room the night before. That was perfect! We also asked and received a wonderful recommendation for dinner and were thoroughly delighted with the suggestion. We would definitely stay at the Hotel Chamonix again!

Room Tip: I was most grateful that prior reviewers had suggested a lower floor room on the creekside! Our room...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Aurora, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

I called to see if there were any rooms available over the 4th of July weekend for myself, my husband, and my 4 year old and 6mo old and was told that while they had a room available due to a recent cancellation (a king bed) which is plenty for my family as the baby has his own sleeper that we would bring, she would not book me the room because she said this hotel is geared more towards couples and they did not have a room available for my size party. I felt like she completely turned me away and wouldn't let me ask questions about the room, she just said it would not accommodate us. RUDE!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Tasha R
chateauchamonix, Manager at Hotel Chateau Chamonix, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
For those who do not view our web site or the information available on us, yes, we are primarily a get-a-way property that caters to couples or those who just want a nicer place when they travel. We do allow children 12 and older to stay here, but but even so, there is a maximum of 3 people allowed in those 2 rooms. Most rooms only have 1 king bed. We do this because it maintains the quiet nature of the property and the guests that we serve expect that. Our clerks are not rude, but firm in maintaining the rules and the quiet nature of the property that we provide. We also are a non-smoking and non-pet property.
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

My husband and I had a romantic get way evening here and we loved it. The welcome by the owner was genuinely friendly and warm. We were poured a glass of wine and shown to the room. We had a room on the first floor facing the river. It was early June and was the perfect time of year to leave the balcony door open to hear the river and enjoy the fire at the same time. There is a two person hot tub on the balcony that we also enjoyed. As some one else stated the beds are custom made and "hug you". It was so nice, cozy and comfortable that we hated to leave. We suggested to several friends to go there for a special occasion. We'll be back!

Room Tip: first floor facing the river is our tip!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Isertravels
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

This hotel is unquestionably THE pick in Georgetown. We were greeted by Owen, who was quite pleasant and showed us all of the ameneties in the rooms. We traveled with another couple and they were equally as pleased. The rooms are beautifully appointed, very clean and charming. Attention to detail is apparent by the fresh continental breakfast and glass of wine at check in. Don't miss a chance to stay here!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Karen Y
Also consider these accommodations in or near Georgetown
Comfort Suites Golden West on Evergreen Parkway
Americas Best Value Inn-Georgetown Lodge
The Silver Lake Lodge
The Silver Lake Lodge
#1 of 5 in Idaho Springs

Been to Hotel Chateau Chamonix? Share your experiences!