“Beautifully detailed for the perfect stay.”

Hotel Chateau Chamonix
Ranked #1 of 6 Georgetown B&B and Inns
Midland, United States
“Beautifully detailed for the perfect stay.”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My daughter and I had time for a quick trip from an event in Denver and were so happy to find this gem of a hotel. Every attention to detail makes it a pleasant stay and the view of the mountains is fabulous. We enjoyed complimentary wine in the evening, and wonderful croissants and fruit for breakfast, some of the best we have eaten. Even the delivery of the breakfast was unique, and provided a sumptuous wake-up call. I won't detail the delivery method, just let that part be a surprise when you arrive. The bed was generous and comfortable. Everyone on the staff is exceptional - very friendly, professional and attentive. There are robes provided and a hot tub on the deck while some rooms have their own tub. In the lobby there is a unique sitting area and another one upstairs. I can't wait to go back again. One night was not long enough to stay.

Room Tip: Corner creek side rooms have the best views.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Peachtree City, Georgia
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Located in historic Georgetown, the Hotel Chateau Chamonix is a real treasure. The area surrounding the hotel is pretty nondescript, but from the moment you walk through the door you will appreciate the many special features of the Hotel Chateau Chamonix. The staff is exceptionally attentive and helpful. From a personal tour of the facilities and your room with its very cool keyless entry system, to the complimentary continental breakfast delivered to your room and even the five minute replacement of a broken hair dryer….this is the kind of service that has become all to rare. The fireplace in our room was beautiful AND functional. A super comfortable bed and a great walk-in shower are as good as you'll find anywhere. The highlight of the room, however, is a balcony overlooking Clear Creek. It doesn't get much better than being able to leave the door open, drifting off the sleep to the sound of the rushing water.

While in Georgetown, enjoy a ride on the spectacular Loop Railroad, tour the Hammill House and Hotel de Paris, and try some of the Georgetown eateries. Menus are provided in your room and most are moderately priced.

Room Tip: Definitely over looking the creek!
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The Chateau Chamonix in Georgetown, CO is an absolute marvel. Not many rooms; maybe 10 rooms at most, so call ahead for reservations. The owners have made this the most enjoyable experience you can imagine. The stream sounds take you to relaxation. The rooms, beds and amenities are thoughtful and of the highest quality. It is also very quiet; so no partying guests. A wine welcome in the evening and le petit dejeuner, fruit and pastry, discreetly delivered to your room in the morning. This small boutique hotel is in a class by itself in Colorado. The staff is welcoming and very helpful.

Redlands, California
Reviewed 16 July 2014

All the reviews are true-- Hotel Chateau Chamonix is absolute perfection. This was the most pleasant place I've ever spent a night. The downstairs creekside room was so lovely-- the hot tub and fireplace were so nice and the bed was really comfortable. The L'Occitane toiletries were a fantastic touch, as was the spacious bathroom and shower. Breakfast was amazing. My boyfriend and I had such an amazing time and will absolutely be back... for more than one night! It was so hard to leave. The prices are more than reasonable for what you get. I could not recommend this hotel enough.

Room Tip: Downstairs creekside rooms have private hot tubs!
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014

With a balcony overlooking the creek, a beautiful gas log fire in the room, breakfast served to the room and a very comfortable and lovely room - what more could you want? There was also a hot tub n the decking if you wanted to use it and for convenience a door that went straight out to the car park rather than having to drag cases through reception.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I was stuck in traffic on I-70, feeling very frustrated and wishing there was a lovely little place to extend my mini vacation… stopped in Georgetown on a whim and landed at this true gem of a hotel! I walked in, looked around and decided I definitely would rather stay here then continue to crawl along I-70! I was impressed with the atmosphere from the moment I walked in. The host was very friendly and showed me around the property…there was a woman pressing sheets in the linen room, two cheerful women cleaning one of the beautiful rooms, and a true european feel to this place. I continued to be pleasantly surprised with a delicious glass of wine, a beautiful, cozy room with awesome amenities- right on the creek! I loved the little jacuzzi hot tub on my private deck! The next morning I awoke to warm croissants and fruit delivered to a little cubby in my room! My only concern was the air conditioning was not as cool as would have liked. Finally, I was really wishing my husband was there, too - it's perfect for a romantic getaway! I will be returning with him to celebrate our wedding anniversary in August. I would highly recommend this peaceful little hotel! It felt like a bed and breakfast but more private, which I loved!

Room Tip: Ask for a creekside room- private hot tubs are on lower level rooms. All rooms have private balconie...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank susiebella7
Los Alamos, New Mexico
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I reviewed many hotels before deciding to stay at the Hotel Chamonix. We were traveling there for a race that I ran in Georgetown last weekend. We were warmly welcomed and felt very comfortable in our room. I hadn't recalled seeing that there was a hot tub (for 2 small people), on the deck. The bed was firm, but extremely comfortable, and the linens were impeccable! The bathroom and toiletries were perfect. With an early start the next morning and no time for breakfast, the hotel had the croissants and fruit brought to our room the night before. That was perfect! We also asked and received a wonderful recommendation for dinner and were thoroughly delighted with the suggestion. We would definitely stay at the Hotel Chamonix again!

Room Tip: I was most grateful that prior reviewers had suggested a lower floor room on the creekside! Our room...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Georgetown
Reserve Casino Hotel
The Silver Lake Lodge
The Silver Lake Lodge
#1 of 5 in Idaho Springs
Americas Best Value Inn-Georgetown Lodge

Been to Hotel Chateau Chamonix? Share your experiences!