“Worst place for your family” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Georgetown Mountain Inn

Georgetown Mountain Inn
Ranked #3 of 6 Georgetown B&B and Inns
Deerfield, Illinois
“Worst place for your family”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2011

I have three children and upon arrival I and one of the service people (Kristie) agreed upon price for my room, using my AAA for discount. At check in I was informed by different service lady that my price has been changed, raised, without me agreing to that new price because I had three children with me. Room was two double beds and one twin. She also said that if I don't agree to the price I can wait for Kristie to come to work at 3pm.
Inn claims to offer continental breakfast. It is the worst continental breakfast I've ever seen. The only choice is small muffin and coffee, no milk or cereal for children.
NO coffee maker in the room or any hot water / coffee offered throughout the day.
Swimming pool dirty with falling apart towels
My kids cut their feet on uneven concrete of the pool floor.
Pool is covered; however there is only outdoor access to it or to the hot tub. The worst place to stay at for the family. Not recommended.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank 2Gosia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2011

Awful Awful Awful! The sheets were dirty and had stains. It was nothing like the pictures that the internet displayed. I didn't sleep for the first three nights I stayed there. After complaining on the third night, I didn't even get an answer back from the front desk. Then the next day I was so upset and the front desk attendant gave us an upgraded room. It was too late. Our vacation was already ruined. If we would have had an upgraded room from the first night it might have been different. I booked this hotel because I initially saw positive reviews. Do yourself a favor and read all the reviews before you stay there. I wouldn't wish this hotel on anyone!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kng0027

Travellers are raving about these Georgetown hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2010

My girlfriend and I booked a last minute trip to go skiing. We both work as directors for five star hotels, so we have high expectations, just not a high budget. We booked a one night stay with ski pass at the Georgetown on. We expected a sub par room for the price, however, it was perfect! Our room, while a bit dated, was very clean, comfortable and had a king size bed. It is perfect for crashing after long day on slopes and is conveniently located to several mountains. The best thong is that we skied the day we left and for an additional $20, they let us come back to shower before heading to the airport! We will definitely be back!

• Stayed December 2010
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CRhoteltravelors
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2010

we came to this place to have a family reunion and it is a very good location to town and you can ride the train and take hikes and walk just about any where in town . they have very clean rooms and the employes are very nice . they have a pool a hot tub that you can relax in after a long day . there prices are very good for being in the mountains and the rooms are very clean and very nice log style rooms they are big enough for familys. to move around in. this is a great place to come to for bussiness or fun or groups or wedding this is th place to have in mind and yo can do louds of things around town. this is a great getaway. the staff is very helpfull. they have wifi they have muffins, coffee orange juice, coco, tea in the morning. it is very nice to have that wen you wake up. i would say to everybody come and try it for yourself and see what i see. i will come back again and stay at this hotel. for any of my travel plans. i love the view the mountains you see are neat you can see animals sometimes and they are pet friendy and kids are also welcome. this is my place to stop when i am traveling threw colorado.

• Stayed August 2010
1 Thank ada025
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2010

We were coming from the other side of Rocky mountain state park and after driving over 7 hours, we ran out of steam in Georgetown. This motel was clean, quiet and spacious, and the service and disposition of the owners was welcoming and helpful. Nice continental breakfast too. Rates were reasonable, and the nearby town of Georgetown was a must see. The shops, restaurants and galleries are nestled in breathtaking mountains. The town is a 5 minute walk from the motel through historic homes and footbridges leading you over the stream that runs through the town. It is charming and enchanting during the day and an intriguing ghost town at night. The town was the setting for Dean Koontz's "Phantoms" and other movies as well. This motel is a worthwhile stop on any trip to this area.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank elkl0ver
Empire, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2010

A very friendly and helpful staff will asure a return visit from us. The room was clean and all amenities were available at all times. The pool was full, the spa was working, etc. We stayed on a holiday weekend and felt the rates were more than reasonable. A very charming inn in a very charming town.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kandik
Centennial, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2010

We booked a block of 12 rooms at Georgetown Mountain Inn months in advance of our daughter's July 4 wedding. The rooms were intended for the bride and groom, members of the groom's family and the bridal party. Working directly with Dawn, the inn's manager, we provided a room-by-room description of who was occupying each of the 12 rooms -- and how many people would be there. As the final week before the wedding approached, we thought we were all set. However, we were thrown off by:
1. Confused and sometimes absent staff. On July 1, a member of the inn's staff called to say that, in one of the rooms where we planned to put four people, they had substituted one king-size bed for two queen-size beds. When I pointed out that four people don't fit in one bed, she simply laughed and didn't seem to understand the problem. I had to make a series of last-minute calls to guests to arrive at a rearrangement that wouldn't involve stacking people four high.
I asked the same employee if members of the bridal party could access one or two of the 12 rooms we had booked before the 3:00 p.m. check-in time, in order to drop off luggage. The idea was to avoid making 24 people drag all their bags to the wedding venue. The employee said yes, and we said we would drop things off starting at 11:00 a.m. on July 4. We arrived at that time on July 4, only to find an empty lobby and no one at the front desk. There was no bell to ring for service, just a sign asking us to wait for someone to return. We'll never know if the two rooms we requested for luggage storage were ready, because after more than 45 minutes of waiting and shouting "Hello? Hello?", no one showed up. We had to leave for the rehearsal, bags in tow.
2. Inappropriate enforcement of the noise policy. Noise is an issue at this inn, as evidenced by "thin walls" comments in other reviews, and a policy for dealing with it makes sense. However, as soon as the bridal party arrived -- even before they had checked into their rooms -- the inn employee at the desk began following them around, apparently assuming that, since they were a large group, noise would be a problem. The employee even hovered around the closed door of the bride and groom's room, (visible through the bedroom window) leaning in to listen for noise -- a practice that's intrusive and creepy. In short, they were not welcoming to large groups.
3) Bugs. Roaches were spotted in the bathrooms of three of the 12 rooms we booked. When the lights were out in the bedroom and guests entered the bathroom and turned on the light, roaches skittered away to hiding places. They moved too fast to make clear photographs possible, although a few guests tried to document their existence with their cell phone cameras. While the bugs were not visible in the next morning's light, they were likely still there.

Don't get me wrong. I love the town of Georgetown and will definitely return. I just won't return to this inn -- particularly as part of a group reservation. And I would recommend that other guests work directly with the manager, if at all possible, since other employees are largely the problem.

• Stayed July 2010
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Georgetown
Comfort Suites Golden West on Evergreen Parkway
Winter Park Mountain Lodge
Winter Park Mountain Lodge
#4 of 15 in Winter Park
The Vintage Resort Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Georgetown Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!