“Rude!!!”

Ranked #3 of 6 Georgetown B&B and Inns
colorado
“Rude!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2009

My family and I stayed here while I was in town for business. The people above us kept us up all night. Then when we were leaving our dog was in the car had been all night. Where he sleeps when we travel because he is a good alarm. The housekeeper/owner thru a fit because we stayed in a room that didn't allow dogs. Didn't allow dogs or people who owned dogs? Our dog sleeps in the car!! If I had a horse trailer full of horses would they come in the room too?? If I end up moving there I will NOT have any of my family stay there. There are other more hospitable people in the community to give your money to. And I didn't get a wake up call that I requested. Thank god for my cell phone going off!! All around a rude experience. They will never get another dime from me!!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Chillicothe
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2008

Driving for a long distance and was getting tired. Stopped in about 9:00am to get a room. The check in time was 3:00PM but the guy at the desk said it was no problem checking in early. I asked for a quite room and he put me in one at the far end of the place and that worked out great. Older place could use some fixing up but nice. Got a AAA discount so it was a good value.

• Liked — Early Check In Was The Best
  • Stayed May 2008
steamboat colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2008

The Manager was rude!! The rooms were dirty and beds were so worn out they were flat. It was noisy all night!! I dont think they even washed the towels or bedding.When i asked for the owners number the manager refused to give it to me and hung up the phone. You couldnt pay me to stay here again .

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
GTINN, Manager at Georgetown Mountain Inn, responded to this review, 2 July 2009
Dear customer,

We are sorry to hear your stay at Georgetown Mountain Inn was not upto expectation. Our establishment has a new owner, manager, and staff since October 2008. We are family owned, and have been at hard work improving people's stay here. We have improved our rooms with new beds, bedding, comforters, sheets, pillows, sheets, and more. We hope our past and future customers will check us out and give us additional reviews! Thank you!

Please feel free to contact us with any questions or comments at gtinn@mho.net.

Travellers are raving about these Georgetown hotels

SF, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2008

So I found this place online looking for a place between Copper Mountain and Winter Park since I have photo shoots at both locations. It's in tiny Georgetown which is a tiny town off I-70.

The staff were super nice when I checked in and the rooms are pretty basic. I opened up the folder the hotel places in the rooms and there was a filled out comment sheet. It had wise tips saying how the room takes forever to warm up so I turned up the heat before I went out to get dinner, etc.

So that's a good tip, if you are here in the winter, turn up the heat right away. My room is nice and warm now and there's free WiFi in the rooms which I'm also using now. Good spot for a nice basic room. Nothing special so maybe not the best for something romantic but a good place to stop for a night.

Stayed March 2008
Chicago
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2008

Severe disappointment. Uncomfortable beds. Rude staff. Other guests (or employees?) literally kept us awake all night 3 of the 4 nights we stayed, clomping up and down the stairs and across the room upstairs. Complained to the desk, nothing done. Asked for clean towels and was told to get them from the swimming pool area. There were none there. Room never cleaned and towels never replaced during our stay. United AL had misplaced our bags and we were assured by hotel staff that they'd accept and keep them for us when delivered. The delivery man came with our bags and the hotel staff didn't accept them- sent them back to Denver. All in all a very negative experience.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — noise
  • Stayed December 2007
Exeter, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2007

We booked a "colorado" room which has been decorated in a western style with rough-cut furniture - which is surprisingly uncomfortable. The room was ok, and reasonable value for money - though if there was more choice, we wouldnt stay here again.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Furniture
  • Stayed August 2007
Denver
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2007

Pool and hot tub close at 9:30?? Walls are way too thin, staff was staying above us and was SO LOUD. The beds are terribly uncomfortable and the furniture, albeit pretty, was impractical, unusable, and overall big and clumsy. Won't stay again, don't recommend it, the staff is VERY ODD. Stay somewhere else, but still visit Georgetown, its a lovely place.

• Stayed October 2007
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Georgetown
BEST WESTERN Ptarmigan Lodge
Winter Park Mountain Lodge
#4 of 15 in Winter Park
Hampton Inn & Suites Silverthorne
Americas Best Value Inn-Georgetown Lodge

Been to Georgetown Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!