“Not a good experience.”

Ranked #3 of 6 Georgetown B&B and Inns
rapid City
“Not a good experience.”
Reviewed 5 March 2010

Rooms noething like the pictures on their web site, run down, holes in the wall, carpet dirty and not clean bathroom. Pool is run down and hot tube was locked for guest but staff were in the one night. Breakfast was a joke for 95 dollars the drive to Silverthorn is worth the trip. front staff could speek english. Over all experience was very poor. They charge an extra 5$ to clean your room or get extra towles.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Texas
Reviewed 23 February 2010

I stayed here in December with my husband and best friend and had an awful experience. I had booked the room 2 1/2 months in advance with the only helpful employee - Jessica - and confirmed the room for ONE night, as we were staying in Breckenridge for the remainder of our trip. Upon check-in the guy at the front desk said "you confirm two nights?" and I said "no, one night. We're checking out in the morning". He said "okay, I will let the other person know." At that point I thought it was settled.

We got into our room and it was decent enough - clean, simple. Nothing wrong with the room itself, and they had ample parking.

The next morning we go to check out and that's when things went downhill. The woman at the front desk (I'm assuming the owner from our experience with her) said "you pay for two nights". I said no, we were only booked for ONE night which I confirmed in October, and again one week prior to our stay. She insisted we were wrong and had in fact booked two nights. My husband and best friend chimed in and confirmed my story, that we had only booked one night. We went around and around with the owner, explaining every which way we could that we had only booked one night. (Why would we reserve a condo in Breck for the very same 2nd night they were insisting we had?!?!?) Finally the owner said she was going to call Jessica and get her to confirm our story.

She called Jessica and Jessica said she remembered talking to me but couldn't remember how many nights. I asked her to please relay that to the owner. The owner insisted that either we or Jessica were going to have to pay for the 2nd night. We said absolutely not, that we had reservations at another condo for that night and she was welcome to call them to confirm. She refused, and said "I will get Jessica to pay for the 2nd night, this is her mistake".

We said fine, that however they decided to settle it was not our business, just please let us pay and check-out so we could move on. She refused. Then she called Jessica and told her that she was going to have to pay for the 2nd night, all this time ignoring us and our attempts to pay.

I finally told her that her business with Jessica was not our business and that it was very unprofessional to keep arguing with her and us on the matter, and could we please go. She finally accepted our payment and continued telling us we were lying and that she was going to punish Jessica for it. Really, who does that?! We were trying to pay and work it out, even stood up for her employee since she continued to rail on her on her day off, and told her we would never, ever return.

Hence this review. We were all so infuriated by our experience that I cannot help but write such a bad review. The management could have handled that situation in so many other ways but they chose instead to call us liars, then call their employee a liar, and refused to work with us in any rational kind of manner. Not only that but they did it in front of another guest who was patiently waiting to check in.

I seriously don't know how this place will stay in business with that kind of poor management, and strongly urge all readers to stay elsewhere. Yes it's a good value and great location, but it's truly not worth the hassle to deal with the incompetent management.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Georgetown hotels

Tulsa, OK
Reviewed 6 October 2009

Lodge style bed, room had plenty of room and space for snow equipment. Breakfast was skimpy so plan to find some food or take your own.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with friends
colorado
Reviewed 5 October 2009

My family and I stayed here while I was in town for business. The people above us kept us up all night. Then when we were leaving our dog was in the car had been all night. Where he sleeps when we travel because he is a good alarm. The housekeeper/owner thru a fit because we stayed in a room that didn't allow dogs. Didn't allow dogs or people who owned dogs? Our dog sleeps in the car!! If I had a horse trailer full of horses would they come in the room too?? If I end up moving there I will NOT have any of my family stay there. There are other more hospitable people in the community to give your money to. And I didn't get a wake up call that I requested. Thank god for my cell phone going off!! All around a rude experience. They will never get another dime from me!!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
Chillicothe
Reviewed 4 June 2008

Driving for a long distance and was getting tired. Stopped in about 9:00am to get a room. The check in time was 3:00PM but the guy at the desk said it was no problem checking in early. I asked for a quite room and he put me in one at the far end of the place and that worked out great. Older place could use some fixing up but nice. Got a AAA discount so it was a good value.

• Liked — Early Check In Was The Best
  • Stayed May 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
steamboat colorado
Reviewed 11 May 2008

The Manager was rude!! The rooms were dirty and beds were so worn out they were flat. It was noisy all night!! I dont think they even washed the towels or bedding.When i asked for the owners number the manager refused to give it to me and hung up the phone. You couldnt pay me to stay here again .

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
GTINN, Manager at Georgetown Mountain Inn, responded to this review, 2 July 2009
Dear customer,

We are sorry to hear your stay at Georgetown Mountain Inn was not upto expectation. Our establishment has a new owner, manager, and staff since October 2008. We are family owned, and have been at hard work improving people's stay here. We have improved our rooms with new beds, bedding, comforters, sheets, pillows, sheets, and more. We hope our past and future customers will check us out and give us additional reviews! Thank you!

Please feel free to contact us with any questions or comments at gtinn@mho.net.
SF, CA
Reviewed 7 March 2008

So I found this place online looking for a place between Copper Mountain and Winter Park since I have photo shoots at both locations. It's in tiny Georgetown which is a tiny town off I-70.

The staff were super nice when I checked in and the rooms are pretty basic. I opened up the folder the hotel places in the rooms and there was a filled out comment sheet. It had wise tips saying how the room takes forever to warm up so I turned up the heat before I went out to get dinner, etc.

So that's a good tip, if you are here in the winter, turn up the heat right away. My room is nice and warm now and there's free WiFi in the rooms which I'm also using now. Good spot for a nice basic room. Nothing special so maybe not the best for something romantic but a good place to stop for a night.

Stayed March 2008
Also consider these accommodations in or near Georgetown
Best Western Ptarmigan Lodge
#1 of 6 in Georgetown
Historic Windsor Hotel B&B
Historic Windsor Hotel B&B
#1 of 2 in Silver Plume

Been to Georgetown Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!