“Leaves a lot to be desired”

Americas Best Value Inn-Georgetown Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Georgetown
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The room was barely clean. I won't even comment on sanitary. It was a one night visit, with a late check in. Since they are well west of Denver, and east of the major passes. My room was supposed to be non-smoking, but reeked of smoke. I'm not completely sure it was all tobacco smoke smell.

Room Tip: I would stay away from this one. Plan to drive further and book something in Silverthorn.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn-Georgetown Lodge

Reviewed 22 June 2014

As the title stated, i found it to be clean and comfortable, bed was comfy, shower adequate, not to noisy at night, considering you are bumping up against I-70. I had goofed my reservation, made it for one week ahead of when I arrived, clerk was very accommodating in getting me in a room. Beefs? Made a pot of coffee in the morning, only to find there were no cups in the room. Went to check out, and get a cup of coffee, (the muffin was good), left my room cards on the clerks counter, was there for probably 20 minutes reading the paper (thanks for the paper), never did see a desk clerk, I had hoped to confirm my check out. All in all, you get what you pay for. I needed a comfy bed to sleep in for one night, and a decent shower in the morning, and I got both of those for less than $80, not to shabby, especially in the mountains, right off a major interstate. Thanks Super 8, I would come back in the future.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Very dirty, cobwebs, dust, food crumbs on the floor and only one washcloth. Economy motels don't have to be dirty!!
Would not return, it gives other Super 8's a bad wrap. Did not even look at breakfast area. I was afraid too! The lobby was unclean and smelled and the receptionist was dirty as well.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This hotel was so bad I actually called the 800 number and complained which I've never done! From the front it looks beautiful but when you go around back it looks awful! However the staff was very nice but the Manager seemed surprised when I showed him the pics of how dirty our room was. He did however offer to give us 50% off for the night we had stayed but my husband refused and the mgr said he would let Super 8 handle the complaint then.

Room Tip: Please avoid this hotel at all costs!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Not a bad stay for the money , room was clean , but pretty well worn down , electrical outlets need some work .. They could also maybe put 2 packs of coffee fixin's in each room , wife and I both take creamer and sweet & low in cup of coffee , hard to do when there is only one of each! But , a decent night's sleep , no major malfunctions...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Georgetown
The Vintage Resort Hotel & Conference Center
#3 of 6 in Georgetown
Historic Windsor Hotel B&B
Historic Windsor Hotel B&B
#1 of 2 in Silver Plume

Been to Americas Best Value Inn-Georgetown Lodge? Share your experiences!