“Highlight of the day”

Hotel de Paris Museum
Ranked #5 of 20 things to do in Georgetown
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Hotel de Paris Museum, a site of the National Trust for Historic Preservation, is owned and operated by The National Society of The Colonial Dames of America in the State of Colorado. Hours may vary. Call or go online for details.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Drove over to Georgetown for the day from Denver. I started on the railroad which was ok and then drove down into town. It's pretty small and not much to do but I happened upon this museum and it was great. I was the only person on my tour (not sure tourist season has really started yet). I think my guides name was Sophie, I'm really bad with names but she was awesome. She was a college student from Georgetown and she really knew her history. The majority of the contents are original which is rare for places like this and it was well worth the $5 for the tour. I highly recommend this if you're in town!

Reviewed 27 May 2013

I would recomend this to any one who enjoys history and tours. I have done tours all over the west and this one was the first were the items in the muesem were actual to the actual owner and not just to the period. it was 90% origianl to the origianl owner. Enjoyed it and would recomend it to any one who enjoys taking tours of american history and buildings.

Reviewed 5 April 2013

we happened by this museum by chance and it was the highlight of the day. our tour guide was extremely engaged and had lots of stories up his sleeve. everything in "as was in those days" condition, down to pea tins in the kitchen to beds that fold into desks...really an interesting place. don't miss it.

Reviewed 13 December 2012 via mobile

This is probably the best thing to see in a small town rich with history. The place has been restored beautifully! I loved going back into time in this museum!

Reviewed 9 December 2012

The Hotel de Paris is one of the main attractions in Georgetown. It’s well worth a visit if you’re in town, but don’t drive to Georgetown just to see it. At its most basic, it’s a pretty typical building/museum of its kind – an old hotel with a history. The “self-guided tour” (which I think is a bit of an oxymoron) is very reasonably priced (especially with AAA or Senior discounts), and the majority of furnishings, architecture, and decorations are original to the hotel which is a plus. I found it interesting that the volunteer docents pronounced the founder’s name differently, and one of the spiels was definitely scripted, but at least the folks were available to answer questions. All in all, if you enjoy old buildings with a story behind them, you’ll probably enjoy this one. Otherwise, it’s just an old building with a story behind it…