“Expected a little more from a cheap hotel”

Extended Stay America - Denver - Cherry Creek
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Glendale
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Staff were friendly, room was liveable but could have used a little more cleaning than picking up the trash (dishes were dirty, shower faucet stuck with calcium deposits, hair in the sheets that are assumed to be clean and on the bathroom floor), but when I needed a receipt from the front desk before I left for my 8 am flight, at 6:15, 15 min after the office is "open" (though I don't think it was ever locked), the lights are off and there's no one around - not even the sign indicating the staff was elsewhere. I know I'm complaining about nitpicky things, but as a business, there needs to be a standard of basic efficiency and now I'm hoping that I can get a copy of my receipt with the detailed charges emailed to me.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 9 September 2013

The guest room was disgusting. Not expecting a 5 star experience, just clean room and safe environment. Food debris in all cabinets, can of sardines and 3-4 ritz crackers in one cabinet. Refrigerator seals caked with sticky debris. Grease/sticky goo on top for fridge. Kitchen floor not clean. Spider in bath tub. Cob webs in ceiling corners. Ant trap on floor by door. Pull out bed had never been made so could not use (shipping braces still attached to pull out portion). Crayon marks all over mirror sliding door. Counter top dirty. Drawers for clothes dirty.

While unloading into our room, had an audience of 10-15 people standing on various balconies watching, smoking. Barefoot kids running around well after dark. People walking around looking in windows, tapping on windows trying to get peoples attention.

When I said we were checking out and going to another hotel because this was just not clean enough the front desk associate just said OK. No apology, offer to fix. Nothing but OK.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank John S
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The condition of the kitchen you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I apologize that we did not make it right. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am inspecting each room before each guest arrives.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly at, chr @extendedstay.com with any additional comments or questions. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

This was my fifth stay here and I believe by the grace of God it even got better. The room was clean with a great mountain view. The kitchentte was a blessing. The staff and manager are always helpful even when very busy. Again easy access to public transportation with a supermarket right next door. A really good manager and stafff make the difference!

Room Tip: Be polite to the staff. Treat them as you would like to be treated.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Steve - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that your room was so clean and you enjoyed the view. As well, I am so glad that our staff provided you with such excellent customer service and that you liked our hotels location.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

When I check in the representative is not that helpful, this hotel does not have elevator, we have to walk to the 3rd floor. When I open the door, the room looks like someone just left the room. The bathroom door broken unable to lock. The sofa was broken unable to pull for a bed. My guest has to sleep on the floor. I did not request for a new room because it was late. Also the bed is very very bad. I mean it. Both of our backs were hurt next morning. I can fell the metal of the bed hitting my back. Don't go to this place if you see this note. I'm not kidding, it you try you will regret later. We are on our way to church conference, our guests are looking forward to the suite hotel we offer them, but it turn to nightmare. We loose face for our guess. Next morning we request to another hotel which is 45 minutes away. The office woman told us that she will make the arrangement for us in the next 3 days. At the time we came back from the conference, we and check in, nothing has been done. The office worker call the previous hotel the same person answer then hang up the phone. I was told by the staff that this hotel just accept by my time share company. And their services are poor I think they should withdraw their membership from my timeshare company. I can go on and on about this hotel but if you don't trust my words try it you will know that what I said is true. The room look like trash.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Jonah - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am very sorry that your room was unclean and that our hotel did not meet your expectations. In response to this feedback, I am working with my housekeeping staff to deep clean your room and improve our cleaning procedures as well as inspection policies moving forward. As well, I am going to coach our entire team on how to provide better service in the future. Still, I hope that you enjoyed the church conference!

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at chr@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

This is a very run down and grimey hotel. It smelled bad and looked like it was furnished from GoodWill. Bath tub looked grey and shower head dribbled instead of spraying. Broken closet door, so could not use the closet. They said they put iton the maintanence list--four days later still not fixed. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cyndi s
Reviewed 4 August 2013

This is probably the best of extended stay hotels in Denver. Having driven around and looked at several, and escaping from my stay at one, I and my family elected to stay here for nearly a month. Note most of the extended stay hotels are owned by the same corporation. The bottom rung is Crossland Studios, followed by Extended Stay America, them Homestead. We stayed at the Crossland Studios in Thornton, and it was truly scary.
We looked at the Crossland Studios a few blocks from here, and it looked pretty run-down. The quote they gave was higher than this Extended Stay America, so we chose to stay here. They initially offered us a room with 2 queen-size beds and a couch if we came back after 1:00. We said fine, cancelled our stay at the scary Crossland in Thornton (see my review of that fiasco), and returned around 1:00. They weren't ready yet - supposedly they agreed to let the person in our room stay an extra hour. Call at 2:00. Not ready then. Finally around 3:00 we got our room. It was not the room they had showed us. It had 2 double beds, no couch. Oops, sorry, that's all we have except for a smoking room with 2 queens. We had a look, it smelled awful. A quick consult and with no other option, we accepted the smaller room. Another look around the room, and we realized they hadn't done much if any cleaning. Ah, well, off to a poor start with what felt like a bait-and-switch. Things got better after that, but the once a week cleaning was always marginal.

The location was OK, with a Target store nearby and a decent park within walking distance, and a huge mall not far away. Wifi was fairly decent. The "grab and go" breakfast was nothing to write home about - a bit of fruit (apples and oranges), cheap muffins, but decent coffee.

There appeared to be some ongoing prostitution in at least one of the rooms, and drug dealing in another, but it was quiet and I never felt threatened. Much easier to be around and pretend wasn't happening than at the Crossland.

The hotel was supposedly being upgraded while we were there. They had just repaved the parking lot and were replacing some of the furniture.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described regarding the room conditions is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, my team is double checking availability in advance. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at chr @extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

Overall the room gave me what I needed a bed. The kitchen was nice though I mainly used the frig to keep water cold. The room was ok, would be nice if the sheets fix correctly and didn't wad up under me when I rolled over. The carpet in my room was very well used but seemed clean it is just in need of updating - thread bare in spots. Bathroom was clean but it too could use some updating. For the money it wasn't bad and it was the best option available to me for my conference, everything closer was booked but getting to the convention center was easy thanks to directions given to me by a woman at the target right there by the units. Staff (the one I met) was nice and friendly.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Hi Tracey,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I do apologize that the sheets did not fit properly. i appreciate you acknowledging that while the room was well used, it was still very clean. I am delighted to let you know that we will be renovating the property in the fall of 2013. This will certainly address some of the concerns you mentioned! If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at chr@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel again to see the positive strides we have taken to improve! Thanks again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glendale
Capitol Hill
11th Avenue Hotel & Hostel
11th Avenue Hotel & Hostel
#105 of 160 in Denver
Stapleton
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver

Been to Extended Stay America - Denver - Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!