“Down right grotty”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Glendale
Acton, Massachusetts
“Down right grotty”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

The first thing I noticed when I walked up to the office was that the entire building was in great need of paint, so that should have been my first clue. Check in staff is nice enough, housekeeping staff is down right rude - one of them almost hit me full face with a door that he could see through, because he wasn't paying attention and acted as if nothing had happened. There is no safety inspection certificate in the elevator and there are cigarette butts all over the place. The rooms are like something you'd expect to find in a flophouse off Times Square in NY. The carpet is filthy, walls are in great need of paint and have smallish holes in them, bedspreads are thin and in poor condition, towels are thin, and there are no blankets in the rooms so it's necessary to run the heater all night which is noisy. Rooms are residential studios so have a small kitchen area that is supposed to be stocked with plates, utensils, etc. There were 2 forks, 3 spoons and 1 knife and no waste basket. The furniture was so scratched up I doubt Good Will would sell it. I had to stay somewhere one night with my daughter because of construction on our house and had heard that this place was pretty nice. Its proximity to Cherry Creek which is extremely upscale would support that, but this is a real dive. The only reason why I'm giving this a poor instead of a terrible review is because the beds are pretty comfortable.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this place. There are 2 other residential hotels within about 1/2 mile.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
College Station, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

After making my reservation on-line and speaking with Peter at the location I arrived for my scheduled one month stay as intended. When I arrived I was told That I would have to move all my belongings (van full) after half my stay so they could remodel that building. I asked If I could just be given a room in the already remodeled building (the office) and they told me they were all taken. Meanwhile I have asked to speak with the manager and said she was not available and I contacted the Reservations Department and they told me I was not being nice to the office to the desk clerk. While I was standing there she was taking new customers without reservations to the remodeled building. Realizing I wasn't getting anywhere with this staff person I asked for a room for one night rather than the month and she wanted to charge the one night charge. Anyway, I went to the room, which was unlocked as it appeared was the case of most rooms on that side of the building. I went in and found it to smell like cat urine. I believe the reason that I was not given one of the "good" rooms was because I was traveling with my service animal. Better to make me "wait" in a room that they likely can't rent while they accept the "nightly" rates for the more valued remodeled rooms. This is bait and switch, not at all what is shown in the websites. TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE. Let me just ask you, how do you feel about parking and living in a construction zone?

Room Tip: Avois Extended Stay as the Corporate has 0 knowledge of what truly goes on at the site.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Gary N

Travellers are raving about these Glendale hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

They don't have it together! Nobody updated the system when we moved to a different room because the first one was filthy and they kept knocking at the room trying to figure out why we were there (the system said that room was vacant)
Make yourself a favor and go somewhere else!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ggmad
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am truly sorry that our staff did not properly communicate your room change and disturbed your stay. In response, I am reviewing our procedures with the entire team so that this does not happen again.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at chr @extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

This hotel has progressively gone down hill. It became an extended stay but it did not improve. Mold in bathrooms, rugs filthy, bedding old and torn and stained. Sheets that do not fit the bed. Beds old and sagging. Non-smoking rooms have people with the doors open and smoking. No control on temperature...the unit was so disgusting. Parking lot was lethal with ice. The staff response was "sorry about that"

Room Tip: Don not stay here.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

Bed was comfortable but there were HAIRS in the sheets! Toilett didn't work and walls were filthy. Heater didn't work right -just kept pumping out heat all night long regardless of temp selected. Staff was not friendly. Not very high quality. Didn't feel very safe.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Loveland, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

I knew I was not staying at the Marriott but I did expect a clean room. The carpet was dirty, when looking for my shoe under the bed I found trash, there was hair stuck to the shower walls, the edges of the floor in the kitchen were filthy! I had to wash the dishes I did use because they were dirty. The "fitted" sheet kept coming off during the night! The desk chair was so wobbly I was afraid to use it. I would have checked out early and moved to another hotel if my job had not been canceled! I will NEVER stay at THIS Extended Stay America again! Don't waste your money! If you still decide to stay bring some disinfectant wipes and be prepared to wipe everything down!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described regarding overall cleanliness of the room is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, my team is inspecting each and every room prior to guest check-in.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at chr@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
Abilene, Texas, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

My room was clean. The hot water did not work in the kitchen sink and neither did the microwave, but they were immediately repaired. I can not speak highly enough about the staff at this hotel. I have stayed in over 25 different hotels in the past year and the staff of THIS hotel is head and shoulders above all the other staffs in all the other hotels.
The rooms in this hotel are ready for some remodeling and updating. I assume that Extended Stay knows about this and have already scheduled these repairs.
Next time I come to Denver, I will definitely stay here.
I will recommend my friends to stay here.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glendale
Holiday Inn Denver - Cherry Creek
Staybridge Suites Denver-Cherry Creek
Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Cherry Creek
Hampton Inn and Suites Denver-Cherry Creek
Residence Inn Denver Cherry Creek

Been to Extended Stay America - Denver - Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!